Skip to content

Pivot-RP

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Pivot-RP by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

20 results found

1. Allow admin users to edit organizational profile hierarchy

Many organizations, especially universities, have a constantly changing organization structure. It would be nice if organizational admin users could have the ability to update the hierarchy structure including, adding new departments, removing department that no longer exist and reorganize existing departments.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately this feature request has been deemed to have too much technical complexity and so we will not be able to prioritize it at this time. While perhaps not ideal, our Support team is happy to make any changes needed to your hierarchy that you request. The turnaround time for such requests is typically within one week or sooner, and, there is no limit to the number of changes our team is willing to make on your behalf. Support requests can be made 24×7.

2. Allow the ability to select all found results (not just what appears on current page) for sharing and other functions.

Allow all users the ability to select more than the displayed page for sharing and other functions

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing this as partially supported. We recently expanded the number of results that can be display per page from 25 to up to 200. So the new maximum for selecting at once for sharing, tracking, exporting, etc. is 200.

3. Internal awards: reoccurence of opportunity box

When adding/editing internal awards currently, the only choices for Reoccurence of Opportunity under the Deadlines heading is "One-off or award terminated", and "Continuous, no deadline". These two options do not include the vast majority of our 75+ internal awards (we do not have a single"one-off or award terminated"). The most obvious type should be "Annual". Another category could be "Multiple" or "One Per Term" or "Quarterly", etc. to capture those with more than one deadline in a year.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This functionality is supported or partially supported at this time so this idea will be closed.  The "One-off" or "annual" or "multiple" is not terminology that would show up on the opportunity itself.  So there is a workaround to accommodate opportunities with multiple deadlines.  If you choose "One-off or award terminated" then you can add multiple deadlines to the same opportunity.  Just hit deadline (+) for each deadline you would like to add.  So for a "quarterly" opp you can add 4 distinct deadlines with 4 different deadline notes.  Once one of the deadlines passes that deadline should no longer display on the opp and only the forward/viable deadlines will remain. We may add more in-line help for this item in the UI if that would help explain how to add multiple deadlines. Please reach out to Product Management or Support if you have further ideas on this topic.  

4. Make Explode Function default to Unchecked

Users at our institution are selecting specific narrow and broad keywords - not whole hierarchies of keywords. It would be nice if the explode box function did not automatically default to being checked as soon as a keyword is selected. It would also be helpful if there were some kind of description warning users what that Explode function does.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Based on user feedback suggesting that the explode feature is helpful to users we will not be modifying this. However, it is clear that more on-screen guidance and information is needed to alert users to what the explode feature means so that they would know to uncheck it if desired. We are exploring options for how to represent this.

5. infoready

Expand the existing Pivot-to-InfoReady integration to include InfoReady-to-Pivot.

We use InfoReady for intramural opportunities such as "Dean's Awards". It would be helpful to have Pivot searchers discover these as "internal opportunities".

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

thanks for this idea. While I can see value in automating some of this, I don’t believe it will be feasible without significant development across both platforms. This would require work from InfoReady. At present you could manually add these as Internal Funding opportunities to Pivot. This requires Pivot Admin privileges with access to add internal opps. If you do not have this level of admin privileges let us know. Internal opps can be added to Pivot in just a minute or less so if the volume of these awards is not high this seems like a reasonable workaround. If I am not understanding your request, feel free to reach out directly.

6. Include Proposers' Days and opportunity-related webinars on the opportunity pages.

The DOD and NSF frequently have Proposers' Days and other webinars/info sessions about specific funding opportunities. Including these dates with the other opportunity information would be very helpful so faculty don't have to hunt for them.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this idea.  After review with our editorial team, we do not have enough consistent information or ability to track these in order to add this info to opportunities.  As such, I am closing this as not completed.

We suggest using the newly enhanced Announcements feature for you to add proposers days information in the form of announcements to Pivot-RP.  These can be scheduled to pop-up and remind users of these special events and can be expired automatically after the event days.  Please contact support or product management if you need help with the announcement feature.

7. New Tool to limit the access to Cos Pivot in Our Institution - Nueva opción para limitar el acceso a Cos Pivot

In our University we have the Cos Pivot platform, exclusive for the use of plant and administrative teachers in research, focus in the search of International Calls for which we pay an annual subscription, however, in the last months we noticed that anyone who has the domain of the emails of our institution can access the platform. We would like to have an option in which the administrator could select who may or not use the Cos Pivot platform.

En nuestra Universidad contamos con la plataforma Cos Pivot, exclusiva únicamente para el uso de los docentes de planta y administrativos…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Editing Funding Contact Person to Be or Include Campus Contact Person

We want to be able to add our own Foundation/Corporate Engagement representatives to the “Funding Contact Person” part of a opportunity page--or even replace it with our own contact if possible. With most of our foundation/corporate opportunities, we don’t want the user to contact the foundation’s own representative directly. Instead, we want them to contact our own relationship manager for that foundation first. Adding this as a note to the bottom of the page is ineffective; users don't see it. We want to add to or replace the contact information already listed at the top right of the page.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this idea.  After review with our editorial team we can't find a way to do this on a per institution basis and the contact link is a core part of our opportunity detail page.  As such, this is being closed but not completed.

At this time, the Notes section is the only way to customize the individual opportunities.  We will brainstorm ways to potential make notes more visible.  You may also want to leverage the announcements feature or the custom panel on the right side of the homepage to post an announcement about whom to contact for these types of opps.

9. Allow me to print the full page from my default print setting. As it is, it cuts off a portion of the right side of the page.

Allow me to print the full page from my default print setting. As it is, it cuts off a portion of the right side of the page.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. new interface for faculty

Opportunity identification is one thing. Engagement is another altogether. Anytime admins are mediating the use of data, by definition, engagement is reduced. Some features are great, like "groups". However, these are managed by admins. Pivot needs to be released to grow in the wild as a social media platform. For instance, a LinkedIn style platform for community development - with the same ways of growing ones network, seeing feeds (including funding program information, like a "jobs" feed),etc for ideation, project development and opportunity identification could be very robust. Furthermore, the more serious funding opportunities require teams and the best team…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All –
    I hesitated to mark this as completed or declined. We just completed our new User Interface for Pivot-RP and this suggestion takes us into the realm of building a different type of platform. I do like these ideas and think that a next frontier for us will be to expand the Groups feature to offer more of a social/collaboration component. This is not anything we will be able to focus on in 2021. I would welcome direct emails or specific items added to the idea exchange that would help improve and expand groups.

11. Remove limitations on number of records that can be downloaded per day

After laboriously selecting a large number of records one page at a time, I got an error message that I could not download more than 600 records in a day. Pivot Support responded: ". As noted you can't export more than 600 records per day. The limit is there because this system is designed for funding management not harvesting."
    My system is to download all opportunities from a search result into an Excel spreadsheet because it is much easier to sort through them. Also, I can append the results from a future repeated search, sort by opportunity number, match the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Why did you replace keywords with incomprehensible code numbers?

I created a search query today and now, at the top of the results page, it says: Your Search: ((keyword:(0201058 OR 0740035 OR 0201107 OR 0201109) OR keywordparent:(0201058 OR 0740035 OR 0201107 OR 0201109)) AND applicanttype:(academic OR indivearlycareer OR indivmidcareer) AND award_type:(research))
    filtered by: ( currency:(USD)). I used to see the actual search term keywords in place of the numerical "codes" I'm seeing now. Is this a permanent change? Those are not helpful at all. Thank you.

Edit: I asked user support about this and they said it was an intentional change and not…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Advisor Alert - allow admins to deactivate

We have created very specific funding opps newsletter for faculty. It is clunky for the recipient to receive the custom newsletter AND the Advisor Alert. I suggest that admins have the right to adjust this preference on behalf of the faculty member.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Include Proposers Days in Pivot

One can find Proposers Days for DARPA and other agencies through fbo.gov, by searching for "Special Notices"; including these Proposers Days within Pivot would be a useful resource.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this idea.  After review with our editorial team, we do not  have enough consistent information or ability to track these in order to  add this info to opportunities.  As such, I am closing this as not completed.  

We suggest using the newly enhanced Announcements feature for you to add proposers days information in the form of announcements to Pivot-RP. 

These can be scheduled to pop-up and remind users of these special events and can be expired automatically after the event days.  Please contact support or product management if you need help with the announcement feature.

15. Allow Name Editability

Users should be able to edit the name that the database calls them. I edited my profile in Pivot to reflect the name that I go by, but on the dashboard the system still uses my legal name in the upper right corner, and says "Welcome, [legal name]" in the middle left. People should be able to change this themselves, so that the system is calling them by their preferred name.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Usage and Activity report by Person

It would be useful from an Admin perspective to be able to see a breakdown in the Usage and Activity Sessions report, or Funding Searches report, by users. This would assist us with managing our accounts to those that are actually using the program.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. DoD SERDP solicitation

Here is a DoD funding opportunity that I could not find in Pivot:
    https://www.serdp-estcp.org/Funding-Opportunities/SERDP-Solicitations

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. POR FESR funding opp are not searchable through PIVOT. This is a big lack

To make searchable the calls related to the POR FESR EU

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Send alerts as separate emails, not one aggregated email

Please send the email alerts as separate emails, not one aggregated email. I've signed up for some alerts on topics of interest to our faculty (per their research interests on our web site) and would like to be able to forward them their relevant emails (if the opportunities look promising) instead of having to copy and paste info out of one uber-email.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

After consideration we are unable to offer an option for separate emails as the vast majority of users prefer a single email. As a workaround, I would suggest not copying and pasting from an email. Instead you could go into the Save Search folder for each of the topics you are interested in and then use the various share/export options from there.

20. Enable user to change opportunity title

Currently it is not possible to change a funding opportunity title that you would like to track. CentraCare Health broadly funds grants pertaining to health in Minnesota, but the opportunity title is "Grant Program." In these cases, adding the funder name to the title (ex., CentraCare Health Grants Program) would be helpful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for raising this. Rather than allow customers to change the title of opportunities we are addressing this via a new editorial policy that will allow our editors to add a descriptor that includes the funder name to such generic titles such as you suggested even if that is not the ‘official’ title of the grant. The editors will be making this change as they update and add new opportunities so it may take awhile to see this consistently.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base