Alma

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Alma by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Give institutions the ability to have local versions of user roles

We have just gone live and I'm setting up accounts for our liaison librarians. I'd like to create a copy of the Purchase Request Operator role to use with liaisons. I'd like fewer permissions than the canned version but I can't have ExL edit the current one because other staff need the role as it is currently. I think we should be able to make a local version of a user role that can then be edited without changing the canned user role. That or just let us keep the Selector role so I can have that edited.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Add Editions link-type facility to All Titles Persistent Search results

When searching for a specific barcode using All Titles Persistent Search and the search result appears on screen, would it be possible for there to be a link next to the Edition statement (i.e. the 250 field contents) which links to the results for all editions of the title in question?

In addition, would it be possible for that link to the results for all editions to appear in the search results when Physical Items Persistent Search is used instead, even though there is of course no Edition statement shown in such instances?

There are many instances during the course…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Create exceptions for "Closed Library Due Date Management" Settings

We want to create exceptions for the "closed due date management" setting in our TOUs based on events in the calendar. For example, for single day exceptions such as for holiday closed dates like 4th of July, Memorial Day, etc., we want items due AFTER the exception, but for our month long winter break, we want everything due before the break begins so we can update our equipment and complete inventory over the break. Currently we have it set so the system moves the due time to the upcoming closing time, but we would prefer it to be after the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add Licensing Agent field to results info

It would be beneficial to have the Licensing Agent field included in the columns when viewing results in license searches. Currently the License Code is present, but including the Licensing Agent field would be very useful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make a Reserve Request type in Alma

Make a Reserve request type in Alma. That way the paging slip would flag it at the top in bold that it was an item to be processed for reserve. As it is now, we have to put reserve information in the notes section which is tiny font and hard for staff to see.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Package level order info required in Repository Search > Other details

It would be helpful if, when clicking on the Other details link on a particular Repository Search result title which shows no order information, it would indicate whether there was a related order at package level.

If we want to know whether we are entitled to the access, it may look at first as if we aren't because there's no order attached. However, the order may be at package level.

We are relaxed about the wording and place of that indication within the Other details balloon - maybe something like "Package Level Order" underneath "Requests/Work orders"?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. British Library ARTEmail needs author adding to this email

There is a significant problem which is for requests going to the British Library. The ARTEmail output from ALMA emailed to the British Library has the Author line missing. There we are receiving the wrong items, while we attempt to set up the BLDSS API.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Include prefixes in 035 repository search and creating set

Currently, when we do a repository search on Other System Number (035) with an identifier including a prefix, e.g. (EBL)165125, Alma would ignore the prefix and only match the remaining part of the identifier. That would result in retrieving incorrect record, e.g. record with (PQKBTitleCode)TC0000165125 in 035.

The same imprecise search also occurs when creating a set from a file with 035 field header. The prefixes are ignored and incorrect records are retrieved.

We would like the repository search on other system number and creating set with 035 field header to perform precise searches including the prefixes on the identifiers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Webhook for holdings

We have webhooks from Alma that can notify an external system when changes to items or bibs happen. We would like to have a webhook for changes to holdings. This would be helpful as we have an offsite storage system and we would like to update it as soon as items are switched to that location in Alma, so that when the items arrive there the external system has that update.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add percentage to reporting codes

Now that ExLibris has added the secondary and tertiary reporting codes, it would be really helpful to be able to add a percentage to each of the additional reporting codes so that PO lines and invoices will show the percentage split, just like the fund codes do. This would be especially helpful with ERP so invoices that are split across more than one reporting code/fund would not have to be dealt with manually.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow General Electronic Services links to populate the services menu

Currently, the only way for a link from one of our sources such as Web of Science through Primo to the resource is using the General Electronic Service (GES). The problem is that "No full text available" will display in the services menu. SFX had the ability to make the GES link display in the services menu. Is there a way to force the Proquest D&T GES link to display in the services menu instead of the "No full text available" message?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Link Resolver  ·  Admin →
  12. Activating Ebooks - moving the done button away from the delete button

Could you move the DONE button to the top of the list when activating ebooks? Having the DONE and DELETE buttons next to each other means it is easy to click on the wrong button by mistake.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Easier Removal from Large Itemized Sets

It would be helpful to be able to search within itemized sets and then remove undesired items in those search results. Right now the only way to find an item to remove from an itemized set is to browse through the set which can be unwieldy for large sets.

This search functionality (by title, ISSN and ISBN) already exists in other areas of Alma such as displaying a portfolio list for an electronic collection.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create a loan period that rounds reserves to the nearest hour

Rounding to the nearest hour with reserve loans makes it easier for the user to remember the time due to avoid fines. On the staff side, it is easier to manage bookings/holds.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. POL can support different currency

Currently, Alma can only support one currency for all POLs in one PO. We would like to Alma can allow POL to use different currency under same PO.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add renewal count to the fulfillment subject area of Analytics

Please add renewal count (the number of renewals allowed for a certain item policy and material type) to the Fulfillment subject area of Analytics.

Doing so will allow staff to create a Circulation Matrix from analytics that fully details circulation privileges for certain patron groups, material types, item policies, etc. Circulation staff frequently get phone calls from patrons requesting such information.

The attached Circulation Matrix is a handy way to answer circulation policy questions from patrons, except when they ask how many renewals they are allowed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Admin →
  17. Improve data entry and keyboard navigability

The basic keyboard navigability of the metadata modification interface(s) is disappointing so far.

I'm hoping I've just missed something, but I seem to be required to use the mouse to select controlled vocabulary items, and tabbing or using arrow keys to move through the deposit or asset doesn't seem to work at all. Dates can't be entered by typing, nor can I use the keyboard to navigate the calendar drop-down/pop-ups.

If I'm wrong, please point me to the source I need to improve my speed of navigation.

Using the mouse to point and click is not particularly quick, and oftentimes…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Digital Deposit Order Letters

Currently there are letters in Alma for legal deposit orders and legal deposit claims. We have legislation for digital legal deposit which requires a different order letter to be sent out to publishers. Even a generic letter configuration that could be sent to any vendor would be useful. All libraries could change the words as required.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. interface

When I split the screen, it would be nice if the background color of the record I'm working on was brighter than the opposite one.
    What do you think?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Purchase order line details (subscriptions)

Under the note tab gets filled up with "The PO Line has renewed automatically on (renewal date) by the system" as each year passes. This note should be in the history tab. The note field should be about important information pertaining to the subscription only.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base