Pivot

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Pivot by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Exporting Funding Opportunities

Currently there is no method to export funding opportunities into a nicely formatted PDF or Word document. It would be very helpful to be able to export funding opps into these formats in order to share with a group of faculty in a meeting. An actual document to pass around the table for discussion and planning would be great.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Allow the ability to select all found results (not just what appears on current page) for sharing and other functions.

Allow all users the ability to select more than the displayed page for sharing and other functions

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Dismiss an opportunity

It would be great to be able to dismiss an opportunity and have it hidden from view for the future. For example, if I search for limited opportunities for my campus, I get many hits and most are irrelevant. If I search again a week later, I get them all again. I would like to be able to check a box on an opportunity that will hide it from me or delete it from my future searches.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Expand the number of opportunities shown in email alerts

Please expand email funding alerts to include all the new opportunities found rather than just a few and making us click on a bigger results page to see the rest? I often get through email on my phone when I don't have internet access but cannot complete processing these alerts until I am at a computer, even if I am not interested in any of the titles.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Filter opps by anticipated or confirmed

In funding searches, allow us to include or exclude opportunities based on Pivot's "confirmed" or "anticipated" deadline categorization.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add a search parameter for "Last edited" date or "New" listings

Each listing in Pivot has a "Last edited" date but there isn't any way to search on this date. Alert results give a breakout for "Recently added in the last 7 days" but that is the only option. Searching by posted date would be useful to know what is new overall not just for a specific search.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add the capability to save searches from paper invited

Add the option to save papers invited search results in similarity to pivot funding search save.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Split Citizenship/Residency into two separate Criteria

For the sake of our many international faculty and students, Citizenship and Residency should be two separate criteria so that Non-Us Citizens do not have to weed through those opps that are tagged as US even though they allow nonUS citizens to apply.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Search just in title and abstract

It would be excellent to specify just those two fields in some searches instead of only being able to use one or else all fields at the same time. A perfect example is searching funding for minority serving institutions. Some opps only put it in the title, some only in the abstract, some both. But if I choose "all" in the search, then the generic eligibility in fed opps that mentions MSIs but doesn't specifically target them will flood the results with mismatches.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Funding opp matches to profiles at institution

When viewing a specific opp, and you select the option at the right side where it matches to "# from inside your institution," allow us the "Refine Search" option on the results page, the same way we do on a profile or funding search.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make Explode Function default to Unchecked

Users at our institution are selecting specific narrow and broad keywords - not whole hierarchies of keywords. It would be nice if the explode box function did not automatically default to being checked as soon as a keyword is selected. It would also be helpful if there were some kind of description warning users what that Explode function does.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Include internal deadlines in Calendar view

The Calendar feature is great. Would be better if it included the internal deadlines we add as well as the agencies' deadlines.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Auto hyperlinks to URL for More Information within Excel Sheets

I've recently been exporting selections from my curated lists to Excel sheets. However, the "URL for More Information" field does not immediately work for me or for other administrators who have "tested" it. We have to juggle between clicking on the opportunity Sponsor column and the More Information column to finally get it to somehow hypelink. It's frustrating and time consuming to say the least. Can this be scheduled as an enhancement for users?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow me to print the full page from my default print setting. As it is, it cuts off a portion of the right side of the page.

Allow me to print the full page from my default print setting. As it is, it cuts off a portion of the right side of the page.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Remove limitations on number of records that can be downloaded per day

After laboriously selecting a large number of records one page at a time, I got an error message that I could not download more than 600 records in a day. Pivot Support responded: ". As noted you can't export more than 600 records per day. The limit is there because this system is designed for funding management not harvesting."
    My system is to download all opportunities from a search result into an Excel spreadsheet because it is much easier to sort through them. Also, I can append the results from a future repeated search, sort by opportunity number, match the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Send alerts as separate emails, not one aggregated email

Please send the email alerts as separate emails, not one aggregated email. I've signed up for some alerts on topics of interest to our faculty (per their research interests on our web site) and would like to be able to forward them their relevant emails (if the opportunities look promising) instead of having to copy and paste info out of one uber-email.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add a filter for deadline status - anticipated or confirmed

I like to cast my net wide when searching then use the sort and filter features to hone in on certain areas of interest or emphasis. One filter that does not currently exist is to be able to filter on the deadline status. I have often thought it would be nice to be able to quickly pull out the opps that have confirmed deadlines and in one of my training sessions last week, I heard the same request from one of our users. So I hope this idea might gain some traction. Please vote for it if you think it…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Collaboration Connection

PIVOT users can "Opt In" to be identified (in their profile) as a potential collaborator to be contacted for specific solicitations or as part of a broader research topic.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enable user to change opportunity title

Currently it is not possible to change a funding opportunity title that you would like to track. CentraCare Health broadly funds grants pertaining to health in Minnesota, but the opportunity title is "Grant Program." In these cases, adding the funder name to the title (ex., CentraCare Health Grants Program) would be helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base