Leganto

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Leganto by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

1. Multiple rollover

The rollover functionality is great and is used to reduce the workload for the staff.

We have encountered one issue. What we have seen is that the work on the establishing of the courses themselves in the course management system (external system) often takes a long time and there are changes throughout the year. That means that at the point where the library would like to perform the rollover there will only be a portion of the courses that are ready in the course system. This means that there are a need to perform a 2nd rollover at a later…

216 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. Give book extract citation type its own title field

We like the concept of the book extract citation type, but would like it to operate more like a book chapter type rather than an article.

We would like to give them titles like "Questions from Chapter 14", or use section headings that may be on the page of the book. If there was nothing obvious to use in the book, then we could make up a description of the extract [Extract from ch. 4].

For students this would give them a clearer idea of what they are supposed to read rather than just seeing the whole book title.

For…

181 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →
  3. Citation Processing rules to use same Leganto real time availability merge rules for purchase requests

Hi,
    Ideal Scenario:
    We currently have a citation processing rule set to automatically trigger a purchase request, if a book has a particular tag, and there are no E versions of the P available in repository. If there is an E copy available then the purchase request should not be triggered. If no E version is available, but the citation meets all other parameters in that particular citation processing rule, then a purchase request should automatically be triggered

Issue:
    The problem at the moment is that, Leganto is not relating our E version to our P, and so is still…

140 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. Return people to page once logged in

We have an open search page for Leganto and make our lists open as well. Because of this people will often find lists in different ways i.e. not just following the link from the VLE.

If you find a list that is open and then log in, or if you are on the open search page and log in, you are always taken to the "My lists" screen.

I propose that when you log in you are returned to the page you started on i.e. if you are on a list page and log in you are returned to the…

129 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Citation menu options should be available from citation view

It would be helpful if there was more access to the citation menu options when viewing the citation in Leganto. Users should be able to Copy to my collection, Send to Library, Mark as Read, get LTI Direct Access, get a permalink and Set Complete.

Where this is a real problem however is for instructors who are using the Unlink LTI option on a citation from the LMS. To unlink, they follow the link to the citation, then have to know to go to the section to find the citation and its menu.

Ideally both unlink and relink should be…

128 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Get an alert in Task list when a file is uploaded

Instructors uploading a file together with a citation should trigger an alert: the library may want to control and check which files are published, due to copyright issues.

89 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. Custom Analytics 'Reports' within Leganto interface for instructors

Currently the 'Reports' link (attached) in Leganto just links to an 'out the box' analytics dashboard displaying a range of usage information.

It would be useful to be able to define a path to our own Analytics dashboard in an Alma code table, e.g. in Fulfilment > Leganto > Customer Settings.

Our analytics report would be set to receive filters/parameters from Leganto, i.e. reading list codes.

Academic engagement forms a significant part of the work we do with reading lists, so being able to be flexible and responsive to their needs/wishes in terms of usage of their lists would definitely…

80 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Fix Cite It! login redirect

When a user hits the Cite It! bookmarklet, if they are already logged into SSO, it works perfectly. However, if they aren't logged in, then hitting the Cite It! button lets them log in and takes them to Leganto. What it should do is capture the URL where they were when they first hit the bookmarklet, then login, then redirect back to the original page and open up the form to save the citation to a list or to the collection. This would make the use of the Cite It! button completely seamless for users.

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Recalculate course reserves automatic status if a tag is added to citation

The Course Reserves Automatic Statuses mapping table allows us to automatically assign the status of ‘Complete’ to physical citations (parameter key citation_physical). However, our digitisation workflow requires that a tag called ‘Digitisation request’ is added to the physical citation, in which case, the status of ‘Complete’ is no longer correct. When a specified tag is added to a citation (as configured by the library, e.g. 'Digitisation request') can the status be recalculated automatically and a different status (configured by the library, e.g. 'Digitisation requested') be assigned?

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Auto Save tags when entering

When adding tags you have to select the tag then click the Save button. If you hit Enter it adds the next tag in the list! Most users will hit enter thinking this will Save the tag. I'd like to eliminate the extra click on the Save button and have tags auto save.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Suppress tags from specified citation material types

We would like to be able to hide certain tags from specific material types, for example hide our 'Digitisation request' tag from citations which are already available electronically.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →
  12. Cite It compatibility with JISC's Library Hub Discover (NBK)

Library Hub Discover (replacement of COPAC) is not currently compatible with Cite It.

Cite It only currently captures basic metadata from the site: citation type is always other, title is always Library Hub (rather than the title from the record) and no other details are picked up apart from the URL.

It would be of great benefit to UK users if Library Hub Discover could be made compatible with Cite It.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Additional automatic citation status configuration for purchase and resource charing requests

We would like to be able to configure an automatic status change for citations where a purchase request has been submitted, or a resource sharing request submitted. In these cases we would like the citation's status to change to "In Process"

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Choose which useful links teaching staff and students see

We have just spotted that it’s possible to set up useful links in Leganto, these appear in the top right menu, see screen shot attached.

We have created a user guide for teaching staff and would like to add this using this link, however we only want this to be visible to teaching staff and not to appear in student view. Similarly we would like to be able to give students specific links that appear only in student view.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make Leganto permalinks and front page available in different languages by including language parameter in the URL

At present, there is no language parameter in the URL for Leganto permalinks or the Leganto front page, which means that even if we toggle the language from our default (English) to another language, and then copy a permalink, the permalink will default to English when opened.

This is a problem for us as, in Wales, both English and Welsh are given equal status under Welsh Government language standards, and Welsh must not be treated less favourably than English. We need to provide links to Welsh language reading lists for courses taught through the medium of Welsh, which should not…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow instructors to add Library Search result to other reading lists or My Collection

User Story: As an instructor, I would like to have the option to add a citation to My Collection or other reading lists from the Search Library results in current reading list or My Collection (similar to adding an item from cite it), so that I don’t have to go in and out of My Collection/reading list to add a citation

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Automatically checking if a newer edition exists

When instructors create reading lists, they're often interested in the newest edition of a book, but may not be aware that a newer edition exist.
    If they're library doesn't have it or (when searching in a broader scope) if no one in the consortium has catalogued it yet, they won't find it.
    In any case, automatically checking if such an edition exist would be a nice feature.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Create multiple word tags in My Collection

Currently, tags created by users in My Collection cannot include spaces. We would like users to be able to create tags containing more than one word, e.g. "dissertation reading".

This has also been raised as a SalesForce case (00492596)

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add course context to notifications in Leganto

Currently (March 2018) notifications in Leganto don't really provide any course context, or grouping on the basis of course, e.g.
    "- A new item was added to a list
    New item added to the reading list [list name]
    [User] added [title details]"

which means that for users with many courses (students or instructors), and with several lists for a course, the context of what has really been added to where is quite confusing, or at least not very useful since the viewer has no real sense of what the change aplies to, rather they can only see the fact of…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Move citations in bulk from a list to My Collection rather than only one by one

Moving citations one by one through the options menu is painful. Users should be able to move all citations in a list, or selected subsets of citations in a list to My Collection. The ability to select and copy all or select some and copy is a very common usability feature for list management.

This would really make My collection the easiest way to search and find previously used materials across course lists.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Leganto

Categories