Skip to content

Alma

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Alma by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

210 results found

1. Unmerged Cells in Exported Lost/Missing List

I would like it if cells weren't merged when they're exported. Whenever I unmerge cells to sort my library's lost/missing list by call number, I always end up with about 30-40 items at the end whose titles and call numbers disappeared. I then have to individually search these for items in Alma by barcode and manually fill this information in, and resort the list. It would save about an hour or two of my time each month if duplicate entries weren't merged that way.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Differentiate Success & Warning colors in MDE

It would be nice to be able to configure the colors within the Metadata Editor, specially when it comes to the success, warning and error messages. The warning messages seem to have the same color as the success messages that makes less obvious if they are very valid warning messages to look at.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Change duplicate icons in MD editor

In MD editor, the icons for "view bibliographic record" and "view inventory" are identical. Could one of these icons be changed?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Copy text (click and drag) one time only in metadata editor

Within the metadata editor, if you want to copy text by clicking and dragging to highlight, the highlight disappears as soon as you finish dragging. You have to re-highlight the text and then you can right click on the text to copy. A small matter, but it would be nice to avoid repeating an action.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It was very usefull to have a list on a subfield and not only on a field, especially on 606

It is desirable to have in Alma the functionality that Alpeh offered with F$, that is to retrieve, when calaoguing, the list on a subfields (not only on a field), especially on 606 (subject terms and not only subject strings)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Link the "record has match" text alert in metadata editor

In the metadata editor, when a record has a match in the repository, link the text alert to open the matching record.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Mask non-individualized GND entries in F3 lookup for fields 100 / 700

The GND contains two types of authority records for persons: Individualized records denoting an identifiable individual and non-individualized ones containing personal names without distinguishing additional information.
    Our cataloging team wants to avoid using the latter. Make it possible to mask these entries in the F3 search index of the MARC fields 100 and 700, or to flag them so that they can be recognized immediately (without "expand"ing the list).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Refresh button on manage sets page

Please add a refresh button on the Manage Sets page. If a new set is created, it won't show up until I've reloaded the manage sets page. Something similar to the button on the Monitor and View Imports page would be great.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. read only view of bibliographic record information

There is a need to provide our faculty librarians with a role that allows for a read only view of the bibliographic record information.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Include pagination in brief display

After scanning all titles ISBN I have to open the bib record to check the pagination. Include pagination in brief results display so I (or a student worker) can go directly to the item to scan in the barcode.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. interface

When I split the screen, it would be nice if the background color of the record I'm working on was brighter than the opposite one.
    What do you think?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add a new item level material type for 78 rpm sound recordings

The only options for 78 rpm sound recordings currently are "sound recording" or "record (phonodisc)." There is a material type for LPs, so why not for 78s? This is very important for music libraries and archives. Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Access to the bibliographic access points of our own catalogue while editing a bibliographic record

When we edit a bibliographic record it's very useful to access and add to the record the different access points of our catalogue in order to avoid typing all the string of data, even if there is no authority record. For example: there is no authority records for all de free floating subdivisions of LCSH that we add to main SH

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow for multiple holdings records and item records to be opened at one time.

Sometimes, it's helpful to look at multiple holdings records at the same time to compare. It's also helpful to have the system open all of the item records for a holdings record at one time if you're gong to be doing minor changes to each one.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Improve data entry and keyboard navigability

The basic keyboard navigability of the metadata modification interface(s) is disappointing so far.

I'm hoping I've just missed something, but I seem to be required to use the mouse to select controlled vocabulary items, and tabbing or using arrow keys to move through the deposit or asset doesn't seem to work at all. Dates can't be entered by typing, nor can I use the keyboard to navigate the calendar drop-down/pop-ups.

If I'm wrong, please point me to the source I need to improve my speed of navigation.

Using the mouse to point and click is not particularly quick, and oftentimes…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Use 041 subfields $$p, $$q and $$r in Search Index Mapping

From the April 2019 update of Alma onwards, the Metadata Editor now recognises the following subfields in the 041 (language code) field:

$$p - language code of captions,
    $$q - language code of accessible audio,
    $$r - language code of accessible visual language (non-textual)

These were all added to MARC during 2018.

According to the MARC 21 Bibliographic Tag to Search Index Mapping table (https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Product_Documentation/010Alma_Online_Help_(English)/040Resource_Management/040Metadata_Management/180Search_Indexes/050MARC_21_Search_Indexes), the contents of these subfields do not as yet map to an advanced search of the Language (Title) index in Alma.

It occurs to us that the information contained in those subfields, albeit…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. New Metadata Editor: highlighting options vs filter/search options

In the left pane of the New Metadata Editor in the list of edited records, filter options and the search option "Search in list" are actually superfluous for everyday cataloguing work in the New Metadata Editor. In my opinion, they only make sense when systematically processing a large number of records (sets). It should be possible to collaps/expand them.

However, it would be helpful if individual entries could be highlighted in the navigation bar, e.g. in colour or with a symbol. This would make it possible to find a particular recording very quickly, e.g. if several recordings with homonymous titles…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. New Metadata Editor: collapse pop ups on mouse hover in list of records

On mouse hover on a record in the left pane on an entry/record opens pop-ups, which also covers a part of the editor window. In general, it should be possible to activate/deactivate pop-ups according to individual needs.

In repository search (and elsewhere) when you push a record to the new MDE it is possible to collapse these messages by default.

Please offer an option to collapse the pop ups on mouse hover in the list of records of the New Metadata Editor as well.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. New Metadata Editor - Search Resources, Merge Preview

In the new metadata editor, when you search external resources and select merge preview you cannot see this record next to the one that is already in the system. This is due to the fact that the "Search Resources" box remains active. In order to compare the records you really need to see them side by side. This was possible with the old metadata editor. Please see attached screenshots.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Merge & Combine inventory enhancement to allow the records the split screen editor use a drag and drop featuer

It would be great to have an easy way to change the primary bib record when using "Merge & Combine" in the new MDE. Implementing the ability to drag and drop the bib records in the split screen editor would allow users to more efficiently change which record is on the left-hand side (primary record)and which record is on the right-hand side (secondary record).

Currently, you need to close the primary record using the X so it remains in the record list, then click the split screen editor, and then open the record that was the primary record into the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base