RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. don't automatically add a bibliography!

I use google docs to write my papers and find it really annoying that RefWorks automatically adds a bibliography entry when I'm adding a reference. Footnotes are included in my institution's word count, but the bibliography is not, so when the bib is automatically added it disrupts my word count and makes it harder to quickly see where I'm up to. Is there any way I can turn this feature off and then just install the bibliography when I've finished the paper? thanks!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

We will be releasing a new version of RCM later this year, which among other things will include a bibliography toggle switch.
    For Google Docs this option may be added later. Until then you can use the suggestion provided here about highlighting the relevant text.

2. Please make it possible to move large numbers of references from the last import page to a folder, all at once

I have just imported 7600 references that I want to put all into the same folder (working on a systematic review). I can only move small quantities at a time as the select all features is limited to the records displayed. Selecting "display 2000 records" causes refworks to crash.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Show all fields included in a resource type on the edit screen

Currently RefWorks only shows certain fields when you edit references, it would be better if it showed all fields for that type of resource that are defined in the style

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Integrate RCM into Microsoft Word online.

Make RCM add-in available thru Microsoft store for Office 365 users.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Diacritic characters

Fix the problem diacritic characters. It was promised last year but still é or ä etc. have to be corrected manually.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  Todd Vaccaro responded

Language Support for Diacritics is currently under development. We are also including some work on Glyphs.

6. Integrate with Primo

Provide a easy way for the user to search for relevant resources in his library discovery tool from inside RefWorks.
    For customers that use Primo as their library discovery,

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This will be part of our second half of the year work on API integrations.

7. Integrate with Summon

Be able to search Summon from inside RefWorks' "Search Databases"
    Provide a easy way for the user to search for relevant resources in his library discovery tool from inside RefWorks.
    For customers that use Summon as their library discovery,

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We have this planned for the 2nd half of the year, but there is not a definitely timetable yet.

8. Modifying the direct export function from CAIRN.INFO

We fail to export citations clicking [REFWORKS] from CAIRN.INFO even though we can export them clicking [ZOTERO (.RIS)] to RefWorks. Could you please modify the [REFWORKS] link?

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base