Skip to content

Primo

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Primo by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

289 results found

1. Add option to view complete authority records in Primo

Primo does not show the complete authority record. In Aleph the end user could see the authority record through the link from Primo to the OPAC. As ALMA has no such option the end user has no way of seeing the complete authority record with all the RDA fields. If the complete authority record is displayed, not only some of the fields, the end user can find important information about the author with one click.

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hierarchical labels for sub-collections in Collections hierarchy

When browsing the Collections hierarchy there is a separate label for top level collections and for sub-collections (at whatever level). We would like to be able to have separate labels according to values contained in the bib records. This would allow the different levels of a complex sub-collection hiearchy to be expressed appropriately: e.g. it would allow us to reflect transparently the structure of our archival collections: Collection - Series - File - Item. it could also allow the hierarchy of different types of collections to be expressed differentially.

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. “My Favorites” pin should indicate number of records in favorites

In the Primo New UI, there is the “my favorites” pin icon at the top right of the screen (screenshot below of the pin). We ran some usability surveys and found that users would like an indication, via the icon, that something is there. Like the number if pinned items and/or a different color indicating that something is there.

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Display multi-lingual values in facets in a consistent order

Currently, same values in different languages in multi-lingual facets (topic, author) appear randomly.

We suggest to create a consistent language order independent of the sort by_size configuration option, so that the values in these facets will be displayed by the determined order. For example, if the order will be: Latin, Hebrew, Arabic, Cyrillic - the values will always be displayed by this same language order.

See example image provided for the following search:
    https://haifa-primo.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/primo-explore/search?query=any,contains,gibran%20kahlil&tab=default_tab&search_scope=books_and_more&vid=HAU&lang=en_US

We are suggesting that for the facets set by size in the View, the same value in all languages will be grouped together and displayed one…

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. "Title starts with" advanced search should search alternate titles, too

The "Title starts with" advanced search in Primo and Primo VE only searches the 245 field, not the 246. This is problematic in cases where a title contains special characters, numbers, etc. For instance, if a user is doing a "Title starts with" search for a book called "Understanding & Dismantling Racism," they would need to use the ampersand rather than spelling out "and" in order to find the book. This is in spite of the fact that the bibliographic record for that book contains a 246 field with the "and" spelled out. One of the points of the 246…

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Display and edit all user addresses in my account By now, only the preferred address defined in Alma is displayed in Primo my account. All

Display and edit all user addresses in my account

By now, only the preferred address defined in Alma is displayed in Primo my account. All Alma user addresses should be displayed and be editable by patrons in my account of Primo. This is important for better transparency and to avoid invalid and deprecated addresses. It should also be possible to chooses the Address types in my Primo account to preferred, secondary, work and office.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Inform users when wildcard limit has been reached for local records (when still displaying CDI results)

Based on Salesforce case 06390632.

When using wildcards in a Primo search, there is a limit to how many you can use before the search triggers an error that excludes all local records.

https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Primo/Knowledge_Articles/Long_combinations_of_Boolean_operators_and_truncated_terms_(wildcards)_return_0_results

This limit is only for local records. The CDI search does not follow the same limitations and will still gather results even if this limit is reached.

If a users crosses the wildcard threshold when searcing in a scope containing only local records, there will be an error message displayed that explains why no results were found. However, if the same search is done in a…

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Numerical order for Search by list

We would like the list search in Primo to show the results in numerical and not just alphabetical order.
    For example, for call numbers the number 101 should appear before the number 1000.
    Thank you and good day.
    Alberto (Italy)

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. My Account - Loans & Requests: Bibliographical Details of ILL article requests

Currently, users cannot see the full bibliographical details of their Resource Sharing "Article" Requests in their account,. Although all the details appear in Alma, in Primo the Journal Title, Year, Volume, Issue and Pages are missing - so in fact they can only see the Article Title and Author in the Full View mode.

Obviously, this is not very helpful for citation purposes or even for tracking orders - especially if there are many similar requests.

Thanks

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Adding Facets to Database Search page.

By adding a 'Facets' pane to the Database Search results page, consistency between the different search type's results will be improved and users will be able to post-filter Find Databases searches.
    For example: a user would be able to filter by both subject AND resource type as used to be possible when the Metalib interface was used for the Databases A-Z list.

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Penalization date visible in users' loan page

Hello! It would be great once we had read the bar code of the user, and we have the general information to do a loan or a return it will be great if there we can see the date until they can't borrow books. If not it is a problem because they ask you until when they are ban and we have to go until their profile to penalty section to see it.

Thank you!

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Holdingsfile should take into account the holdings of physical items

In our Primo we have set up that only articles that you have access to is presented in the first result-list, but that you can remove this filter by checking the tick box on the left to include result that you do not have access to.

Currently only the holdingf for electronic journals are taken into account. If the library has only the physical journal the article will not be part of the first search result. It will look like the library does not have this article, when the truth is that the user could get it in print.

The…

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Option to e-mail clients Saved Searches

It will be very useful to share Saved Searches with another client by having an e-mail option available in the My Favourites > Saved Searches section in Primo, in the same way the e-mail option is available for Saved Records.

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Define preferred pickup location in personal details of my account

As a user of a large library network, I usually pick up the books I loan at library Z. When making a request I have to scroll down or use the search function in order to find library Z at the bottom of the very long list of pickup locations.

I would like a new feature, so that I can define my preferred pickup location as library Z in the personal details of my account. So, my preferred pickup location would always be displayed at the very top of the list of pickup locations. Plus, I could see at one…

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Support html in GES public notes in How to Get it section

We are considering moving a couple of our general electronic services from the "Links" section to the "How to Get it" section. However HTML tags in the public note are not recognised when we change it from Links to How to Get It.

See cases: 00987379 & 00987406

I would have expected that public notes should always support HTML tags as they are exposed publicly via Primo.

https://www.screencast.com/t/v3OGDhcrDG5j - illustration showing that <b> tags in the Links area make text bold, but encoding is displayed int eh How to Get it section.

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Improve resource accessibility with a new field «Request accessible document» in “Digitization optional parameters”

To provide better access to resources for users with disabilities, ETH Library would like to offer its users accessible digital copies. This service requires an additional field in the digitization request form in Primo VE, in which users can indicate if they would like to request an accessible document. This field could be named “Request accessible document” and be added to Discovery > Configuration > GetIt > Digitization optional parameters, so that libraries can enable and disable the field as they like. We think that it would be best if there was a dropdown list available for this field with…

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Differenciating the code for PCI records from the code for Alma records

The PCI records that we don't subscribe and the Alma records without holding show the same labels on Get It section because they share the codes, such as:

c.uresolver.getit2.holdinglist.empty.top
    c.uresolver.getit2.holding
    list.empty.signedinuser
    c.uresolver.getit2.holdinglist.empty.signedinuser.noservices
    c.uresolver.getit2.holdinglist.empty.guestuser
    c.uresolver.getit2.holding_list.empty.bottom
    (Samples are on SF #00731305)

We want those two groups of records to be distinguished from each other so that we can apply different labels giving more customized information to our patrons.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a list of suggestions to zero result searches in the A-Z Journals list

It is not possible to display a list of suggestions when a user retrieves zero results for a search in the A-Z Journals list. However, it is possible in Primo simple and advanced search. It would be beneficial to provide users with a distinct list of suggestions if they retrieve zero results in the A-Z journals list.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Subject Browse - allow merging of identical subject terms from different vocabularies

Right now, when I browse in my Primo by subject, I'm seeing a lot of subject headings repeated from different taxonomies. For example: Microbiology (EBPS), Microbiology (FAST), Microbiology (fast MESH), Microbiology (LCSH), Microbiology (LCSHKIDS FAST), Microbiology (MESH). This looks like a mess and is confusing for the user. I'd like to propose that where subject headings are identical between taxonomies, they be merged into one entry so the user doesn't have to check them all.

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base