Skip to content

Rosetta

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Rosetta by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

9 results found

1. multi-client capability for external migration in Preservation Plan

In a preservation plan it is possible to migrate objects using external alternatives. To do this, the objects are exported, migrated externally and then re-imported.
    Unfortunately it is not possible to configure the export path. Therefore it is also not possible to perform migrations separated by institution. At other places in Rosetta this is already implemented. For example, an export path can be entered when exporting an IE. To enable Rosetta's multi-client capability, it would be necessary to separate by institution when exporting in the Preservation Plan.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Preservation Sets - Search levels IE/REP/FILE

as a preservation manager I would appreciate to be able to switch between the search levels IE/REP/FILE when working with Preservation Sets.
    I agree, that migrations are on file level, but it would be helpful to know how many IEs/which IEs are involved in a Preservation Set. The test set also shows a list of IEs. Furthermore a lot of information for toubleshouting comes on IE-Level: view problematic IEs, view skipped objects, reports on locked IEs,...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add Error Logs to Preservation Plans and Preservation Executions/ Technical Issues

while working with preservation plans, testing alternatives I would appreciate to have more information about problematic IEs. Error Logs like in Submissions/Technical Issues/ would be helpful. Please add "View Errors".

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add "View Migrated Objects" to Preservation Executions History

as a preservation manager I would appreciate to find the history of the execution of signed-off preservation plans in one place. Therefore it would be helpful to have the list of migrated IEs ( the report of event 355 - Representation was added by preservation plan) in Preservation/Preservation Executions/Signed-off Plans/Executions History/Blocks History, for example as "View Migrated Objects" in addition to "View Skipped Objects".

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Events for DNX Validation

with version 6.0 DNX validation was introduced for METS deposits and any AIP update. Furthermore the .xsd will be versioned. As for now I cannot find any event describing the validation process, the name and version of .xsd used for validation, the agent, the event outcome (success). I would appreciate events documenting this validation. In my opinion this is worth a provenance event, like file format identification event 25.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add report in migration plugin

The migration plugin is part of preservation and is the way in Rosetta to migrate bitstreams from an obsolete format to an uptodate format. It is a script plugin receiving a file and delivering the newly migrated file.
    For purpose of transparency it would be necessary to add a report about what has changed. For example when migrating pdf to pdf/a it might happen, that a font was included or even replaced. Having a report would implement a well documented preservation workflow. Depending on the migration tool the report might be quite complex.

So it would be nice to add…

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. untangle format identification/validation/MDextraction

In the course of the discussion on the "File Extension Mismatch - Change Notice" posted on BaseCamp by Opher Kutner (ExL), I noticed that some aspects of file identification/validation/MDextraction in Rosetta need improvement. What got me thinking was the statement that format identification was done by the extractor, which isn't the case. Instead, the actual behaviour is that the MdExtractionPlugin also does the format validation, while the format identification is run separately in DROID. However, the job of extractors is neither format identification nor format validation. Instead, it's metadata extraction only. Usually, a preservation repository can't even know which extractor…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. relative paths in IE XML / Storage Migration

Rosetta 5.2 has brought a new Storage Migration feature that enables institutions to restructure their permanent storage to fit changing requirements. However, the documentation currently warns that "Disconnecting legacy storage is not recommended as it may prevent the possibility of reverting to a previous IE version." (https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Rosetta/Product_Documentation/Version_5.2, Preservation Guide, page 185). As far as I can see, this limitation is due to the use of absolute paths in the IE XML files. The paths in older versions of these files cannot be updated without forging provenance information, which, of course, isn't an alternative. However, updating these paths would…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow Retention Policy to not delete automatically

Besides of having the option to delete or delete permanently, a retention policy should also allow not to delete at all. Many institutions want to assign a retention period to their objects, but do not want to delete the IEs when the retention period is over. Instead they expect to receive a report where they can decide themselves which objects should be deleted.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base