Pivot

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Pivot by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include parser override values in it's own column in extended export report

It's not possible to view which portfolios in a collection have parser override values. Currently, the value is included in the parser parameters value in extended export reports.

It would be helpful with managing portfolios to have a way to see when a portfolio has a parser override value. That way, we could check on those portfolios and make sure the CZ parser value has been corrected.

Please, include parser override values in it's own column in extended export report or have another way of highlighting when an override value exists.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Incorporate machine learning into Advisor Alert algorithm

It would be wonderful to build a feedback mechanism for the Advisor Alerts system and incorporate machine learning based on that input. For instance, a scholar could get an Advisor Alert email, mark or dismiss opportunities as they see fit and have that data utilized by the system to create better results for the individual researcher.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Limited Subm. subcategories (in Adv Search) or tags specifying Institutional Limit or PI Limit

Please add Limited Submission subcategories (in Advanced Search) or additional tags specifying "Institutional Limit" or "PI Limit". Many research institutions specifically need to separate opportunities based on this distinction and the current method is very labor-intensive. For clarity, institutional limit refers to language like "no more than # proposals per institution" and PI limit refers to language like "PI may submit no more than #".

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Include "Sponsor Type" information in what can be exported in funding results.

Include "Sponsor Type" information in what can be exported in funding results. We can search by sponsor type but not see what types of sponsors are showing up in the results.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sponsors/Funding  ·  Admin →
  5. Create a search widget for Profiles to add to websites

Like funding opportunities has a widget, have a widget available for faculty to search for collaborators that admins can embed into websites.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Need NIH NOSIs included in Pivot

Please find a way to include NIH Notices of Special Interest (NOSIs). These are becoming more and more critical because NIH is phasing out Program Announcements and replacing them with NOSIs. Major funding announcements are not being picked up by Pivot. For example, this urgent NOSI related to the coronavirus: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-AI-20-030.html. Researchers will get very annoyed if these are not included in Pivot and will have to go directly to NIH to set up separate email alerts. It makes it more difficult for me to market Pivot to encourage them to use it if it’s not picking up these…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Usage and Activity report by Person

It would be useful from an Admin perspective to be able to see a breakdown in the Usage and Activity Sessions report, or Funding Searches report, by users. This would assist us with managing our accounts to those that are actually using the program.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow a global message for Limited Submissions

Allow for a message with a specific note on how Limited Submissions are handled. This would be applied only to opportunities which are tagged as Limited. Currently we manually edit each opportunity which we track internally for our Limited Submissions.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. tracked opportunity deadline reminder

For tracked and set to active alerts, I would like to be able to set the deadline reminder to 4 months before the deadline. Currently you can only set the deadline reminder up to 3 months before the deadline. Limited competitions that require the institution to hold an internal selection process require more than 3 months to conduct the internal selection process and then submit a well thought through complete proposal,

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Bi-weekly (twice monthly) newsletter option

Currently there is only a weekly or monthly option for a newsletter. Weekly may bee too frequent for some faculty while monthly could cause an opportunity to slip through the cracks.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Multiple Editing/Management Rights for Internal Grants

Right now, only the person who added an internal grant can delete or edit that opportunity. Anyone else with full administrative rights in Pivot cannot manage the internal grant opportunities added by others. This creates a problem when that person leaves the job that bore the responsibility of adding those internal grants, thus requiring that all those opportunities must be deleted and added to another administrative account. It would be a great help to allow anyone with full administrative rights the ability to manage all internal grants.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Additional Sorting Criteria for Awards

Would it be possible to add additional sorting criteria (or filters) to search results for awards? Relevance and Institution are currently available as sorting criteria. I would love to see other ones like date, dollar amount, or PI. Even though search results are not necessarily complete (that's just the nature of the beast), I can see there being lots of uses for searching awards that use the proposed criteria, for example to see what funding a particular researcher has secured over time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. OPT-IN Groups: User/Admin notification

I have created a number of public opt-in groups. As the Admin, I would like to have an automatic notice when a User signs up for the group. I would also like the User to receive an automated email explaining what to expect and where to view the listings. Is that possible?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Search criteria should specify the LOI date. If LOI date has past, the proposal dates don't matter!

If we are able to specify a date range that is specific to the LOI, then we can generate RFAs that the PI is eligible to apply for in that date range. As it is now, when we specify a date range, the results indicate proposal dates that fall w/in that range which are irrelevant if you missed the LOI date.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Curated Search: edit after published

Once a curated search has been published, Pivot does not allow it to be edited (title or search criteria). It can be unpublished and deleted, but that will affect the html link that appears on our website, or the bookmarks of users. I would like to make changes without disturbing the web-link for these searches.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. daily alerts

I would love to be able to choose to receive my funding alerts on a daily basis rather than a weekly basis. Sometimes the turnaround time for deadlines is so short that a week away is valuable time lost. Thanks! Hilda

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  17. List of collaborators on expert profile pages

When looking for experts in a given field, if they don't have the very specific expertise, or there is a need to identify others in the same field, having a list of co-authors and collaborators listed on the expert profile page would be helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →
  18. Export publications

Functionality to export all publications from a faculty profile.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Keywords should be linked in a way to search across profiles and promote connecting users.

Within the profile detail, any keyword should be a link to the search results for that very keyword. Even better, it could be a link to a listing of users who have also included that same keyword.

I understand that you can do this manually with the advanced search, but why not automate it and help make connections easier.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Role vs Title in Profiles

Add an optional text field for Title in addition to the required Role field. Currently in Gallery, I designate which profiles to include by Role. Many faculty have Titles they use in the Role field. Example, Dr. Smith could be a Professor (Role) and Associate Vice Chancellor for Research (Title). I want both to appear in their profile to help ensure I am capturing all faculty by role.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base