Primo

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Primo by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display twitter and messages in the third column

Summon allows us to display messages and Twitter in the third column. Please can Primo be made to do this?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →
  2. marcit loads of e-journals should have a peer-reviewed/open-access subfield

Since there is no sfx ideas exchange, I will post this idea here since there is no trigger/flag for open access or peer-reviewed as part of the MARCIt profile. This would be helpful for journal loads. Seems to me that if you're sitting on the article data, you might be able to flag the journal record within the marcit profile, no?

Thanks,
    Allen

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. my account

We would like users to be able to see historic fine payments in My Account, to reduce confusion over what payments had already been made.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Filter out the default search result titles with the status "Citation Available" which don't have full text available under PCI

We expect the default search results of PCI contain full text titles only. But we found there are result titles which don't have full text with the status "citation available" (e.g. in the collection RAMBI, http://www.lib.ouhk.edu.hk/primo-explore/fulldisplay?docid=TN_rambi000465453&context=PC&vid=ouhk&lang=en_US&search_scope=pc_gs_ebook_ebsco_scope&adaptor=primo_central_multiple_fe&tab=pga_tab&query=any,contains,RAMBI&sortby=rank&facet=domain,include,RAMBI%20-%20%D7%A8%D7%9E%D7%91%27%27%D7%99&offset=0). We hope the no-full-text titles be filtered out.

William Wai-yan NG
    Assistant Librarian II
    The Open University of Hong Kong
    Tel: (852) 2768 6755

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Embed Advanced Search on Browse/Journal search pages

We have had requests to include the Advanced Search on the Browse and A-Z pages. If one wants to run an Advanced Search one has to return to a new (basic search) search and then click Advanced Search. I had submitted a SF case but the response was that this is not a functionality available in Primo. We believe this would improve usability.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Active Links in Journal Record when Searching in Journals

Currently when you search for a journal in a general search the full record will have links to the author, subject heading, etc. When you use the actual Journal Search this links are not available. It would be nice to have active links in this record as well.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sort favorites by call number

We'd like to be able to configure the sort-by options for favorites. We'd specifically like to be able to sort favorites by call number.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Show "multiple sources" in PCI records, instead of hiding the field

When more sources provide PCI with the description for the same bibliographic entity, in Primo Details tab no source is specified.
    If the library doesn't have access to all the involved sources, the field is missing and no "View all versions" link is available.
    A compromise could be to always show Source: multiple sources or something like that, instead of totally suppressing the field.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add more citation styles to Primo VE

I propose to add JEL (Journal of Economic Literature) citation style to support researchers in Finance and Economics.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sorting in My Bookshelf

Currently My Bookshelf doesn't offer any functionality to allow you to order items.

It would be useful to be able to order items e.g. by Title, Author, Added, Type etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Why is ExL using a large X as a navigation tool in the new UI?

When I first came across this X, I thought it was a coding fault. It does not seem (to me) intuitive that you should click on it to return to the previous screen. A small x on the top RH corner of the open window would make more sense.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Virtually browse by category of locations

We would like to have the function to allow patron virtually browsing category of locations, so that patron can realize which location they are browsing. We have some special shelf which is out of side the library of congress call number arrangement.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add Show Actions icons to My Favorites

Option to add all the Show Actions icons to display on My Favorites, or at least some icons such as the print and e-mail icons, instead of just the ...

Please see screen capture attached.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to restrict number of characters displayed in Description field

In the Detailed Results, it would be good to have the ability to configure the Description field so that it displays only a certain number of characters by default, while also allowing users to expand the field to get the full description (similar to the way the Summary field in Syndetics Unbound works).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Primo New UI - EBSCO API - filter out no-full-text Item

We have set up a mixed search results of Primo PCI and EBSCO API. In the Primo new UI, The search results are supposed to show only full-text available materials. But we found some result items of EBCSO API are without full-text. We would like to the results items without full-text from EBSCO API be removed in the new UI in a full-text search while the no-full-text item be shown after clicked "Expand beyond library collections" . See the attachment "PCI&EBSCIAPIMixingProblem.docx" for details

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Primo new UI - My Account - Title List - adding a link to all the titles

In the Primo new UI, we would like to have URLs on each title list in My Account, linking to the full record in the new UI. Pls see the attachment for screen capture.

William NG
    Assistant Librarian II, The Open University of Hong Kong

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Reinstate timeout url in Primo New UI

We would like Primo to timeout to our Library home page instead of the Primo homepage. This was possible in the Classic UI but is not available in the new UI. Please make the Timeout URL option work in the new UI

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Link to record from list of requests in myAccount

There should be a link to the record from the to the list of requests in myAccount. At the moment there ist only a link to the details of the request (screenshot attached), and a user is forced to search the title again.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Primo New UI : Allow OTB ordering of full record display sections

The New UI does not allow libraries to easily configure the order of the sections in the full record display.
    We would like an Out of the Box solution to re-order the full record display.

For example: We would like to move the ViewIt section to the top, and move the Actions sections to sit after the Details section.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base