Skip to content

RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

39 results found

1. Citation view - journal issue number

Journal issue number is highlighted yellow if missing in Citation View. Can it be changed to yellow as some journals do not have an issue number.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for submitting this idea. The missing data indication is based on the style requirements, and cannot take the specific journal into account. Since in many cases a blank journal issue number field would indeed be considered missing data we would like users to have the yellow indication. You can still cite the reference with the missing data, the error will appear only in citation view and not in your citations and bibliography.

2. Cite Them Right 11th edn. - US states need to be written in full

Cite Them Right 11th edn. US states should be written in full.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. follow local folder

I save all the PDFs of my papers on a local folder. It will be great if RefWorks could follow this folder and add the reference automatically as soon as I save it to my drive.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Problem: RefWorks in Word (64-bit) does not communicate with my RefWorks folders.

Hello,

When I open Word, RefWorks Write-N-Cite-tool reports the following (see screenshot). When I try to add citation in Word, none of my folders is shown. In the RefWorks website, however, everything is normal. What should I do?

Thank You!
    - Lasse

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Built in pdf converter

When a reference isn't in pdf format, I have to convert it to a pdf, then use a third-party program to OCR the content, in order for the document to be able to be read and highlighted in RefWorks. It would be nice if RefWorks had a converter built in that recognizes many files types and converts them automatically to the format it will recognize. Some pdfs that we have OCR'ed are still not recognized by RefWorks. This is frustrating for faculty and students, and the librarians who wish to help them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The Journal Name shown as Null

I have recently faced a problem when I imported multiple references and at the end when I made the bibliography, some of the references were showing journal name as NULL, while on doi link the journal name was OK. I had to write 5 journal names by myself out of total 32 references. Do not know what went wrong though.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Capitalise titles when importing them

When using the (very very helpful) import citation from either google scholar or the journal page or wherever, is it possible to have the title capitalised? It might not be your doing it might be the originator. I have had to go through all the imported titles and capitalise them to comply with APA standards.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Repair display error in spacing between surname and initials

When importing a reference it displays correctly in the centre pane. However, when using that reference 'in text' it does not utilise the 'et al' option for numerous authors. One has open Refworks, edit the entry, add a space between the surname and initial/first name for each name and then save the entry before returning to the document to continue.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Repair display error in spacing between surname and initials

When importing a reference it displays correctly in the centre pane. However, when using that reference 'in text' it does not utilise the 'et al' option for numerous authors. One has open Refworks, edit the entry, add a space between the surname and initial/first name for each name and then save the entry before returning to the document to continue.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. URGENT - New import HELP (BIBLIOSAN)

Dear ALL,
    I am writing from the San Matteo hospital (Bibliosan consortium). We are participating in an important European project on convalescent plasma and Covid-19. We are doing a bibliographic search in many databases. Many of these are not present in the Refwork import and also their export formats. Do you think it is not acceptable that formats such as .txt, .csv, .xml cannot be imported into Refworks in both new and 2.0.
    These are important sites such as EU Clinical Trials Register https://www.clinicaltrialsregister.eu/ctr-search/search (attached on example) or WHO https://www.who.int/ictrp/en/.

Can you add these formats or databases? Our research…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

After taking a look at the files generated by these sites, we see they are not reference files and don’t have consistent reference metadata. Therefore they cannot be imported as references. You can of course upload such a file into RefWorks in order to store it in your collection (as a single reference with the file attached, not a reference per entry in the file). To do so select “Add” → “Upload Document”.

12. save to Refworks

I'm an UNED user (my institution does not appear at the login) but I can login with my uned email and in your settings it recognises me as UNED user. The problem comes when I try to "save to Refworks" . Appears the login validation on the right and it doesn't recognises me as an user. So I cannot save the web page, having to do it manually. Mac OS catalina 10.15. Safari 13.1.1

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Refworks bugs on linux

Things that currently do not work when trying to import from legacy refworks:

The "authorize import from legacy refworks button" does nothing

I cannot upload any file in the "import references" pane

references were not extracted RIS, BIB and TXT files that I was able to upload in the "upload document" section , and the list of references were saved as a single reference

I was subsequently unable to delete these references

I will continue using the (highly functional, excellent) legacy refworks until these issues are fixed

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. importing to Refworks easy

After the latest update on refworks, i have to click on import twice. Firstly, i have to click on import when importing from database and then i have to select a folder and then i have to click on import. I preferred to import my references to not in folder section as i work on one project at a time. And later i transferred all the references to one folder. Kindly give an option, where if the references is imported, it goes directly into not in folder. Unless user specifically clicks on a folder and then clicks on import. It…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Today after live came on line

The procedure for adding a PDF upload from the computer to the system is no longer working. Also, while in the system (Refworks) clicking on a PDF file to slide over to the system has two possible outcomes. First, the references are for a different journal, book, etc. or that to will not stick and save to Refworks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Fix bug when importing references and choosing destination folder

There seems to be a bug in the new feature that allows you to choose a destination folder when importing a new reference. The first time I use it, it works well and I can choose from the drop-down menu. The second time (and every time after that), when I click the drop-down menu, none of my folders show up. I have to click through and import it, then assign a folder after the fact. Very frustrating because it works the first time!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I'm not a reference builder app - you figure it out.

I don't know how to fix it - that's your job. However, I'm Frustrated that it's a download from GCU but it only works correctly about 60% of the time and I'm not including PDFs in this which, of course, are not supported. I'm about to go back to using a different citation generator. If I wanted to repeatedly build my own citations, I wouldn't need RefWorks, right?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. La bibliografia

La bibliografia al final me sale en ingles el recuperado, ademas del titulo de las referencias también en ingles

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Citation optimization

Right now, the problem for me with RefWorks is that it does far too many things automatically. At my university, we have our own rules of the citation which have to do with the rules of Dutch grammar. e.g. We write titles and subtitles as sentences, meaning that only the first letter of the first word per sentence is capitalized. The exception is of course for names, place names, historical events, etc. (each of these depending on the local spelling & grammar rules). While we want as much information as possible to be automated, it's very unhandy to automate the…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Import full date when importing newspaper articles from proquest historical newspapers database

When importing citations from Proquest historical newspaper database, only the year is imported. This isn't satisfactory for creating notes/bibliographies including newspapers, which typically require mm/dd/yyyy information.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?