RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Link to pubmed

The old RefWorks version had an option to open the reference in pubmed, that option is not there with the updated ProQuest version? I need to use the update view since google docs and word docs do not link to the old version. I would like a link so I can directly open a reference in pubmed again, please.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Write-n-cite integration for chromebook

Have better integration of refworks with chromebook especially with MS Word /Google Docs standalone apps.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. European Newsstream My Research - link to New RefWorks

My Research only works with Legacy RefWorks not New RefWorks. Please can this be changed as it seems daft not to work with the new product?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Display fulltext link on all pages, not just the edit page

Display fulltext link on all pages, not just the edit page. Thank you :)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fix discrepancy in handling of 'retrieved' date

In Edit record mode, 'Date retrieved' is a single uncontrolled text string. In Output Style editor, this data is split across two elements 'Retrieved (month/day)' and 'Retrieved (year)'. This means you risk ending up either with incomplete retrieved dates or with a repeat of the retrieval year in the citation output, depending on how the data is stored. Can these different data components by standardized, so that retrieval data is handled consistently?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Writing Tools  ·  Admin →
  7. Write-n-Cite

Dear RefWords gentlemen, I thank you for collaborating informing me how to speak the Write-n-Cite in the Microsoft word offcie 365 proplus.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Writing Tools  ·  Admin →
  8. "Create Account" option shows up too soon, produces error, turns students away

On the Legacy Platform, students are experiencing an error when they attempt to create new account. The "Create Account" option shows up as soon as the consent button is checked, so students check on "Create Account" instead of "next" and experience an error, then turn away. Please do not put the "Create Account" option up until it's actually an option... until after student has entered their name, field of study, etc. This is extremely poor design.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide detailed instructions for importing from MathSciNet

Please provide detailed instructions for importing from MathSciNet, so that the user doesn't have to take lots of time to reconstruct them. They were provided in legacy RW.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Is there a way to configure the default view when opening Refworks to have the option to choose the menu from the sidebar?

Is there a way to configure the default view when opening Refworks to have the option to choose the menu from the sidebar?
    Hence, when a user logs into their account - have the center display empty and have the use choose from the left column default options.
    When our users log in - sometimes they get confused as to what they are looking at in the center area that currenlty defaults to 'all documents'
    Would like to have the center blank and have use choose what they want to see..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →
  11. Citation Style Editor: customize fields more

In an output-style the field Publish year (date) is listed twice in one reference type. Behind the Short title and behind Place of Publication. The first time it is mentioned, it should end with a parenthesis. The second time not. But it is not possible to define different settings. I think it should be possible to differ. My suggestion is: It should be possible to choose a field, make a copy and give it a new name, for example "Publication date with parenthesis". Then I can edit the field independent from the other field "Publication date".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Option to add to the field "short title" to the bibliography, citations and footnotes

In the citation style editor I am not able to add the field "short title" to my bibliography, citations or footnotes. Only the reference type Generic contains the field short title.
    But for some citation styles it is required.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Search output styles with other criteria than name of the style

For example by subject areas, citation systems (for example footnotes, intext citations) or language

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Enable analytics to refine display of usage stats by IP range or email domain

We would like to be able to access usage stats for partner institutions to whom we offer access to RefWorks via our account. This access has been set up using IP address ranges and email domains.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Technical standards currently uses the default reference type. We would prefer it to use Cite Them Right's Harvard specification

Cite Them Right defines it as:

Name of authorising organisation (Year of publication) Number and title of standard. Place of publication: publisher OR Available at: URL (Accessed: date).

(see attached screenshot for italics)

This could also be applied to Summon's Harvard output style which is also deficient. For example, on Summon the Harvard output style cites:
    ASTM International 2017, Standard Practice for Sampling Freshly Mixed Concrete. This omits the parentheses around the year, and there is no metadata for: Place of publication: publisher. Similarly, for a BS EN ISO standard, the output is also wonky -- it should display British…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Rotation feature

There doesn't appear to be a feature that allows users to rotate documents if they need to be viewed in landscape.

Additionally, the highlight feature is not always usable. It would be helpful if the highlight feature worked similar to how it does in Adobe Acrobat--if the document is scanned, the highlight feature works like a marker (you "draw" the highlighting on). If the doc is simply a converted file or from the internet, the highlight feature
    highlights word by word.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Complemento de word

En ocasiones cuando se trabaja con el complemento de word no funciona se deshabilita , como se puede mejorar esto que es muy desgastante.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Problems with entering date

When full dates are entered in long date format (i.e. February 3, 2018), a comma is being added after the day number in the APA Citation view (i.e. 2018, Feb 3,). However, it should be displayed without the final comma (i.e. 2018, Feb 3). Entering the date without a comma (i.e. February 3 2018) into the 'Publish Date' field seems to correct the issue, but does not match the format of date as suggested by the in-field tip (i.e. "Mar 12, 2015" or "2015").

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. designing my space

It woulb be great if I could design what colour the background have, I like orange and purple better than blue.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)