Skip to content

RefWorks

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve RefWorks by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines.
For Support related issues please use this form.
Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

24 results found

1. RefWorks Citation Manager - change default to last folder used instead of "all references"

The RefWorks Citation Manager add-in always defaults to the “All references” folder after choosing an action. For example, if I go to a different folder and choose to “Edit & Cite” for one of the citations, it then toggles back to the All references folder instead of staying in the folder I had been using. This requires me to keep re-selecting the folder where I had accumulated sources for a project.

For workflow, it would be useful to have RefWorks Citation Manager default to folder last used instead of to All References.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Quick Cite: Support footnotes

Quick Cite does not currently support notes.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Fix discrepancy in handling of 'retrieved' date

In Edit record mode, 'Date retrieved' is a single uncontrolled text string. In Output Style editor, this data is split across two elements 'Retrieved (month/day)' and 'Retrieved (year)'. This means you risk ending up either with incomplete retrieved dates or with a repeat of the retrieval year in the citation output, depending on how the data is stored. Can these different data components by standardized, so that retrieval data is handled consistently?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Writing Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Technical standards currently uses the default reference type. We would prefer it to use Cite Them Right's Harvard specification

Cite Them Right defines it as:

Name of authorising organisation (Year of publication) Number and title of standard. Place of publication: publisher OR Available at: URL (Accessed: date).

(see attached screenshot for italics)

This could also be applied to Summon's Harvard output style which is also deficient. For example, on Summon the Harvard output style cites:
    ASTM International 2017, Standard Practice for Sampling Freshly Mixed Concrete. This omits the parentheses around the year, and there is no metadata for: Place of publication: publisher. Similarly, for a BS EN ISO standard, the output is also wonky -- it should display British…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?