RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

How can we improve RefWorks?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Search output styles with other criteria than name of the style

For example by subject areas, citation systems (for example footnotes, intext citations) or language

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Enable analytics to refine display of usage stats by IP range or email domain

We would like to be able to access usage stats for partner institutions to whom we offer access to RefWorks via our account. This access has been set up using IP address ranges and email domains.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Technical standards currently uses the default reference type. We would prefer it to use Cite Them Right's Harvard specification

Cite Them Right defines it as:

Name of authorising organisation (Year of publication) Number and title of standard. Place of publication: publisher OR Available at: URL (Accessed: date).

(see attached screenshot for italics)

This could also be applied to Summon's Harvard output style which is also deficient. For example, on Summon the Harvard output style cites:
    ASTM International 2017, Standard Practice for Sampling Freshly Mixed Concrete. This omits the parentheses around the year, and there is no metadata for: Place of publication: publisher. Similarly, for a BS EN ISO standard, the output is also wonky -- it should display British…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Rotation feature

There doesn't appear to be a feature that allows users to rotate documents if they need to be viewed in landscape.

Additionally, the highlight feature is not always usable. It would be helpful if the highlight feature worked similar to how it does in Adobe Acrobat--if the document is scanned, the highlight feature works like a marker (you "draw" the highlighting on). If the doc is simply a converted file or from the internet, the highlight feature
    highlights word by word.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow page display customization

I find that the "bubbly" nature of the new version makes it easy to start using, but now that I want to use it as a research tool, I would like to minimize the size of all the text, buttons, and icons so that more information can be displayed at one time. I would prefer the option to sort references and move through the platform efficiently. Make all my folders display in the same box (not separated by shared or not). In general, if it looked more like a computer files system rather than a phone app, it would allow…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Fix your annoying Save to RefWorks

Can I please know why this useless 'lloking for translators' nonsense stays up for an eternity.
    Literally hopeless

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Complemento de word

En ocasiones cuando se trabaja con el complemento de word no funciona se deshabilita , como se puede mejorar esto que es muy desgastante.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Problems with entering date

When full dates are entered in long date format (i.e. February 3, 2018), a comma is being added after the day number in the APA Citation view (i.e. 2018, Feb 3,). However, it should be displayed without the final comma (i.e. 2018, Feb 3). Entering the date without a comma (i.e. February 3 2018) into the 'Publish Date' field seems to correct the issue, but does not match the format of date as suggested by the in-field tip (i.e. "Mar 12, 2015" or "2015").

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. designing my space

It woulb be great if I could design what colour the background have, I like orange and purple better than blue.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Have the update notifications give details on compatibility

I keep getting popups asking me to update on both computers but haven't done so because the last update was actually not compatible with my system. It takes quite a bit of searching to find this info and I can't find whether the new version has fixed the problem.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add RSS feeds to folders

Provide a simple RSS feed of a folder for sharing of references without the attachments.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. RefWorks Citation Manager - change default to last folder used instead of "all references"

The RefWorks Citation Manager add-in always defaults to the “All references” folder after choosing an action. For example, if I go to a different folder and choose to “Edit & Cite” for one of the citations, it then toggles back to the All references folder instead of staying in the folder I had been using. This requires me to keep re-selecting the folder where I had accumulated sources for a project.

For workflow, it would be useful to have RefWorks Citation Manager default to folder last used instead of to All References.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Se demora en subir los archivos adjuntos de la referencia

Existen archivos que se quedan sin poder subir para luego visualizarlos

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Manual Reference - Resource list is not in alphabetical order.

I would like to view the resource list in alphabetical order

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Manual Referencing - Editing/Deleting Fields

It would be useful if fields could be deleted as well as added when editing or compiling a manual reference e.g. Bills – we do not need the Sponsors field as it will add Anon which is not required.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add Shibboleth Login to RCM Add-in

Add Shibboleth / Institutional sign-on / Federated Access to RCM Add-in for Word 2016.

At present Shibboleth / Institutional login is provided via the web interface, but not via the RCM Add-in. The only way to login is with the alternate password option set in RefWorks web user settings.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Log in to refworks.proquest.com in Write-N-Cite using authorization code

The Write-N-Cite Word plugin contains "Use authorization code" as login method. It is only possible to generate this code in the old refworks.com, not the new refworks.proquest.com.

It should be possible to:
    a) either generate the authorization code in refworks.proquest.com
    b) or log in to Write-N-Cite using the password generated in refworks.proquest.com for the new add-in (RefWorks Citation Manager for Word 2016).

The rationale for this is to support a way to pair the Write-N-Cite plugin with the refworks.proquest.com account using a way other than username/password (need to remember separate password) and other than Shibboleth (displaying a web view in…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base