Skip to content

RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

43 results found

1. Font sizing issue even after corrected. New citations resort all intext citations to 11, even the already correct intext ones.

When putting a new citation in every citation resorts back to font size 11 changing the entire document (thesis chapters).

Improvement: Once a citation is in a sizes correctly, keep it so. this should not be resized everytime a new citation is added.

Point: pre-updated refworks didnt have this issue, so this should have a solution.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Writing Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please modify the size of "Preferences" window on Write-n-Cite

Part of text is missing due to the small size of the preferences window on Write-N-Cite. Please correct the size.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make RefWorks Citation Manager available offline

I would like RefWorks Citation Manager in Word to be available when working offline, just as Write-n-Cite is.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Microsoft Office add-ins are web-based. These are always hosted on the provider's web server and are not cached for offline use. The system used by add-ins requires a connection to the provider's web server which verifies the user's license. Add-in manifests are not available for local download and installation.

4. Add the ability to add page numbers to APA 7 in Google Docs

The fact that this is still an issue is frustrating. RefWorks, you have been told FOR YEARS that this is an issue, and you still haven't changed it. Faculty REQUIRE students include page numbers regardless of what the style says. I really don't understand why this still hasn't been fixed. There is no manual way to add page numbers in Google Docs.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Write-N-Cite - overview of new / old versions

It would be great to have a page where not only the latest version of WnC will be downloable, but also an overview of previous versions and known issues connected with these versions.
    Because Proquest rather does not inform about found bugs, I am quite often not sure if it is absolutely necessary to download the latest version or not. We would also be able to better respond to queries from RW end-users who report non-standard RefWorks behavior.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Could Microsoft be persuaded to rename RefWorks in WNC?

At the moment in Word WnC appears as RefWorks. This is confusing to users who should be using the infinitely superior RCM. We steer students to RCM, but believe they are using WnC because it is labelled as RefWorks and is the obvious, although wrong choice

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. "Ref Grab It" compatibility with MS Edge.

Please make the "Ref Grab It" tool compatible with MS Edge. Last I saw it worked with Internet Explorer, but I don't now of anyone who uses that. Our IT dept has mandated that we use Edge. I'd love to use the RGI tool, but I am unable to do so with Edge. Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow author disambiguation citation style changes

With multiple references from same author, same year, the citation currently uses full stops when adding the author's initials. I have citation style set up to not use full stops (just initials) but RCM defaults to full stops. Can custom citations styles please be accepted by RCM?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Continue repeating citation suffix throughout text

The disambiguation system for multiple references from the same author, same year is to add a suffix (a, b, c, etc). However the suffix only appears the first time the reference is cited. This creates confusion when the references are cited multiple times in the text as it becomes impossible to know which references future citations refer to.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Bibliography order of citations with same author and year

When creating a bibliography in Word using Write 'n Cite, RefWorks automatically bases the order of citations on the author, then the title. However, when using two different citations with the same author and year, I want the order of those citations to be the same order I used them in the text.
    Now I have 'author(2021b)' first in my text, then 'author(2021a)' because it's sorted like that in the bibliography.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Update Vancouver referencing style

It's necessary that Vancouver referencing style is updated, because it is not possible to insert an electronic book or journal

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow me to print out abstracts to enable easy review of articles

Please allow me to print out my references, including the abstract so I can quickly sort out the main articles to use for citation after a large searching exercise

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We will not be building this feature at this time, as we offer many citation styles which display abstracts. We recommend generating a bibliography, which can be copied and pasted anywhere. 

13. Realize folders and search function in Quick Cite

Quick Cite is only useful if the number of references in your account is limited, as it isn't possible to select a folder or search for a reference. Now the only possibility is to scroll through the whole list of all references. It would be a great improvement if you could select a folder and search for a particular reference.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Specify when multiple shared first-authors or selectively modifying a given citation

Nowaday, there are more and more issues with sharing of first-authorship. In our field, it is recommended to cite all first-authors.

Here are two articles:
    1. Dohner K., Ramos-Nascimento A., Bialy D., Anderson F., Hickford-Martinez A., Rother F., Koithan T., Rudolph K., Buch A., Prank U., et al. Importin alpha1 is required for nuclear import of herpes simplex virus proteins and capsid assembly in fibroblasts and neurons. PLoS Pathog. 2018;14:e1006823. doi: 10.1371/journal.ppat.1006823
    2. Schilling M, Bulli L, Weigang S, Graf L, Naumann S, Patzina C, Wagner V, Bauersfeld L, Goujon C, Hengel H, Halenius A, Ruzsics Z, Schaller T, Kochs…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. El nuevo RCM no funciona correctamente en mac

Por favor, podrían mejorar la nueva mejora RefWorks Citation Manager. En mac da problemas. No funciona correctamente para los estilos bibliográficos. Si quiero cambiar de un estilo a otro, no puedo buscar un nuevo estilo.
    Gracias

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The word tool is not working properly after the latest update

The citations get stuck in the text, they can not be moved or deleted anymore. fix it please

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please refer to the updated documentation that explains how to edit citations with the latest version: Do not use the common Word functions Cut, Copy, Delete, and Paste for citations. Instead of Delete and Cut use the RCM Delete Citation action and instead of Copy, insert an additional example of the citation.
    The full documentation can be found here: https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/RefWorks/Product_Documentation/RefWorks_User_Guide/0500_RefWorks_Plugins%3A_Connecting_Your_Browser%2C_Microsoft_Word%2C_and_Google_Docs_to_RefWorks#RefWorks_Citation_Manager
    Editing Citations via the Edit pane ensures they will always be connected to RefWorks and manual changes won’t be overridden, as happened in the previous version. We do plan to allow manual edits at a later time, in a more advanced manner than was previously supported. The updated RCM has many improvements over the previous version and we will be developing it continuously.

17. Add Menu for Language Setting on WnC

We can set the language by ourselves when we login to WnC with Legacy RefWorks account, but we cannot when we login to New version's account. Please add menu to set the language even when we login to WnC with New RefWorks accounts! This request is for users who also uses non-English languages in the world, but I think it is needed.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. exported list of references

On the old RefWorks, I could enter RefIDs manually on any word processor whatsoever. There's a description of how to do so, here: http://www.refworks.com/refworks2/Working_Offline.htm#Workingoffline

We should still be able to do this. It's particularly important, since I don't want to be online in order to write. In fact, there are a lot of people who use Freedom or analogous software to cut off the internet when they have writing to do.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Cite web pages correctly in Write-n-cite using Chicago 17th

Here is what Refworks provides:
    Cree Trappers Association. "Eeyou Indoh-Hoh Weeshou-Wehwun/Traditional Eeyou Hunting Law." Eastmain: Cree Trappers Association., accessed December 10, 2018, http://creetrappers.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/02
    /CTAEEYOUHUNTING_LAW.PDF.

Here is what write-n-cite provides:
    Cree Trappers Association. 2009. Eeyou Indoh-Hoh Weeshou-Wehwun/Traditional Eeyou Hunting Law.

I am providing a word document because the comment box omits formatting such as italics.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ensure CSL styles (Vancouver...) works well in RCM (RefWorks Citation Manager)

Users cannot use these CSL syles in Refworks Citation Manager because they don’t work correctly.

I give you an example with Vancouver CSL from RCM:
    Mosquera (1)
    Gonzalez (2)

Bibliography:
    Gonzalez ML, Sturm ME, Lerena MC, Rojo MC, Chimeno SV, Combina M, et al. Persistence and reservoirs of Saccharomyces cerevisiae biodiversity in different vineyard niches. 2020;86:103328.
    Giovanny Mosquera W, Yajaira Criado L, Elena Guerra B. Antimicrobial activity of endophytic fungi from medicinal plants Mammea americana (Calophyllaceae) and Moringa oleifera (Moringaceae). 2020;40(1).

As you see in-text-citation (1) has to be bibliographic reference (2), an in-text-citation (2) has to be…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3