RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Offer Sensitive and Specific deduplication algorithms instead of New and Legacy

New RefWorks presently offers a choice of two deduplication algorithms that work differently. They find comparable numbers of duplicates, but they do not find the same duplicates. Users have to run both algorithms to find the maximum number of duplicates.

Users would be better off if the choices were between a high-sensitivity search (flag any duplicate picked up by either algorithm) and a high-specificity search (flag only those duplicates picked up by both algorithms).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. View all highlights

The single most important thing I found when writing my book, and what I do desperately need for my dissertation, is a single location that lists all of my highlights from the entire project. The workflow of reviewing the documents, highlighting key ideas, viewing all the highlights, organizing them into a cohesive framework, then building it into the final product is one of the most keenly efficient ways I've ever seen to write a scholarly work, and you're one step away from being the perfect resource for that.

Please.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Delete the "Search Databases" option.

Please give Administrators the power to remove this option from RefWorks. We spend a great deal of time teaching students how to use our library's federated search tool. This option of choosing individual databases while in RefWorks defeats that purpose. If users want to search a particular database, that can easily be done from our library's website.

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Warning that a reference is already in Refworks when import it

I would be great, if Refworks detects duplicates while I import references. RefWorks could ask: "This is already in your RefWorks database. Do you want to import it anyway?"

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Chicago 17th Author-Date style

Please make the style for Chicago 17th correct in all respects. I have found errors in the citation of journal articles and a chapter in an edited collection. There may be other errors. Strangely, the errors occur in newly entered references, not in references imported from legacy refworks. Also, any editing of an imported reference cause the citation to become incorrect.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. error al guardar un cambio la barra de usuario pregunta y lenguaje e institucion no permite guardar o cancelar los cambios

error al guardar un cambio de una fuente, la barra de usuario ayuda (?) y lenguaje e institución no permite guardar o cancelar los cambios

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →
  7. WAYFless URL to access RefWorks 3 directly without using login page.

We would need a WAYFless URL to RefWorks 3. In our workflows users want to go directly to RefWorks 3 from within other applications. The route to go to the login page is not needed with a WAYFLess URL. Haveing requested this already three years ago nothing seems to have happened. Frustrating.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback, and apologies for the late response.
    We will be taking a look at this, however at this time we cannot provide an expected schedule. While the benefit of this feature to the users is clear, we are currently focusing on closing some parity gaps vs. legacy RefWorks and on completing some key roadmap features. I will update here when we will have something more concrete to share.

8. Ability to de-duplicate shared folders

It would be extremely useful to be able to de-duplicate shared folders, as students in my organization typically use shared folders to individually search for resources for a group project. The ability to de-duplicate the folder after the research portion of the project is over would be immediately helpful.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Accents

we can not use the accents in Spanish on last names

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Import citations into multiple projects at once

Please add new function to import citations into multiple projects at once.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. List bibliography in Japanese phonetic alphabets order.

Some of Japanese author guidelines requires authors to
    sort bibliography in Japanese phonetic alphabets order. But current RefWorks can not respond to this requirement and it reduce the value of RefWorks.
    It might depend on the bibliography database provides, but I am glad if you consider to improve this limitation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Annoying bug in Write-n-Cite for Word

I think this has only come up with the last few versions and I just tried that it exists with 4.5.1682.

When Write-n-Cite is installed and activated in Word but user has not logged in to it (because not actively using it), Word shows up the Write-n-Cite login dialog every time a document is opened via the Word recent files.

This is a problem because we have deployed Write-n-Cite to all our campus workstations and obviously not everyone uses it.

I think that this is a bug that needs to be looked into.

- Jouni Alkio / Aalto University /…

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Citation style names need context

Many citation styles have many different versions (author-date, in-text, footnote) and editions (6th, 7th, 8th). The names in the list make it hard to choose which one is best. Clearer names and more information about the style, including last updated date, perhaps in a "hover" style information box, would help users. It would also be nice to be able to search/browse a list of styles instead of only having an autocomplete search box to find citation styles.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Customize sidebar menu width

Is there a way to expand the width of the sidebar menu to accommodate for longer folder names? That way, we'd be able to quickly read the entire folder name without having to hover over the number of results.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow multiple independent bibliographies

Add an option to start a second new bibliography within a single document. This would be ideal for writing chapters where each section needs a separate bibliography.

This would be very simple to add and would help with keeping formating consistent for other objects in documents like figures.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Provide the ability for admins to remove Institutional Styles

Somehow, we have managed to get multiple occurances of the same Style set as Institutional Styles. I am told this is a known issue and that Development are aware but with no date for a resolution. It would be useful if Admins could remove Institutional Styles no matter what account they are from

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Error al Referenciar en Vancouver

Al referenciar con tipo de fuente TESIS, no genera correctamente la referencia. Por ejemplo debería tomar primero apellido del autor y luego inicial, pero hace lo contrario.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Drag and Drop to folders: option to decide whether to copy or move to another folder

Drag and drop a reference to a folder: It would be nice, if I could choose wether I want to copy it to a folder or if I want to move it from one to another folder.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Export RIS format from Cochrane Library without lacking of the field C3 and M3

The field of C3 and M3 is dropped out when we try to export citations by RIS format from Cochrane Library. Please improve it.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Don't automatically import subject headings as tags

Subject headings from Proquest and other databases are automatically imported as "tags." This clutters up the interface, and makes it hard for users to add their own tags.

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base