Primo

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Primo by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Date format for Loans option for DD/MM/YYYY (New UI/Primo VE)

We have Primo VE and the New UI and the date format for loans (in the user's account) defaults to the US MM/DD/YYYY format. We want to be able to chnage this to DD/MM/YYYY but there currently isn't an option to do so.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Create Primo UI design competition.

Hi All,

most of the ***** sites look quite dull, mostly OOTB look with few enhancements. How about running a competition "The best Primo UI design"?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Enable synonymisation in phrase searches

It is still the case in Primo that one version of a synonymised term proves searchable as a phrase search, but not both, despite both having been added to the local and/or hosted versions (delete where applicable) of the Primo synonym list.

E.g. “Versus” and “vs” have been added to the synonym list, but whilst a search for “Semantics versus pragmatics” returns results, a search for “Semantics vs pragmatics” returns none.

It needs to be appreciated that there will always be instances where performing a search without speechmarks for a search term that includes a synonym isn't practicable, in particular…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Return to search results from favorites space

there should be a "return to search results" in the prm-favorites-toolbar in the same way there is the a return to search results for "my account"

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →
  5. Folders to organize Save Query searches in Primo

I'd like to see a way to organize my Save Query searches in Primo when I'm signed into my account.

Prior to our go live date, I'm doing a lot of test searches in Primo to analyze results so we can tweak it for the best results. Having the ability to save different searches and variations of them in folders would be a great option, both for us and for our students when we complete our rollover before the Fall semester.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Have Available status in Primo be variable so that it shows Recently Returned for 24 hours and then automatically changes to Available

Currently there is a single code table label showing an Available status. Having the option to configure a label of Recently Returned that would display for 24 or 48 hours and then automatically change to Available would more accurately tell the patron and staff twhere an item might be.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Friendly EERROR Message should be displayed when customer input a wrong primo URL

When user inputs a wrong primo URL such as: http://discovery.lib.shanghaitech.edu.cn:1701/primolibrary/libweb/uploadedfiles/shtech/index.php?s=captcha

By now Primo displays a messy page(See attachment)

We would like to see a more friendly ERROR message page without the messy information

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. direct links to HTML/PDF content in brief display within search results

For any provider that has direct links to HTML or PDF content, I believe that link should be somewhere in the brief display area right over the sendTo actions.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Overdue notices from Alma in Primo

In the mouse-over appearing in My loans above ‘not renewable’ a user sees all overdue notices that he/she has received for that specific item.
    For instance when the user gets the fourth overdue notice he/she also sees the third and the second one in the small mouse-over text.

For a better readability we’d like only the most recent notice to appear in the mouse-over.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Filter out the titles with the status "Citation Available" which don't have fulltext available under PCI

Filter out the titles with the status "Citation Available" which don't have fulltext available under PCI

William Wai-yan NG
    Assistant Librarian II
    The Open University of Hong Kong
    Tel: (852) 2768 6755

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Display twitter and messages in the third column

Summon allows us to display messages and Twitter in the third column. Please can Primo be made to do this?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Stop matching records with 020 subfield z

As part of a matching process Primo checks the 020 subfield z, which in MARC format is used for Canceled/invalid ISBN, to display two records as related. That means Primo shows the holdings of the "related" record in the full display of the first record. For a user the holdings will be on the record with invalid ISBN. Very confusing. We've been adviced to delete the ISBN in 020 z or move it to 776, which is a very bad solution. I advice ExLibris to get rid of this solution and not violate the standards of MARC.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Feature in advanced search to retrieve all records in a certain language

It should be possible in advanced search to choose a language and submit search and get all books in that language without having to write a word to search. As it works now it's impossible to retrieve exactly ALL books in a language in one result list. Check this feature in Libris: http://libris.kb.se/form_extended.jsp?f=ext

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. New UI - allow full results to be opened in a new tab

In the old interface and in summon it is possible to open full details pages in a new tab while keeping the full results list open.

In the new ui this is not possible. As one of our academics says
    "I prefer to review the results page first, opening potentially useful results in new tabs (using 'ctrl+click' ) so that they load 'in the background'. Then I can review each tab without disrupting the original search results (and come back to them later if necessary). "

In the new UI the full record opens over the results list and has…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Virtually browse by category of locations

We would like to have the function to allow patron virtually browsing category of locations, so that patron can realize which location they are browsing. We have some special shelf which is out of side the library of congress call number arrangement.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Context sensitive help

have a default context sensitive help file(s) in the new UI that can be adapted locally, with local edits being highlighted for change, but not over written when Primo is upgraded and the help text amended centrally.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Modify message and add hyperlink in "Request" tab in search result

"Title Request Limit" is not be used in our library but misleading message "Patron has exceeded requests limit" is shown in result list "Request" tab of Primo after user logged in. As a result, we would like to modify the message and hyperlink that will be more user friendly. Hyperlink is not supported to add. We would like to change the message to 'Click "Holdings" to check "Request Options"' as well as "Holdings" is a hyperlink. Tab will be switch to "Holdings" tab after user click the link.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. seperate 'my favorites' from search history

Please separate 'my favorites' from the search history. users dont think to look under my favorites for search history and the title hierarchy does not make sense. My favorites should go to pinned items and a separate tab should exist for search history.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Improve the Alma linkresolver design to reduce the appearance multiple online links by a single provider in Primo/Primo VE search results

As a Primo user I would like to see a single link per provider for the content I discover, with the option to view additional links if I wish.

Background
    Primo search results deliver multiple links per provider for each search result. Our clients find this overwhelming.

We now use a custom linkresolver to bundle the multiple search result links to a single link from each provider. The option to view all links remains under a drop-down menu.

When we migrate to Primo VE the custom linkresolver will no longer work. We will return to the multiple links per provider…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to set the primo.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/ url to redirect to default view.

Currently the / url either errors out or redirects to alma. Since many users just go to the root url it would be great to have this redirect to the default view

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base