Primo

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Primo by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Separate Library selection and Personal Delivery Address in Getit pop-up

We have configured Alma so all Personal Delivery requests go to a central library. Need to modify Getit so patrons cannot select a Library and also enter a personal delivery address i.e. separate Library pickup from Personal Delivery.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Primo VE  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add $b to the mapping of tags 100 & 700 to Primo VE facets

The mapping of Alma tags 100 and 700 to Primo VE facets includes only $a. $b contains for both tags the dynastic number of kings, popes and high nobility. Without the addition of $b it is impossible to distinguish for example the English kings $a Charles $b I and $a Charles $b II or popes $a John $b XXII and $a John $b XXIII

Therefor, we ask to add 100 $b and 700$b to facet values

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Primo VE  ·  Admin →
  3. Export a Primo Permalink from Alma to Results of an Alma Set

Analytics enables one to create some very advanced queries in Alma, but there's no way to share the Results with users in Primo. Being able to create a Primo permalink to the results of an Alma set would remedy that.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Categorise dbs/guides/sites via Primo admin. The databases be indexed, searched or browsed for in PrimoVE customers that do not have Alma

The ability to subject categorise databases, library guides, Web sites etc via Primo admin. The databases and guides they are included in the Primo index so that the words in the title, description or keywords when searched will appear within the results. Also so the resources can browsed for in PrimoVE or Primo classic by the categories so there is not a long list to scroll through. This is for customers that do not have Alma or any library catalogue. I have seen you can currently do this only for Alma catalogue users.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In CDI Non-OA items appearing with OA unlocked icon

We have results that are not open access leading users to paywalled articles, and since these are all 'link in record', it is/was nearly impossible to determine which collection is leading users astray.

Is a fix in the works? Right now the collection I suspect is European Union Publications, which has no Alma portfolios, shows as Type 'Selective package', and which shows the option to 'Remove CDI-only full text activation'. I have not yet clicked that.

I hope a fix is in the pipeline.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow requestors to see new requested item due date from My Requests

In the My Requests area of my Library Card, the requestor does not see the new due date of the requested item, only that the request is “Not started. Place in queue is _”. It would helpful for the requestor to be able to see the due date, even if it isn't guaranteed that the item will be returned by the patron who has it on that date. Wording could be: "Currently on loan with a due date of [ ]. Your request is no. [ ] in queue.".

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In Primo VE add the ability to control the information displayed in the Details service of the Full Record Display where the title is on a L

In Primo VE add the ability to control the information displayed in "Course List" field in the Details service of the Full Record Display where the title is on a Leganto reading list.
    OTB the following data elements are displayed: Cource code; Reading List title; Course department; List owner (?).
    We would like to ability to control which data elements are displayed.
    This development would bring VE in step with Primo.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Display Network Zone licenses in Primo VE

Hello.

Our consortium has a Network Zone and 14 Institution Zones with Primo VE. I manage the shared electronic collections in the NZ. I created a license in the NZ and attached it to an NZ electronic collection. Unfortunately when a user clicks on the "Show License" button in Primo VE the terms of the license do not display. (IZ licenses display fine in VE.) Here's a google doc of my testing with screenshots: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xtUlfFZeF4h4sy6dqv_6TW8vbJ1w80jJsMKmJK0D22c/edit?usp=sharing

I reported the issue in Salesforce 00727735 (not published) and the response from Exlibris is "Thank you for reporting this issue with the license terms.…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Search Loans within user Account

We have users who would like to be able to search within their list of currently checked out items. At present, the only options are (1) export the list of loans to BibTeX or RIS and search them in another program, or (2) sort by checkout date or title. When faculty have 400 items checked out, neither of these options is feasible. They would like a search box option within their account to search across all the items they have checked out.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make user-created tags keyword searchable.

Currently, user-created tags are findable via the tag portal in the Ellipsis, or they can be searched in the Advanced Search by specifying the tag field. We would like to be able to make them keyword searchable in the basic search.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Suppress dedup/FRBR for external records in Primo VE

Following the introduction of support for FRBR and dedup for external records in the February Primo VE release, it should be possible to apply suppress rules for FRBR and dedup to external data, in the same way you currently can for local records.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow to print "Item description"

We want to display "Item description" on print pdf from Primo VE. Because in some rare books, we uses item description to identify the material.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. PrimoVE - allow search scopes defined by Ex Libris and local search scopes to be combined

It would be great to allow search scopes to be combined in PrimoVE so that predefined search scopes and local search scopes can be configured to search as one scope. Currently, PrimoVE is not able to do this and makes searching more complicated to educate end users on how to search.

For Example, Allow 690 and 6XXs to be able to be search all under Subject. Curently Subject does not include 690.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add public note field option to import profile service link

We're interested in adding a public note field to the import profile setup for Primo VE that display the same way as the Public Note field in a General Electronic Service does.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Indent newspaper search under Source Type limiters

Indent the "Newspapers search" link under the "Source Type" limiter to bring it in line with the other listed source types (e.g. Articles, Reivews, Books, etc.).

As it currently displays, without being indented, it appears that all of the source types listed below are sub-sets of the Newspapers search.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Improve the formatting of Primo VE forms so that they can expand and accommodate longer titles.

In Primo VE the Resource Sharing and Purchase Request forms are designed to be very narrow - the entry fields are 50 characters wide. They look like they have been designed to be optimised for a mobile interface and do not resize if more room is available.
    This means that if I requested Title is longer than 50 characters you cannot see it all at once.

We have attempted to use changes in the css to widen the form but this causes issues with the display of Advanced Search fields.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Primo VE  ·  Admin →
  17. To have a “Saved Query” feature at the top of the search results at Journal Search page

Currently, only the general search has this "Saved Query" feature in the search result. We would like to have this feature when searching at Journal Search page too.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Incorrect citation formatting

Below is an email that I got from one of our reference librarians:

Here’s a citation issue, we’re coping with.
    I expect you can’t fix this because it looks like a broad indexing issue, but can it be reported?

PROBLEM ONE (this affects MLA & APA & Chicago)
    The Primo citations often include extra information, for example:
    -- that it is a “report” or includes an “author abstract” or “Brief Article”

In these cases, it looks like it stems from Primo including too much info in the title field.

PROBLEM TWO (this affects only MLA)
    Primo citations often include not…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Enable Public Notes display for content within Database-type collections

It would be very helpful if Public Notes could be displayed for individual content (articles, etc.) within Database-type collections. Currently, Public Notes for Database-type collections can only be placed on the record for the collection itself, and they are not displayed on individual content. So if a user searches for the name of the database (such as
    ProQuest Congressional Hearings Digital Collection: Part A (1824-1979)) they can see the Public Note below the View Online link -- but if they search for an article held within that collection (such as Committee Business. Congressional Hearing, 1980-07-31), there is no public note…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. My Library Card: Option to hide DUE TIME

We'd like the option to hide the DUE TIME in My Library Card, Primo VE.

In our library, we allow users to return borrowed item at any library. Users can return items that are due today until the library where they are returning items closes.

Each library has different closing time with many exceptions, so we set the closing time to 23:59 for all libraries. Therefore, due time is always displayed as 23:59 regardless of the real library closing time and it is confusing to users.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base