RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export Tags

It is essential that RefWorks export "tag" metadata in its various export formats. I have been using RefWorks for years but am discontinuing my use of your product until tag data is exportable. Tag metadata is some of the most valuable data in the library of citations that I have amassed over the past four years, and because it is not currently exportable, it feels as if ProQuest is holding my data hostage. Exportable metadata is not merely a perk to be added to your service; it is a MAJOR structural flaw that needs to be addressed.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  2. Export references with highlight or comment

When New RefWorks User tries to print/download a reference, the highlight or comment on the PDF file will be removed. We expect that it is possible to export the reference file including highlight or comment from New RefWorks.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. APA 7th style should insert HTTP prefix to DOI, not require it to be hardcoded

The DOI metadata field should include literally just the DOI, so that users can switch styles without having to manually edit every record. The 7th edition style is forcing users to hardcode the https://doi.org/ in the DOI field which renders it unusable for any other style that doesn't use that format. Instead require the user to NOT have any characters (eg doi:) in the DOI field other than the actual DOI, and apply the https://doi.org/ prefix to the data when generating the bibliography for APA 7th citations.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  4. data-driven article recommendations

There is a demand for data-driven article recommendation function for RefWorks.
    Some kind of web services have already implemented this kind of function.
    One end-user said that it should be based on not only articles in user account but also references cited in those articles. I hope this idea to be considered.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base