Enhanced Search facility
As an app user, I would like be able to search across a specific set of content and see more details in the results, so that I am presented with more meaningful results
1) New custom URL scheme that will allow you to launch an enhanced search screen from anywhere (menu options, AEK pages etc.)
2) In the enhanced search, the results need to be styled and provide more details (i.e. result cards)
The enhanced search could be an alternative to the existing main search that covers all the content in the app (locations, pocket guides, alerts etc.) but we originally thought it would be useful to search a detailed set of information (to limit the scope of the search), e.g. search only pocket guide 1234 etc.
Submitted by Ex Libris PM on behalf of our customers
Additional considerations for enhancing search:
(1) Ensure that all tile titles and pocketguide titles (and partial phrasing) is reflected in search. Words that are clearly visible on the screen return "No Search Results" -- this is likely a bug.
(2) Allow keyword tagging. The search is just a literal filter. If the exact word choice is not entered, people get no results. Because we are pushing search as the best way to find content in our new portal, this is resulting in anger and distrust. Examples scenarios include searching "class" vs "course" or "timesheet" vs "time sheet". We cannot make every variation visible, but hidden keyword tagging would allow us to assign common alternativates. The tags would need to be available on both tiles and pocketguide redirects.
(3) Allow option to suppress specific modules from search results -- like maps, RSS, Banners. To explain, all location data is available in search and FLOODS our results even when typing only one letter and is often prioritized above more important content. Map results would be better to be searched for once I am inside the map module.