RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

How can we improve RefWorks?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please make the record count on the shared folders display the same record number to all users

Currently the record count only shows the number of citations added by that user on the shared folders. A shared folder shows "0" if I've added nothing, but might contain 50 items. It would be useful for all on a shared folder to see the same count.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →
  2. Be able to import your school contact list for student/faculty emails into RefWorks

It would be great if we could have our school's contact info for emails imported into RefWorks so it was not necessary to manually type out each person's email for when you share a folder. This would greatly help when sharing with more than one person.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Link to pubmed

The old RefWorks version had an option to open the reference in pubmed, that option is not there with the updated ProQuest version? I need to use the update view since google docs and word docs do not link to the old version. I would like a link so I can directly open a reference in pubmed again, please.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Display fulltext link on all pages, not just the edit page

Display fulltext link on all pages, not just the edit page. Thank you :)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. "Create Account" option shows up too soon, produces error, turns students away

On the Legacy Platform, students are experiencing an error when they attempt to create new account. The "Create Account" option shows up as soon as the consent button is checked, so students check on "Create Account" instead of "next" and experience an error, then turn away. Please do not put the "Create Account" option up until it's actually an option... until after student has entered their name, field of study, etc. This is extremely poor design.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Where in the heck is my RefWorks button or where do I find it now that it is installed? Where are my directions for using this?

Here is an idea! Tell me how to find the RefWorks in MS Word after I install it! Where the heck is it! Where is the guidance on how to use it in Word? Come on guys, have a real user help you with this - I was supposed to be happily on my way using this tool to crank out my annotated bibliographies but I am spending valuable time to try and find how to use it. Really!?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Is there a way to configure the default view when opening Refworks to have the option to choose the menu from the sidebar?

Is there a way to configure the default view when opening Refworks to have the option to choose the menu from the sidebar?
    Hence, when a user logs into their account - have the center display empty and have the use choose from the left column default options.
    When our users log in - sometimes they get confused as to what they are looking at in the center area that currenlty defaults to 'all documents'
    Would like to have the center blank and have use choose what they want to see..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make the DOI field editable

Being unable to edit the DOI field in RefWorks creates a huge disincentive, especially for APA users. RefWorks needs to update to the latest DOI format (https:) or make the field accept the updated DOI prefix. Users now have to manually edit the DOI in their document. We are getting a lot of complaints from our users.

Users also have to delete the unnecessary database URL that is imported with every citation.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow page display customization

I find that the "bubbly" nature of the new version makes it easy to start using, but now that I want to use it as a research tool, I would like to minimize the size of all the text, buttons, and icons so that more information can be displayed at one time. I would prefer the option to sort references and move through the platform efficiently. Make all my folders display in the same box (not separated by shared or not). In general, if it looked more like a computer files system rather than a phone app, it would allow…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Problems with entering date

When full dates are entered in long date format (i.e. February 3, 2018), a comma is being added after the day number in the APA Citation view (i.e. 2018, Feb 3,). However, it should be displayed without the final comma (i.e. 2018, Feb 3). Entering the date without a comma (i.e. February 3 2018) into the 'Publish Date' field seems to correct the issue, but does not match the format of date as suggested by the in-field tip (i.e. "Mar 12, 2015" or "2015").

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add RSS feeds to folders

Provide a simple RSS feed of a folder for sharing of references without the attachments.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add Shibboleth Login to RCM Add-in

Add Shibboleth / Institutional sign-on / Federated Access to RCM Add-in for Word 2016.

At present Shibboleth / Institutional login is provided via the web interface, but not via the RCM Add-in. The only way to login is with the alternate password option set in RefWorks web user settings.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base