Skip to content

Summon

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Summon, as well as the 360 and Intota administrative services, by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2 results found

1. The ability for Summon libraries to edit the MARC records in 360KB would be very useful

The ability for Summon libraries to edit the MARC records in 360KB would be very useful.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Upload KBART Files Directly into 360 for Community Use

In order to enhance the number of databases with full title lists, I would like to be able to upload KBART files provided to us by publishers and vendors. There is a significant time lag between purchasing/licensing ebook packages from Elsevier and Springer, for example, and those books being available in 360. This has a huge impact on efficiency and patron satisfaction. We need tools to aid in maintaining efficient workflows in our current systems.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to submit this request for 360. I appreciate the use case and understand what you're trying to achieve. However, the 360 KB ecosystem is very tightly regulated and its tools are not designed to handle a crowd-sourcing approach like this.

The Content Team is doing a tremendous amount of work to speed up ingestion, and there is a good ELUNA session you can check out to learn more. Another thought is that you can create an LSH database using the KBART files you receive from providers.

I wanted to be sure you got your votes back in light of the new voting "season" that's beginning.

Regards,

Amy

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base