Skip to content

Esploro

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Esploro by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

5 results found

1. Activate my profile button on the Researcher Profile

On the researcher profile it would be nice to have a button to request to "publish my profile". The scenario being profiles are by default off and we are asking researchers to update the information in the overview section. It is not obvious to the Researcher that their profile is not live unless they do a search in the Profiles portal for themselves. We are currently manageing this in an online tutorial in Springshares LibWizard with options to "request to publish" or "don't publish I’m still working on it." This would be best managed from within the profiles and the…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ability to create a set of researchers using Internal Researcher ID

As part of smart harvest and CDI migration (i.e. adding assets in bulk via DOI or PMID or PMCID) we get a lot of non-affiliated researchers. Unfortunately, non-affiliated people may be conflated. We would like to add basic keywords to non-affiliated researchers (for example, co-authors on Nursing publications could have the keyword "Nursing" which would make it more obvious to the matching algorithm that they are not in Geology). The current functionality allows us to add keywords to a set of researchers, but we lack a way to easily make a set of non-affiliated researchers. We can get the internal…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

there is an option to Import Non-affiliated researchers (Researcher > Import Non-Affiliated).

We also add the option to bulk update researchers (affiliated or non-affiliated) and this includes the option to add research topics (Admin --> Run a job --> Update Set of Researchers)

Tami

3. Researcher ability to retrospectively add an accepted manuscript via Researcher profile

• We would like to increase the amount of Open Access available via our repository and would like to see functionality that enabled a researcher to retrospectively submit an accepted manuscript attached to an already reported metadata record. This will become increasingly important once the auto harvester is activated. The manuscript would be submitted and mediated by library staff to ensure that it complies with the copyright requirements and embargo periods of the publisher. I would imagine that it would appear in the task list (as a separate type of task).

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Confirmation message when updating area of interest - Backend

When editing a profile from the Alma backend it is incredibly easy to accidently delete the Areas of Interest section which, if done accidently, would require the researcher to enter the details again. It would be good to have a confirmation message attached to this action e.g. Are you sure you want to delete the Areas of Interest from the Profile?. I know this is operator error and you could cancel out of the record, but I’m sure it’s going to happen at some point.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Integrate calls for papers (Papers Invited) into researcher profiles

Integrating the submission form (https://www.papersinvited.com/#submit-paper) into researcher profiles makes it easy for journal editors and conference/event planners to quickly and easily advertise their call directly within their profile and continues to build up the practical functionality of the platform for researchers.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base