Skip to content

RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

32 results found

1. APA capitalization

I would love to see the automation of capitalizing proper nouns in APA. I believe that the only way to currently achieve this is to edit the citation after export.

61 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Integrate with Primo

Provide a easy way for the user to search for relevant resources in his library discovery tool from inside RefWorks.
    For customers that use Primo as their library discovery,

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Integrate with Summon

Be able to search Summon from inside RefWorks' "Search Databases"
    Provide a easy way for the user to search for relevant resources in his library discovery tool from inside RefWorks.
    For customers that use Summon as their library discovery,

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Have cursor appear when the "Insert/Edit Citation" window opens, without having to click the "Search References" bar

I would like to suggest that when the "Insert/Edit Citation" window opens, it would be nice if the cursor appeared already in the "Search References" bar, rather than having to click on it. This would make the process much smoother.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Fix the auto import from Scopus into RefWorks

Fix the auto import from Scopus to RefWorks

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. **Yellow Pop-Up Menace**

There is a persistent yellow pop up, which won't go away, no matter how many times you click the X.

I propose it should disappear after the first click, or have a box to say 'don't show this message again'.

Please vote for this - it's a menace.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Option to save and display year without month and day

I never want to display the publication day and month, just the year. When I import references, the full date is automatically saved and displayed. I then have to go through my references deleting the information I don't want. Could there be options to save the year only and display this in place of the full date?

I'm using RCM in Word.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for submitting this idea. There are two ways you can use the year only:
    1. Using the Bulk Edit feature, edit at once all references where the date contains a certain year and replace it with the year only (repeat for each year). Read more about Bulk Edit here: https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/RefWorks/Product_Documentation/RefWorks_User_Guide/0400_Managing_References#Editing_References
    2. Create a custom citation style that will use the Year field (for reference types that have this field) instead of the Date field. Watch the Citation Style Editor tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6ORsIDtNPk&t=168s

8. Colour settings

I am supporting a student with severe visual impairment for whom colour contrast is vital. The white background in RW is a problem. Could RW be developed to allow the colours to be changed? In her case she finds a black background with white writing best for her disability.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Journal names when abbreviated dont't get added to the reference list correctly.

There seems to be a bug when adding references with abbreviated journal name to the reference list. Sometimes the reference gets divided into two lines even though it would fit to one line. This doesn't happen every time, but my collegeis having exatly the same problem.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow page display customization

I find that the "bubbly" nature of the new version makes it easy to start using, but now that I want to use it as a research tool, I would like to minimize the size of all the text, buttons, and icons so that more information can be displayed at one time. I would prefer the option to sort references and move through the platform efficiently. Make all my folders display in the same box (not separated by shared or not). In general, if it looked more like a computer files system rather than a phone app, it would allow…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. "Create Account" option shows up too soon, produces error, turns students away

On the Legacy Platform, students are experiencing an error when they attempt to create new account. The "Create Account" option shows up as soon as the consent button is checked, so students check on "Create Account" instead of "next" and experience an error, then turn away. Please do not put the "Create Account" option up until it's actually an option... until after student has entered their name, field of study, etc. This is extremely poor design.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Display fulltext link on all pages, not just the edit page

Display fulltext link on all pages, not just the edit page. Thank you :)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Transfer old RefShare functions to new RefWorks

The display of data in your own output style as well as the search functionalities from the old RefShare should definitely be included in the new version as well.

Currently, only a listing is possible, which is definitely not sufficient to present the data well.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Where in the heck is my RefWorks button or where do I find it now that it is installed? Where are my directions for using this?

Here is an idea! Tell me how to find the RefWorks in MS Word after I install it! Where the heck is it! Where is the guidance on how to use it in Word? Come on guys, have a real user help you with this - I was supposed to be happily on my way using this tool to crank out my annotated bibliographies but I am spending valuable time to try and find how to use it. Really!?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Trying out instructions before you post them

Well, you have seriously pissed me off trying to download things (not working to "drag" thing to favorites bar, something got hung up in installing additional things I had to have before I could use Write and Cite) and find databases in your drop-down menu. How is it possible that "MLA" is not listed in our library databases??? Fortunately I have an appt with a librarian at 1:00, where I will either discover how to use RefWorks easily or switch to Endnote or something else.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make the Legacy Refworks link on the interstitial page the same size as Regular Refworks.

Until recently the two RefWorks options have been the same size. Now the new Refworks is much larger (more obvious) than Legacy. We recommend Legacy more often than the new version because Legacy allows students to have many accounts (very useful for systematic reviews). By making the new version much larger, you are leading them to the one that is less useful for review projects.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Since the overwhelming majority of users are on (new) RefWorks, many customer asked that we change this page. The equivalent of multiple accounts is Projects, which was released Dec. 2018. Project sharing was released in May 2019, and allows performing collaborative systematic reviews. You can read more about projects in the RefWorks monthly release notes: https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/RefWorks/Release_Notes/RefWorks_Release_Information and in the Working with Projects section of the RefWorks user guide: https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/RefWorks/Product_Documentation/RefWorks_User_Guide/0400_Managing_References#Working_with_Projects

17. In the style Bluebook (notes & bibliography), 2 functions should be corrected

In the style Bluebook (notes & bibliography), 2 functions could be corrected please. First, when the "Ref type" newspaper article is selected, RefWorks automatically adds "available at" for the URL, which is not correct for this style according to Bluebook edition 20th. Besides, in "Publish Date," RefWorks takes out the year out of the parenthesis, leaving inside the month and day. Second, when the "Ref type" Web page is selected, RefWorks does not transport whatever is written in the field "website" to the citation view. Also, the same thing with the year and the parenthesis happens.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Refworks lite

Refworks lite simplified interface aimed at highs school students Years 7 to 10 with simplified lead through and limited citation choices

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We won't be able to address this idea in our planned roadmap. We are committed to our users and are focusing on current goals and most requested features.

19. alternate titles confusing in record editing view

My concern is that the record editing interface (for Book Section) confuses the 'Book alternate title' and the 'Book section title'

Please see attachment #1: there, it is logical that the alternate title for the Book (Edited Collection) appears below the original Book title.

However, as attachment #2 shows, when editing a ‘Book Section’ record, the Alternate Title field appearing below the (book section) Title is confusing, since that field will hold the book alternate title.

What I'm suggesting here is that in a Book section record, the field should be called 'Book alternate title' and appear below Book Title.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Is there a way to configure the default view when opening Refworks to have the option to choose the menu from the sidebar?

Is there a way to configure the default view when opening Refworks to have the option to choose the menu from the sidebar?
    Hence, when a user logs into their account - have the center display empty and have the use choose from the left column default options.
    When our users log in - sometimes they get confused as to what they are looking at in the center area that currenlty defaults to 'all documents'
    Would like to have the center blank and have use choose what they want to see..

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We won't be able to address this idea in our planned roadmap. We are committed to our users and are focusing on current goals and most requested features.

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base