Primo

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Primo by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatically open to full display when there is only one result for the search.

When a Primo search finds an exact match (only one record displays in the search results list), it would be useful (and reduce clicks) if the record automatically opened to the full display. If a user knows exactly what they're looking for, the interim (brief) display is unnecessary. A direct link to the full display is currently only possible from a permalink. The permalink contains the publishing id which is not available from Alma APIs, analytics or source record. Search urls using the source record id should automatically open to the full display.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Return to search results from favorites space

there should be a "return to search results" in the prm-favorites-toolbar in the same way there is the a return to search results for "my account"

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add a true "exact" search to Advanced search type

The available search types do not include a true "exact" search, where the results inlcude the query term(s) *and only* the query term(s). This type of search is very useful for one-word queries, especially when it is a common word. Using "begins with" in these situations can still result in dozens of results. We can construct a search, but it's not something the average user would know how to do, e.g.:

Title begins with intervention
    NOT
    Title begins with intervention?

This is a convoluted construction, and we'd prefer a true "is exactly" search type.

307 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add 245 subfield c to Primo display

Please add the 245 subfield c to the display in Primo. It does display in Alma. In the example below, you are not able to determine the author/creator's responsibility for the work - Author vs. forward vs. photographer.

https://cmog.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/discovery/fulldisplay?docid=alma991302983504126&context=L&vid=01CORNING_INST:01CORNING_INST&search_scope=MyInstitution&tab=LibraryCatalog&lang=en

We would love to have more granularity in general for what fields/subfields display in Primo for our specific institution.

Thank you!

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. List of Loans - Indicate if item is Requested

It should be possible to indicate in the patron's List of Loans in the Library Account whether an item is requested, otherwise, it is not clear if the due date is sooner than on other loans because it is a Reserved item or because it was Requested by another reader.

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add wording to Advanced Search Box

Currently, unlike the Basic Search box, one cannot add wording in the Advanced Search box in the new Primo UI, like "Enter search terms", which is confusing as users don't know that they need to click in the first Advanced Search box to start searching. Even moving the cursor to the first Advanced Search box would help.

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan Edwards
    Digital Access and Systems Librarian
    Getty Digital – Collection Management Systems
    Getty Research Institute
    1200 Getty Center Drive, Suite 1100
    Los Angeles, CA 90049-1688
    reedwards@getty.edu

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →
  7. Make the result list look ok when printed by adding a print stylesheet

Yes, sometimes you actually want to make a print copy of the result list :) But if you try that (with the new UI), the result is a complete mess. I just tried printing a result with 5 results, expecting them to fit into one page. Instead I got three pages, and two of the results disappeared altogether.

To make the result list look ok when printed, we need a print stylesheet. Of course every Primo customer can spend hours trying to make their own, but it would be much better if Primo could ship with a default stylesheet that…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Adding reset button to the volume filter in the GetIt tab

The filter in the GetIt tab allows users to filter the display of the volumes by year, volume or description.
    It would be helpful to add a reset button that will reset the values chosen and display all values available.
    Currently, in order to reset the values in the fields chosen the patron must click on the arrow for the drop-down menu of each field (year, volume, description) and choose the value ALL

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Display Interface Display Label

Have the ability to configure the Display Interface Display Logic label to display if an item is loanable, library use only, etc based on the patron who logins in or a guest viewer.

Currently by default the labels will show 'loanable' in the Display Interface Display Logic configuration. It's only possible to configure the label for all guests.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Filter out the titles with the status "Citation Available" which don't have fulltext available under PCI

Filter out the titles with the status "Citation Available" which don't have fulltext available under PCI

William Wai-yan NG
    Assistant Librarian II
    The Open University of Hong Kong
    Tel: (852) 2768 6755

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. direct links to HTML/PDF content in brief display within search results

For any provider that has direct links to HTML or PDF content, I believe that link should be somewhere in the brief display area right over the sendTo actions.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add option to view complete authority records in Primo

Primo does not show the complete authority record. In Aleph the end user could see the authority record through the link from Primo to the OPAC. As ALMA has no such option the end user has no way of seeing the complete authority record with all the RDA fields. If the complete authority record is displayed, not only some of the fields, the end user can find important information about the author with one click.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Print and email options in Primo do not contain important holding data from Alma iframe

See this example:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/1aQ3ev3zphx

In the example above the important holding information of 2016 latest edition only is not present in the info emailed or printed if the user selections either of those options in Primo

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Option to e-mail clients Saved Searches

It will be very useful to share Saved Searches with another client by having an e-mail option available in the My Favourites > Saved Searches section in Primo, in the same way the e-mail option is available for Saved Records.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. My Account - Previous and Historic Loans

For privacy reasons, many libraries disable the tracking of historic loans.

But when a client is signed into Primo, has items on their account, and goes to the Loans page of My Account, there is a drop-down with an option to choose to display either "active loans" or "previous and historic loans". It is redundant to have that second option there, since we have disabled it. There should be a way in Primo Back Office to hide that.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Accessibility Menu

Primo need Accessibility Menu Plugin

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Tagging a Pinned item - stop forcing the entire page to reload each time

Paraphrased omment from one of our patrons:
    - When I tag something I have pinned, the entire page has to refresh- which means it jumps all over as images come in etc and can take up to 5 seconds to fully load. Not all browsers act the same. Chrome gets me close to where I was while FireFox is a Magic 8 ball. One time I land back at the record I just tagged, the next, I am 6 records up the list. I'm working my way through my list trying to organize my articles for a lit review -…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A-Z eBook functionality (similar to eJournals A-Z + databases A-Z)

We're in the process of implementing Alma/Primo (at present we're Summon clients). Per Inna Ilinskaya, there is no equivalent ejournals/databases A-Z functionality for ebooks in Primo. This is something that our users have become accustomed to in using Summon. Inna recommended that we post this as an enhancement.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Table of Contents Display

It would be nice to have the table of contents field (505) formatted in a more user friendly manner within PrimoVE. In Voyager there was a rule that converted the ' -- ' to <LF><CR> (which is 'Enter').

I have attached examples of how it displays in our Voyager OPAC vs PrimoVE.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Display virtual browse by shelf mark as default (without mouse-over)

The new PRIMO Ui virtual browse has changed the display of the shelf mark information. You need to do a mouse-over to see the shelf mark. The suggestion is to make shelf mark display as default (as in the old UI), publication year as an option in back office or maybe have both shelf mark and publication year on different rows (without mouse-over solution).
    1. Will all users understand it’s a mouse-over solution here?
    2. Will all users be able to display the shelf mark with mouse-over? Compatible with all major web browsers? The mouse over doesn’t work in Safari…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base