Skip to content

Alma

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Alma by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

86 results found

1. Calendar Management - update Calendars by uploading Excel spreadsheet

It is very time-consuming updating calendar exceptions each year in the Alma interface. Using Tools, It is possible to export calendars to Excel so please could you make it possible to import them as well because it would be so much quicker and easier to make the changes in Excel. In most cases, I just need to adjust the dates slightly rather than adding a new record.

Like other University libraries, our opening hours pattern is quite complex: 4 campuses with different hours, night opening for part of of the year at 2 campuses, early closing during the summer rotated…

221 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add the option to add a call number column to the Scan in Items page

I would like to be able to add a Call Number column to Scan in Items page. Currently, several steps are involved in checking and getting items "out of" acquisitions/processing, ready for shelving-- In order to double check a call number I need to first scan in each item in resource management while I am in the "acquisitions" location, then change my location to Circulation desk to access the Scan in items . If a call number column was added to Scan in Items, this would simplify “double checking” the call number for each item, and circulation staff could double…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Digitization requests

By default, digitization requests are considerered as "Full". We would like customers to be able to choose between "Full Digitization" and "Partial Digitization" by default when creating a Digitization request. Alma administrators should be able to define a default digitization request type.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Requests in queue - notice to patrons

When you have more request for an item than you have items, the new requests are automatically queued, but the requester do not get any message about this, and unless they check their Oria account they have no way to find out when they can expect to receive their item.

We propose a function that automatically sends email to patrons if their requests have been queued. This must include their position in the queue.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Fine Letter - Much like the Lost Item Replacement Fee but a standalone letter

Alma only gives a User a fine notification within the return receipt but it's merely an afterthought. Currently, we have this set to go to a printer (e-mail address) because we don't want to spam our patrons with return receipts for every item they turn in (I have asked within Sales Force about grouping but even then, it still sends out return receipts individually).

Ideally, I'd love an option to send a letter ONLY when the person had a fine, and not every time they returned something. This letter would also have more customization, and include fields like Bar code,…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Create request from the patron's record

There is a somewhat common workflow that a patron comes to the desk to loan an item or perform some other activity at the desk. then the patron will ask the librarian to also create a request for him.
    In order to do this currently the operator must leave the patron record and find the title and then re-insert the patron information.
    A much more intuitive and efficient workflow would be to have a Create Request action in the request tab and when entering the screen the user would have to search for inventory and requester would be pre-populated.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?