Alma

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Alma by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When using the Excel tool, instead of results.xlsx, can Alma not name the item by the title of the search? For instance, if we're looking at

When using the tools function, instead of results.xlsx, could Alma not name the item by the title of the search? For instance, if we're looking at the set from a saved repository search, the Excel file could use the name of the set.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  2. Offer ISO1806 as a Date Format Option

When I am in Alma and looking at a lot of dates, I find YYYY-MM-DD faster to read and process, specifically the use of en-dash instead of forward slash. This format is also the ISO standard (https://www.iso.org/standard/40874.html). Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Avoid patrons from visiting the Alma top page

We found that there is a timing when internal users would access the Alma top page.
    In the following case:

If an internal user attempts to log in to Primo VE after his ID has expired, he will not be authorized.
    If he attempts to reset his password, it will be failed too, but it will take him to the Alma login page.

On the “The user is not authorized in Alma”screen, we suggest that each institution can choose whether to make the text (“Return to login page”) clickable or not.
    (Please find the attached file)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ajout de l'adresse de la Bibliothèque propriétaire de la demande annulée

Concernant la lettre d'Annulation d'une demande "FulCancelRequestLetter", au lieu d'avoir l'adresse de l'Institution, nous aimerions voir apparaître les coordonnées de la bibliothèque dont dépend le document demandé.
    Cela permet à l'usager d'avoir la possibilité de contacter la bibliothèque en cas d'annulation de demande de celle-ci.
    Bien cordialement

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ex Libris should use an online calendar for Alma, Primo, etc. release dates that can be subscribed to in popular calendar software

Ex Libris posts the Alma release schedule (for prod, sandbox, etc.) at https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/ReleaseNotes/0102019/AlmaReleaseSchedule-2019

This is great, but what would be even more useful is an online calendar that I can subscribe to in my calendar program of choice (MS Office 365, Apple Calendar app, etc.).

Even better - separate calendars for Alma, Primo, and other products that list release dates. As dates change, the calendar is automatically updated, etc.

This would be a great timesaver for System Admins who need to coordinate library work to avoid release windows, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. add additional reporting in payment confirmation job report

In the payment confirmation jobs report, add the ability to see which items had their status changed to paid and closed.

For comparison, if you look at the report we get when we send invoices for payment, there are three events that list everything in the file:

Failed while generating invoice XML
    Failed to move invoice on workflow
    Invoice processed successfully

If you click on "invoice processed successfully", it lists the invoice number and the price. We would like to see something similar with the payment confirmation job.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. globally update institution's email

Institutions should be able to update their contact info (e.g. specifically email address) globally and have it apply to all letters and notices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. we would like to set it to show the circulation desk of the library for the patron physical request item in Primo.

The current patron physical request item pickup in Primo is set to Library level, we would like to set it to show the circulation desk of the requested item. So it will be more convenient to our patron.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Upgrade internal XSLT processor

Copied from https://ideas.exlibrisgroup.com/forums/308179-rosetta/suggestions/31088020-upgrade-internal-xslt-processor

Currently ALMA seems to accept only XSLT 1.0 syntax for XSLT custom letter configuration files. This means we are deprived of the many goodies of XSLT 2.0 and 3.0:

• strong typing and XSD types

• XPATH 2.0 sequences

• XSL functions

• range variables

• regular expression matching and grouping

• URL encoding and decoding

• better value comparison

EXSLT 1.0 is not supported either, so whenever I try to do something more intelligent that some simple markup and string replacing, I hit the limits of XSLT 1.0. Trying to make decisions in your XSLT based on element values without regular expressions is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please fix these concerning mistranslations

Dear support

While creating the non-english versions of the powerpoint presentations for SLSP training, I ran into some concerning mistranslations. It almost looks like you used Google Translations to translate the English Terms in Alma to other languages.

For example, the English homonym "pass" was erroneously translated to "succeed" instead of "go by". This happened while translating to Italian and German (see attachement). I can only imagine how annoying that will be for librarians all over Switzerland when we go live with Alma this coming December.

I can imagine it's a known issue to the libraries you have been using…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  12. autofit

Adding an autofit for columns would help minimize wasted space for those who are comfortable with denser text or need to work with a relatively narrow screen. I think the most common form of the functionality is a double-click on the right border of a column to size it to fit content.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Parameter "Time" for Automatic Printing Rules

It would be great if you could add the parameter "time" in the rules for automatic printing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. roles

It would be helpful if there were a tool that lets you enter/select every task across all modules that you want the user to have access to, and then it will give you a suggestion of which permissions/roles would be most appropriate to assign them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Provide more display text options for physical related records

Although the Alma "Labels" table has multiple codes for use with electronic related titles, there's only one for physical related titles.

Specifically, there are separate viewit options for 773 (c.uresolver.viewit.relatedtypelist.PARTOF) and 774 (c.uresolver.viewit.relatedtypelist.CONTAINS) but a single getit option (c.uresolver.getit.relatedtitle_display) is used for both 773 and 774.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow dynamic values in (some) configuration fields

In some cases it would be helpful to be able to enter a dynamic value rather than a static text in a configuration field.

My current use case is configuration of FTP import profiles, where it would help with two different needs: avoid repeatedly having to adjust all import profiles after a sandbox refresh, and avoid having to create separate import profiles for each operator with the only difference being a personal Input directory.

As the import profile configuration doesn't use the centrally defined FTP profiles (another idea ...), after reloading the sandbox from the production environment all FTP import…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Socialize Alma

Enable users to see other users online, chat, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Use non-LC call numbers for journal categories

This affects Primo/PrimoVE; but the job is in Alma.

The new feature (as of Nov 2019) to browse a list of journals by category depends on the 050$a. This should be expanded to use the 055$a, 060$a, 070$a, 080$a, 082$a, 083$a, 084$a, 085$a, and 086$a. Additionally, libraries should be able to pick which of the subfields to use.

This is an example of the lack of support for non-LC libraries.

This idea cross-posted as Primo idea.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Create an "Ideas Meta" category for ideas on the tool itself

As an ExLibris customer, I would like a channel were I can submit my ideas on how the Idea Exchange tool could be improved, so that the tool can evolve for maximum benefit for both ExLibris and customers.

See Meta Stack Overflow as an example.

Currently I don't know an obvious place where I could submit this idea, which is why it ended up in Alma - Other ... The idea about a meta category thus exemplifies the need expressed in the idea itself. How meta is that? ;-)

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 6 7 9 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base