Skip to content

Primo

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Primo by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

188 results found

1. Our patrons want search function for the list of their favorites and historic loans...

I agree that it's too complicated to search what they read a year ago by scrolling all the way down to check.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Notes in My Favourites

Classic interface Primo offered a Note bubble in eShelf, that allowed users to annotate their references. Something our students have found useful.

The new interface however, neither contains migrated eShelf Note bubble data, or alternative functionality to capture annotations.

Labels can be used as a workaround, but this isn't really the functionality our students seek.

I invite others to comment and support this idea.

Thanks

Wayne

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. loan history lookup option

Loan history lookup options, such as, a search box, a year select box or a slider (of the return date), would be helpful for the users having hundreds of loan history records.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add expand search (outside Imperial) into search scope

When users and staff are searching Primo. Many of them want to run an expand search straight away. Rather than searching everything and then clicking on expand search.
    Solution: it would be better if expand search (outside imperial) could be a search scope. Although users the chance to search expand search straight away.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enable configuration of Permalinks to open a tab that gives access to an item

Permalinks currently open into the detail tab in Primo.

Our users have expressed a preference for the permalink to open into a screen which would give them access to the item i.e. either the getit or view it tab.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Enable configuration of Permalinks to open a tab that gives access to an item

Permalinks currently open into the detail tab in Primo.

Our users have expressed a preference for the permalink to open into a screen which would give them access to the item i.e. either the getit or view it tab.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Display "Sign in to check request options" message/link on a higher level

Display the "Sign in to check request options" message/link on a higher level than for each location? That would make it much more visible for customers, instead of having to click on individual locations drop down links.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Export search results in ISBD format

It seems that Primo does not permit (as, I.E., Aleph) the export of a search in ISBD format: doing this would be a great thing at least for our patrons

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Cutting and Pasting Search Strategies following a PRIMO search

As a reference librarian, I regularly include a copy of a my strategy with a hypertext link to the search in an email or Google Doc. There is a nice summary of the strategy above the search in PRIMO, but I can't copy it well; it needs a lot of editing if pasted.

In my search history, it is a hyper-link and when I highlight it to copy, it tends to re-run the link.

The alternatives are too share a link (the links too searches are too long -- a short link may work) or to do a screen capture…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Subject words also in brief display

We would like to have the option to show subject words in the brief display mode. This would help users determine if hits are relevant faster.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Create facets for more MaRC fields (Location and Format)

Right now in our Aleph-Primo system, we cannot search for books in Primo with the specificity we need and are used to in the Aleph OPAC. Location or loan period and format (within books) would help our patrons.

We regularly have patrons ask for "books they can take home," i.e. physical, non-reserve books. Filters could allow us to produce these results. We also can't easily pull up just physical books or just books from our special K-12 collection (which have a unique location and loan period).

Whether you add the ability to include any MaRC fields or just these particular…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add option for user to have his/hers account deleted

With the upcoming EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) the right to be forgotten will be imperative. We suggest that an "Delete my account" button is added to the My account space in Primo.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. sort order for result list

Dear all,

in the new UI in Primo exist only the sort order year (ascending). Please add the sort order descending (oldest on top).

Best Regards

Michael Voss

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Update the Primo RSS feed channel link to point to NUI, not the classic interface

Although this is a small issue this is confusing whenever we dispay a Primo RSS feed through a widget to our end users . I submitted this to support and was told that I should consider posting it on Ideas Exchange instead.

To see a sample alert RSS feed from our instance: https://senecacollege-primo.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/primo_library/libweb/newRss?rssId=1730438767&queryTerm=Concrete%20slabs%20--%20Design%20and%20construction&vid=01SENC&ver=2_1_4

<channel><link> goes to https://senecacollege-primo.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/primo_library/libweb/action/search.do?vid=01SENC

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add a checkbox to the Resource Sharing form to show errors when searching

Our institution feels it would be beneficial to have a checkbox on the resource sharing form that allows a patron to select if they encountered an error when searching for an article/book. Often there are articles that will not open or maybe link to the wrong item. We want the patron to be able to let the library staff know they encountered a problem and are now requesting the text via ILL. This allows library staff to easily see what information the patron was trying to access and then troubleshoot why they were not able to access it.
    This checkbox…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Reserve a Study Place

We would like to give to the patrons the possibilty to reserve a study place, As a user could reserve a seat for the cinema we would like to give to the patron the possibility to reserve a seat in our library

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Improve filtering when searching in Journals

When we try to filter by year for a journal with multiple locations, it goes to a screen that doesn't contain the filtered year. The search can end up looping back and forth, and one ends up having to click to find more items rather than getting to the year requested. Here is a document describing the situation, with screen shots:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hWFCi0Rw1-Pchdgdd3vOIt8egy-5U945G3uwO5JrHV0/edit?usp=sharing

I'm attaching the file in Word in case the shared document cannot be accessed. Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make users more aware of results found in other search profile slots/ tabs

In most Primos, users can search in different search profile slots (Primo VE) or tabs (Primo with a BO), e.g. Library Catalogue, PCI, Everything. However, our users do not switch a lot between the different slots/tabs. The majority performs the whole session in the same slot/tab. In order to make the users more aware of the different slot/tabs and the different content in them, we suggest that on top of the results list the number of results in every defined slot/tab should be displayed. The displayed information should be a link, so that the users can easily switch to the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Reinstate asterisk wild card search

We used to be able to use an asterisk (*) for searching in advanced search combined with other pre-search filters such as language or material type. This was great for finding all titles in a particular language or all titles in a particular format. This has been removed. Please bring it back!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Edit Labels of Primo Saved Items

It would be good to change the text of an existing label(s) used on saved items.

For instance to be able to change a label from "ethics" to "research ethics".

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base