RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. traductor de texto

incrementar en herramientas o en una pestaña nueva un traductor de textos y documentos

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Have cursor appear when the "Insert/Edit Citation" window opens, without having to click the "Search References" bar

I would like to suggest that when the "Insert/Edit Citation" window opens, it would be nice if the cursor appeared already in the "Search References" bar, rather than having to click on it. This would make the process much smoother.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →
  3. Make a feature to add a link of a highlighted potion of one document to a highlighted portion of a different document in your library

Make a feature to add a link of a highlighted potion of one document to a highlighted portion of a different document in your library

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Create bibliography from folder (including subfolders)

If the option currently exists, I've been unable to find it. I have references for a project separated into folders (instead of tagging) under a root folder and would like to create a bibliography including all references within the folder and subfolders at once so they are in the correct order.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Administrative reports to support migration from legacy RefWorks to New RefWorks

Robust reporting is required to performance monitor the migration process from legacy RefWorks to New RefWorks. As both legacy and new RW accounts can co-exist hence why currently it is impossible to determine whether RW account holders have migrated any References from legacy platform to new platform. A migration report should be setup which should determine if any references from the legacy platform to the new platform have been migrated against each account (any new or legacy RW account). Through this, we would be able to analyse which user has migrated the references. Currently, 'Active / inactive' report from the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Accents

we can not use the accents in Spanish on last names

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. En el estilo de cita APA 6th edición

Apa 6th edition. Problem with capitals

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hide/Remove a System Folder

Unidentified folders which are not created/shared in an account are displayed on WNC.
    Uncreated/Unshared folders in an account are displayed on WNC. We've heard that they are system folders to sync WNC documents with RefWorks and we cannot hide or remove them at the present specification. Could you please meke it possible?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow Articles uploaded in Dropbox to automatically download in Refworks

Before finding out about Refworks, I had all of my articles saved in Dropbox under Dissertation Articles. I transferred them all to the new RefWorks folder in my Dropbox but I don't see them uploading into my Refworks project. I have a Chromebook so I can't click and drag the articles in there. There were over 100 articles in there. It will take me a while to transfer them myself.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Import full date when importing newspaper articles from proquest historical newspapers database

When importing citations from Proquest historical newspaper database, only the year is imported. This isn't satisfactory for creating notes/bibliographies including newspapers, which typically require mm/dd/yyyy information.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Improve and fix RefWorks Projects

Make 'Untitled Project' clearer. Also please fix a bug where after creating a new Project, a message appears each time a reference is imported asking which project is should be saved to, even after the project is deleted.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  12. Enable generation and addition of an Open URL link to a custom citation style

We would like to be able to generate and add an open URL link to a custom citation style. In Legacy RefWorks, you are able to build a custom style with an Open URL but this is not possible in the new RefWorks because fields can not be defined in two different ways within the same style. We would like to use these URLs with our link resolver information when we are sending result sets to our patrons.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. folder lock

Have an option to lock certain folders which prohibits articles being deleted from them. Would help from accidentally losing files.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Añadir una campo personalizado. Add a custom field

Quisiera que el campo personalizado se vea igual que todos los demás campos, en todas las referencias: que esté a la vista cuando editas, sin tener que ir referencia por referencia, clicar “añadir más campos", buscarlo y rellenarlo. ¿Es posible hacer eso?
    Add a custom field. I want the custom field to look the same as all the other fields, in all the references: to be visible when you edit, without having to go reference by reference, click "add more fields", search and fill it in. Is it possible to do that?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Easily Recognizable APA 7 Standard Format

When selecting APA 6 for the RefWorks bibliography, you see a standard option and other variations.
    • APA 6th - American Psychological Association, 6th Edition
    • APA 6th - Annotated with Abstracts - American Psychological Association, 6th Edition
    • APA 6th - Annotated with Abstracts - No Title Casing Applied - American Psychological Association, 6th Edition
    • APA 6th - No Title Casing Applied - American Psychological Association, 6th Edition
    • APA 6th - No Title Casing Applied, New DOI - American Psychological Association, 6th Edition

When selecting APA 7, no standard/basic option is indicated.
    According to section 9.34 of…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Modify the RIS file import from Scopus to recognize origin

When the automatic importing from Scopus was working, there was an icon indicating it was from Scopus. This does not happen with the importing from Scopus as an RIS. Can that Icon be added?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Merging Folders

Would it be possible to be able to merge folders when creating a bibliography from more than 1 folder

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Search Databases

Allow admins to add any databases to the Search Databases feature. For example, EBSCO databases, Gale Databases, Primo, WorldCat, Google Scholar, etc. It is currently limited to Z39.50, which is an old protocol.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Repair display error in spacing between surname and initials

When importing a reference it displays correctly in the centre pane. However, when using that reference 'in text' it does not utilise the 'et al' option for numerous authors. One has open Refworks, edit the entry, add a space between the surname and initial/first name for each name and then save the entry before returning to the document to continue.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Being able to export folder information with a reference.

I would like to be able to see in which folder(s) a certain citation is once i have exported it for example to a .csv file.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base