How can we improve Alma?

Extend time before analytics times out

Whenever I am working on an analytic report, it often takes hours. But after a few minutes, if I do not go back to Alma to do a fake search to refresh its link to analytics, analytics would time out.

Can you extend the time to at least an hour before analytics times out?

170 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Pauline SmithPauline Smith shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ruth ElderRuth Elder commented  · 

Support all of these comments here - immensely frustrating and causes severe duplication of effort at times. In my view this should be a priority issue.

• Robert FergusonRobert Ferguson commented  · 

I haven't timed it with a clock, but the time-out interval does seem to be irregular; certainly it almost always times out (if that's what's happening) before Alma itself does.

• Jeanne LittleJeanne Little commented  · 

This is extremely aggravating as it takes time to construct an analysis and if you are interrupted and have to attend to something else, you lose anything you did after the last time you saved the report. Because you have to go through Alma to access Analytics, Alma should recognize you are active and not time out. I feel this is a very important issue that needs to be fixed. I asked at ELUNA 2016 and 2017 and received no commitment to looking into it or solving the problem either. Please remove the timeout function completely!

• Mike RogersMike Rogers commented  · 

This has been a very frustrating issue. Even stepping away from my desk for 10-15 minutes causes Analytics to time out. Would really love to see this fixed.

• Simon HuntSimon Hunt commented  · 

Analytics seems to time out regardless of how often you refresh Alma, and much sooner than Alma times out. Is this a connectivity issue? Can we at least have a countdown clock to work with?

Feedback and Knowledge Base