Primo

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Primo by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Collection Discovery: search in all sub-collections

We would like to allow the user to use the Collection Discovery interface also for discovery. Currently, it is only possible to search at the collection level. It is important to enabling a search across all levels of all collections as the user cannot know in which collection/sub-collections to search for needed items.
    Following are a couple of user stories:
    * We have various collections of photos. We would like to allow the user to search across the various collections and sub-collections for the pictures of the Knossos temple. We have relevant photos in two different sub-collections.
    * We would…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. APA citation 7th edition

Currently, the Primo Action functionality allows for APA 6th citation style. In order to benefit students, we would like to include the APA (American Psychological Association) 7th edition as a possible citation style.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. My Account - Previous/Historic Requests

Our previous resource sharing system allowed clients to view previous/historic Requests however Primo only allows active resource sharing Requests to be tracked and viewed. Can the functionality available for Primo's My Account Loans view please also be applied to Requests so previous/historic requests can also be viewed by clients.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Restrict discoverability of e-resources for walk in users to those resources they are licenced to use

We're looking to restrict the discoverability of electronic resources for walk in users to those resources they are licenced to use.

Ideally, Primo would identify that the walk in users were from a certain IP range and in combination with an Alma licence
    condition which allowed walk-in use to the resources, it would allow them to discover the resource.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add a checkbox to the Resource Sharing form to show errors when searching

Our institution feels it would be beneficial to have a checkbox on the resource sharing form that allows a patron to select if they encountered an error when searching for an article/book. Often there are articles that will not open or maybe link to the wrong item. We want the patron to be able to let the library staff know they encountered a problem and are now requesting the text via ILL. This allows library staff to easily see what information the patron was trying to access and then troubleshoot why they were not able to access it.
    This checkbox…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. android app

I really need a PRIMO android app! when I go to search the books in the library, I have to email from primo to my email acccount. an app would make searching the books so easy.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Virtual Browse Improvements

We see great value in Primo’s virtual browse and would like to see it improved. As more libraries move physical collections offsite it is critical to provide comparable discovery and browse experiences in our online environments.

First, we would like to be able to embed the virtual browse into other places like our own library website or Springshare’s Libguides. This would increase visibility and usage of the virtual browse.

Second, we would like the user to be able to start a virtual browse by using a keyword or call number search.

Third, we would like the virtual browse to support…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. My Favourites/ My Favorites: Drag and drop labels to saved items

It would be helpful to users if they could drag and drop existing labels to add them to records they've 'pinned' in My Favourites.

Once you have a large number of pinned items and labels drag and drop would be quicker and easier than opening the 'edit labels' block for each record.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. My Library Account: add Recalled Loans Tab

It would be very beneficial for library patrons to be able to view their recalled loans, at a glance, when checking their library account in Primo; please could you add a Recalled Loans tab to the Overview section of My Library Account

128 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Include the 776 field in ISBN matching when deduping books

Deduping of books would be improved if the deduping algorithm included the 776 field in ISBN matching. Currently, the algorithm only checks the 020 field for ISBN. In many cases, an electronic version of a book has the print ISBN in the 776 field, which would allow for a match of the electronic 776 to the print 020. The February VE release included an improvement that allowed the 776 field to be used when matching journal ISSNs, but it is still not being used when matching book ISBNs.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Update the Primo RSS feed channel link to point to NUI, not the classic interface

Although this is a small issue this is confusing whenever we dispay a Primo RSS feed through a widget to our end users . I submitted this to support and was told that I should consider posting it on Ideas Exchange instead.

To see a sample alert RSS feed from our instance: https://senecacollege-primo.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/primo_library/libweb/newRss?rssId=1730438767&queryTerm=Concrete%20slabs%20--%20Design%20and%20construction&vid=01SENC&ver=2_1_4

<channel><link> goes to https://senecacollege-primo.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/primo_library/libweb/action/search.do?vid=01SENC

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Displaying the pre-filters used, as the used facets are dispalyed

It would be very useful to display the pre-filters used in Primo New UI (from both simple search screen - as of May release and advanced search screen). Pre-filters used should be displayed in the brief results list just as the facets used are displayed, at the top of the column. Thus the patron can always see and be aware of all the active filters in the session

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. loan history lookup option

Loan history lookup options, such as, a search box, a year select box or a slider (of the return date), would be helpful for the users having hundreds of loan history records.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Sort purchase requests in Primo, by newest

It would be really helpful if user were able to sort their purchase requests in Primo by purchase-request creation date newest. Now Primo shows their purchase requests sorted by oldest, normally the user wants to see the follow up of the most recent.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Provide PCI collection batch updator (e.g. uploading .xlsx files, etc.)

PCI collections can be activated/inactivated one by one manually. It's too time-consuming and inefficient to repeat search-click-tick-back-search-again.
    Please provide a batch update function, such as, uploading an .xlsx file, etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Notes in My Favourites

Classic interface Primo offered a Note bubble in eShelf, that allowed users to annotate their references. Something our students have found useful.

The new interface however, neither contains migrated eShelf Note bubble data, or alternative functionality to capture annotations.

Labels can be used as a workaround, but this isn't really the functionality our students seek.

I invite others to comment and support this idea.

Thanks

Wayne

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Aleph patron setting - "force change password at the first login" in Primo (Privacy and security of personal data)

Aleph doesn't have a Parameter or a flag on the patron record to "force the Password change at the first Login". This is a security Problem, related GDPR and privacy of personal data. Users must be force to change their Password at the first Login. Please consider implementing this Feature in Aleph.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. sort order for result list

Dear all,

in the new UI in Primo exist only the sort order year (ascending). Please add the sort order descending (oldest on top).

Best Regards

Michael Voss

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Option to request multiple volumes

Currently, users who wish to request multiple volumes of a set or journal must submit individual requests for each volume. In practice, though, users frequently want multiple volumes. Our institution has the bulk of our collection in remote storage, so we get a lot of requests of this nature. I would love to see a checkbox option in Primo where users could check off all of the items they want, rather than submitting a separate request for each. Obviously this would need to send the appropriate request to Alma or whatever other system people might be using; I understand that…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. warning message when unpinning a record from the favorites page

It would be very useful if upon clicking on the unpin icon in the favorites screen, Primo will display a warning message stating that the user is about to delete the marked record/s.
    Currently, clicking willingly or inadvertently on the unpin icon will immediately and irreversibly delete the record/s.

122 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base