Skip to content

Primo

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Primo by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1133 results found

1. Make it possible to add other resource types than journal in journal search

Make it possible to add any other resource types than journal in journal search. Today only journals from rtype in pnx is included: <rtype>journals</rtype> We want to be able to add our selfcreated resource type for monographic series to the list of journals.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Primo VE  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Email alerts when Primo BO jobs fail or complete

Add the ability to allow admins to receive or sign up for email alerts when jobs fail or complete in the Primo back office. This functionality is currently supported in Alma.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Library Stack added

To add Library Stack to your indexing so results will populate in Primo.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow customization of the item status field in Primo

The item status field is misleading for material that is on order. Primo displays a message saying “Item not yet received, expected on DD/MM/YYYY”. This date can be several weeks in the future. It is calculated by adding a set number of days specific to a vendor to the date that the order was sent to the vendor. The number of days is set according to when it is judged to be appropriate to claim items which have not been received. We therefore tend to set it as eight or so weeks in the future for many vendors. In reality…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Harvard referencing (key for UK market for Alma and Primo)

Harvard is the most widely used referencing system in the UK. yet Primo cannot do it. Please make Harvard available asap as we are being forced to change from Summon which has this capability.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to delete lines from advanced search

At the moment in advanced search in the new UI you can add up to 7 new lines but not delete any of them if you change your mind about a search query and want to delete a line you have added. Clearing just takes you back to the beginning again

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Option to request multiple volumes

Currently, users who wish to request multiple volumes of a set or journal must submit individual requests for each volume. In practice, though, users frequently want multiple volumes. Our institution has the bulk of our collection in remote storage, so we get a lot of requests of this nature. I would love to see a checkbox option in Primo where users could check off all of the items they want, rather than submitting a separate request for each. Obviously this would need to send the appropriate request to Alma or whatever other system people might be using; I understand that…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make it possible to remove the 'until' date in OAI request for all pipes

Each time a pipe harvesting using OAI method is run, the OAI request set the 'until' parameter to the time the pipe is run. Here is an example of such OAI request: https://ourjournals.ac.nz/index.php/LPR/oai?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=oai_dc&from=2018-11-05T01:44:31Z&until=2018-12-01T22:40:07Z When the target OAI feeds contain records do not have a date stamp, it will be automatically filled with the date/time the record is accessed by the OAI harvester. This means that all these records without a date stamp will never be harvested into Primo as they will be always have a later date stamp than the 'until' parameter. We would like to see an option to…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow for deactivating or re-ordering Open Access facet in Primo VE

Changes made in the Facet labels include trying to reorder the facets as well as disable the display of the Open Access option do not seem to have any effect.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Primo VE  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. provide different indication for items 'available online' - but not for my library

when searching for 'electronic sources only' the result list provides the indication 'available online' for all items, including those NOT available for my library.

I do want to see the items not available for my library, but there should be a different indication for them.

Is it possible to show items as 'available online' for those available for my library, and show the other items with 'inter-library loan' indication?

thanks

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Primo VE  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Increase the granularity of of metadata fields for searching in Primo Central

Additional metadata fields be made searchable within Primo Central. Author affiliation, Abstract, Author Keywords, Thesaurus keywords, Chemical name, Source title, Funding information, full text, etc. The publishers and some database providers provide some or all of this information, for the publishers that do not supply the information, the field will be empty, for the many duplicate records the field information may be found in one or more of the duplicate records. It would be better to make search available for the additional fields, than over simplify search and remove the capability. Improves the level of sophisticated and accurate searching within…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please apply user_defined_unicode_normalization.txt conversion to PCI records.

Please apply userdefinedunicode_normalization.txt conversion to PCI records. It's essential to search CJK records.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. My Account - Previous/Historic Requests

Our previous resource sharing system allowed clients to view previous/historic Requests however Primo only allows active resource sharing Requests to be tracked and viewed. Can the functionality available for Primo's My Account Loans view please also be applied to Requests so previous/historic requests can also be viewed by clients.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add ability for Local Resource Types to look at multiple fields

For some resource types (like streaming video) where we use community zone records that aren't all RDA, the bibs are missing a consistent way for me to identify them and we can't update the records to add whatever field is necessary (like a 655 $a Internet videos.). I would like to be able to write a rule for local resource types that uses an OR statement, rather than just a single field. That way I could indicate that if it had the 655 OR a 347 $a Video file it should have Streaming Video as its resource type.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add public note field option to import profile service link

We're interested in adding a public note field to the import profile setup for Primo VE that display the same way as the Public Note field in a General Electronic Service does.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Primo VE  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 776 first indicator and display

The first indicator for the 776 field specifies whether that field should be displayed or not. I added some 776 fields with a first indicator 1 (do not display note) yet this field is displaying in Primo. I would suggest that when 776 is used with a first indicator 1, this field does not display in Primo as per MARC (see link below)

https://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd776.html

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to run a real blank blank search with facets visible

In Summon it's possible to run a real blank blank search where you get all hits from Primo displayed with facets. From that you can refine your search to for example language. It means if you go to Primo or VE it should be possible to press the search button to get this blank blank search with facets. In other words, a blank search without using asterisk: *.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Primo VE  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Incluir Miniaturas portadas Primo

Para mejorar la experiencia para los usuarios , se hace necesario que Primo rescate la mayor parte de las miniaturas de las portadas. De acuerdo a los señalado por la linea de soporte de Primo, este usa el primer ISBN y si dicho ISBN no trae en la metadata de Json el enlace del thumbnail_url, no lo coloca.
    Sería beneficioso para el sistema y para los usuarios que se desarrollara este requerimiento

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow boosting IZ records when displaying FRBR groups

As a member of a consortium, we would like to see our local records displayed first while looking at FRBR groups.

The current sorting and prioritization methods do not help with achieving this.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make handling of multilingual labels easier

Hi

Our Primo VE has 4 interface languages.

1)
    Changing a term means I have to change it in each language separately, save it (which throws me out of the table to the list of tables), click 'edit' again, then change the next language etc. Otherwise the changes are not taken.

Surely there's a way to make that easier?

For example display all languages at once, which would also make it much easier to compare the languages.

2)
    After I changed a label, when I search for it, I still get results, although it does not exist any longer in…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base