Skip to content

Pivot-RP

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Pivot-RP by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

11 results found

1. Make Single Sign-On (SSO) Login More Prominent on Login Page

I have to do a lot of outreach on campus to remind faculty to set up their account using the Single Sign-On (SSO) option, due to the fact that the login page makes it appear that you should "Sign-In Using Your Pivot Account". If the login page listed SSO as the first and most prominent option, ahead of "Sign-In Using Your Pivot Account," then I feel we could avoid much of this confusion and I wouldn't have as many faculty setting up an unnecessary second account. And users who don't find their institution from the drop-down menu could move on…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Percentage on Relevance

When a user sort by relevance, it is very helpful to show the percentage of the relevance.
    NSF funding opportunity provides the percentage of relevance.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please add a log in prompt via Newsletter links

Newsletter links take researchers directly to scheme pages but without a prompt to login, they do not see deadlines and notes added by the institution and will be unaware these are available. Until a prompt is added, we will need to add a highlighted notice to the free-text section of our Newsletter instructing users to login to view all details. However, this notice will undoubtedly be overlooked by many users, leading to time-consuming back and forth between researchers and grants officers which the added information is meant to avoid.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. notification when the opportunity has been viewed before

Either a tag/notification next to the program title or a filter on the left-hand side so I can choose to “view all” or only “view unread” and filter out opportunities that have been read before.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Publications full text linking

Full text linking in Publications (in one's profile) currently only works if there's an abstract.

And, one then has to click on a magnifying glass, scroll to the bottom of the abstract, and then click on a link to full text.

Could we make this an easier process, with fewer clicks, such that full text linking is directly under the title information itself, and does not rely on an abstract? Thanks for considering!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Flag when an opp appears in a saved/curated search/list

I often want to know if the particular opp I am viewing already appears in a saved search, curated search, or curated list. The current way to do this is to move the opp to a new tab (to keep track of the exact title, ID number, etc.) and then slog through individual searches/lists to see if the opp appears in each.

To make this situation more user friendly, on each opp page, please add an "Appears In" list of saved/curated searches/lists. (This would probably fit best below the "Send feedback" link in the right-side menu.) It would be most…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add extra information to opps in Tracked Opp List

When opportunities appear in the Tracked Opp list , it is only the opportunity name that shows, which can be difficult when multiple opportunities have similar names, e.g. "Research Fellowship".

It would be beneficial to see additional opp detail in this list, especially funder information, in order to differentiate between similarly named opps, and to be consistent with other parts of Pivot-RP

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. List of collaborators on expert profile pages

When looking for experts in a given field, if they don't have the very specific expertise, or there is a need to identify others in the same field, having a list of co-authors and collaborators listed on the expert profile page would be helpful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Share paper opportunities

We would like to be able to have the same share option for the paper opportunities as we do with the funding opportunities.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Invited only submissions (or 2nd stage) needs to be more prominent

Quite a few calls (e.g. UKRI funding finder) are being flagged as new calls, but they are in fact the second stage and only for those who have been invited to submit.
    It would be great if there was a functionality on Pivot that made this very clear (e.g. a separate box stating 'invite only'). At the moment it would be buried amongst the overview text, or not at all, and this info is only available when you go to the specific call site.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. add notes to tracked opportunities

I would like to add notes about a tracked opportunity on the tracking page. It'd be nice to add things like "check if my PI is already a member of this society" or "requires preliminary data" so I can manage my application materials a little bit better.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?