Primo

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Primo by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add option for user to have his/hers account deleted

With the upcoming EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) the right to be forgotten will be imperative. We suggest that an "Delete my account" button is added to the My account space in Primo.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Add a checkbox to the Resource Sharing form to show errors when searching

Our institution feels it would be beneficial to have a checkbox on the resource sharing form that allows a patron to select if they encountered an error when searching for an article/book. Often there are articles that will not open or maybe link to the wrong item. We want the patron to be able to let the library staff know they encountered a problem and are now requesting the text via ILL. This allows library staff to easily see what information the patron was trying to access and then troubleshoot why they were not able to access it.
    This checkbox…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Enable configuration of Permalinks to open a tab that gives access to an item

Permalinks currently open into the detail tab in Primo.

Our users have expressed a preference for the permalink to open into a screen which would give them access to the item i.e. either the getit or view it tab.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add filter to eliminate items already pinned from search results

Provide a filter that would eliminate items that are already 'pinned' from the search results so that when people have many items pinned and they search on their topic, they have the ability to view only the items they haven't already pinned.
    (Our graduate students really like the pinning feature.)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Cutting and Pasting Search Strategies following a PRIMO search

As a reference librarian, I regularly include a copy of a my strategy with a hypertext link to the search in an email or Google Doc. There is a nice summary of the strategy above the search in PRIMO, but I can't copy it well; it needs a lot of editing if pasted.

In my search history, it is a hyper-link and when I highlight it to copy, it tends to re-run the link.

The alternatives are too share a link (the links too searches are too long -- a short link may work) or to do a screen capture…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Create facets for more MaRC fields (Location and Format)

Right now in our Aleph-Primo system, we cannot search for books in Primo with the specificity we need and are used to in the Aleph OPAC. Location or loan period and format (within books) would help our patrons.

We regularly have patrons ask for "books they can take home," i.e. physical, non-reserve books. Filters could allow us to produce these results. We also can't easily pull up just physical books or just books from our special K-12 collection (which have a unique location and loan period).

Whether you add the ability to include any MaRC fields or just these particular…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Include the 776 field in ISBN matching when deduping books

Deduping of books would be improved if the deduping algorithm included the 776 field in ISBN matching. Currently, the algorithm only checks the 020 field for ISBN. In many cases, an electronic version of a book has the print ISBN in the 776 field, which would allow for a match of the electronic 776 to the print 020. The February VE release included an improvement that allowed the 776 field to be used when matching journal ISSNs, but it is still not being used when matching book ISBNs.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. loan history lookup option

Loan history lookup options, such as, a search box, a year select box or a slider (of the return date), would be helpful for the users having hundreds of loan history records.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enable configuration of Permalinks to open a tab that gives access to an item

Permalinks currently open into the detail tab in Primo.

Our users have expressed a preference for the permalink to open into a screen which would give them access to the item i.e. either the getit or view it tab.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make citation trail available in the pinned/saved records list and in full records accessed from the saved records list.

Currently when a user pins or saves an article that has a citation trail, the citation trail does not display in the saved/pinned titles list. When the user accesses the full record from their saved records list the citations trail does not display in the full record either. This is problematic for researchers etc. who may save a number of records without realizing they will lose access to the citation trail. Please make the citations trail available in the saved records list and in full records accessed from the saved records list.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Would it be possible to add an icon or facet in the search filters for open source?

I am trying to encourage the use and teach with open source materials. If these materials could be easy to spot and/or sorted for it would greatly facilitate their use and knowledge that they exist.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Enable renewal of interlibrary loans via My Library Account

It is confusing to users that they can renew some items on loan to them via My Library Account, but not inter-library loans. We would like a configurable Renew option available for inter-library loans in My Library Account. If a user clicked this option, the request for renewal from the user would populate a tasklist in Alma for resource sharing staff to action. If staff proceed to request a renewal from the lending partner, the workflow should connect so that the response and the updated due date flows back through to My Library Account. Currently all renewal requests for interlibrary…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Introduce Nested Faceting in "Refine My Results"

Currently, it is possible to create new facets in the "Refine My Results" section with a little bit of work. Is there a way that nested facets could be introduced to this section? For example, there might be a facet titled "video" with the option of expanding this to introduce sub-facets like DVD, VHS, Film, Bluray, eVideo, etc. Or, under the facet "book" we would have the option of expanding this to introduce sub-facets like print book, eBook, Thesis/dissertation, Microform, Large print, Braille book, etc.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add F1000 as a citation export option

Please provide the option of adding F1000 to the citation export choices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. android app

I really need a PRIMO android app! when I go to search the books in the library, I have to email from primo to my email acccount. an app would make searching the books so easy.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Subject words also in brief display

We would like to have the option to show subject words in the brief display mode. This would help users determine if hits are relevant faster.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. User management - Admin User can make a default "Patron has institutional record" as "Yes" or "No"

There is no possibility for an Admin User to set up the external or internal user account to be a default value (in "Patron has institutional record" as "Yes" or "No"). As we mostly create user accounts for our organization, we would like to have "Yes" as a default value. The settings update is currently considered as enhancement.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Como generar listado de búsqueda completa descargable

Estimados, al realizar búsqueda en Primo queremos descargar listado del resultado de la búsqueda completa, descargar o imprimir listado de todos los resultados.
    Formato excel o csv.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Actions - email record function - Please give indication an email has been sent

When emailing a record (via Actions - email ) it would be great if there was some indication that an email was sent. We often get several emailed records from clients regarding the same item – and one has mentioned it would be great to know it’s been successfully sent. Currently the pop box for entering email details just disappears once submitted.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to save phone number in "my account"

I would love it if I could save my phone number in my account so I don't have to type it in every time to send a record to my phone.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base