Primo

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Primo by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

How can we improve Primo?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Restrict discoverability of e-resources for walk in users to those resources they are licenced to use

We're looking to restrict the discoverability of electronic resources for walk in users to those resources they are licenced to use.

Ideally, Primo would identify that the walk in users were from a certain IP range and in combination with an Alma licence
    condition which allowed walk-in use to the resources, it would allow them to discover the resource.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. warning message when unpinning a record from the favorites page

It would be very useful if upon clicking on the unpin icon in the favorites screen, Primo will display a warning message stating that the user is about to delete the marked record/s.
    Currently, clicking willingly or inadvertently on the unpin icon will immediately and irreversibly delete the record/s.

124 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow admin to select in what order Resource Types are displayed

Currently the Resource Types can only be arranged alphabetically or by count (how often the type appears in search results). We would like to be able to preference certain types above others (for example, books, ebooks, articles...over things like Text Resources. So that for any search, the Resource Types are always arranged the same way and in a way that is most helpful for users.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to add labels for saved record/favorites in brief view

Currently, one has to go the favorites menu, search the record in the list and categorize via labels.

It would be nice when user could perform a search and categorize/labels favorite records directly in the brief view.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Searchable field codes

I would like to suggest that Primo develops to support searchable field codes. In several databases it's possible to specify which field you want to search by writing abbreviations of field codes before the search terms in the search box. For example, AU =jonson, TI = digital photography, JN = journal of advanced nursing and so on.

I know that Advanced search can target specific fields, but it would be useful to be able to search with field codes in the primo default search box.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The option to search the contents of My Collection/My Favorites

Feedback from postgraduate Primo user:
    "I tend to save anything that looks interesting to My Collection, but now there is a lot there. I have arranged into folders, but still it would be useful to be able to search through the collection, rather than having to search the whole library."

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Improve usability of exclude/include facet options

Based on recent usability testing of the new UI we have found that our users appeared to be confused about how to include and exclude facet options from their results set. One of the main pain points seemed to be that they did not know that they were able to exclude a specific facet option (for example to exclude English items from the results set most of our users ticked all options under the language facet other then English rather then just excluding the English option).

At the moment the option to exclude only appears when someone hovers over the…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add SMS/text for Primo VE 'Send To' options

Users would like to text themselves call numbers/ catalog records. Please consider adding this option to the Primo VE 'Send to' options

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Saved Records download in Excel / CRV format

In PRIMO add an option to save results in a tab-delimited format (as in ALMA).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Option to request multiple volumes

Currently, users who wish to request multiple volumes of a set or journal must submit individual requests for each volume. In practice, though, users frequently want multiple volumes. Our institution has the bulk of our collection in remote storage, so we get a lot of requests of this nature. I would love to see a checkbox option in Primo where users could check off all of the items they want, rather than submitting a separate request for each. Obviously this would need to send the appropriate request to Alma or whatever other system people might be using; I understand that…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Sort purchase requests in Primo, by newest

It would be really helpful if user were able to sort their purchase requests in Primo by purchase-request creation date newest. Now Primo shows their purchase requests sorted by oldest, normally the user wants to see the follow up of the most recent.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The "my account" feature in Primo shows other institutions even if no holdings are checked out--these are schools whose holdings have bee

The "my account" feature in Primo shows other institutions even if no holdings are checked out--these are schools whose holdings have been viewed by the user only. We'd like to ONLY display other schools in this area unless the user has items requested or checked out.

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. my account - loans sort options

User should be able to sort their loans not only by title and due date, but also by author, location, maximum renewal date and status (renewable or not) -> all columns shown should be sortable.

108 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make hyphenated compound searchable as closed compound

Hyphenated compounds are indexed for search as open compounds in Primo when "remove hyphens" option is enabled.

In German language it is also very common to concatenate them as closed compounds, thus creating a single word without spaces or hyphens. This variant should be indexed for search as well.

Example:
    "Passagen-Werk" (hyphenated compound)
    • at the moment also finds "Passagen Werk" (open compound) when "remove hyphens" option is enabled
    • at the moment does not find "Passagenwerk" (closed compound) but should be able to find this!!

95 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make Publisher an Indexable Field that Can be Searched or Scoped in Primo

Many of our users like to search by publisher to find new materials or a particular edition--it would be helpful if that field could at least be picked up by keyword search.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Create a link for users to report an issue

There are some institutions that have added functionality where users can report a problem for a specific record. It would be great if this could be offered through Primo. Users would click on an icon to report their issue. In the back office, there would be the option to configure the url for the hyperlinked icon. It would be even better to add logic where you could configure the link in relation to the type of record (CZ, NZ, IZ). This builds on the idea on reporting an issue for CZ records.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Optimize call number Advanced Search

Currently you can conduct an advanced call number search, but there are a few issues with it:

-It doesn't properly search the entry as a call number like the Browse function does. It treats it like a regular word which results in severely incomplete results. For example, if I do advanced search > call number > contains > MT, I receive 90 results, though we have 3,578 items with call numbers that begin with MT.

-The only way to see a mostly accurate number of holdings is to search partial numbers + an asterisk. For example, MT* returns most of…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow Barcode Copying in Primo

We would like to be able to have the barcode information not get automatically re-hidden so that we can copy barcodes from Primo. This would be particularly helpful for quick reference without having to enter Alma.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Primo - Pay Fines Link - don't show when there are no fines

The Pay Fines in Library Card/Account section of Primo displays even when a user has no fines.

Clicking the link takes the user through to our payment provider allowing them to attempt to pay a fine/fee of zero.

It would be a notable improvement to the user experience if this link only displayed when there was actually a fine/fee to be paid.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Author/Title Index in Browse Search

Every library catalog I have ever used has included an Author/Title index which searches headings combining author/creator name and uniform title. The index usually includes:
    * 100/240
    * 110/240
    * 111/240
    * 700 where $$t is present
    * 710 where $$t is present
    * 711 where $$t is present
    * 800 where $$t is present
    * 810 where $$t is present; and
    * 811 where $$t is present

I have included screenshots of how this browse search works in the Library of Congress' system, using "Shakespeare, William" as a search term.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base