I would like to see the deposit forms and related workflows configurable by each institution as they see fit. Configurable forms will potentially allow institutions to expand the usage of the tool for other collections, such as impact cases and specialised collection which must follow certain rules. It is a key feature for the system to stay ahead in the market.
Zoe Martin commented
I agree withe the above. Please see below what we would like to do:
- Combine the Doctorate ETD and Graduate ETD into one form instead of having two different forms and links. And therefore, the ‘Degree awarded’ dropdown on the form would show all ETD types.
- Remove the ‘Co-Authors’ field – theses are only completed by one person and this field is therefore irrelevant and confusing
- The ability to select more than one ‘Awarding academic unit’ as some theses cross over two or more
- Make the ‘Contributor role’ default to ‘Supervisor’
- Edit the ‘License Agreement’ information
- Have just overall better customisation abilities