Alma

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Alma by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Column and/or filter for Privacy in Manage Sets

In Manage Sets it would be really helpful if there was a column to show if a set was Private or Not, and a filter for Privacy (Yes/No).

This would help when I'm trying to delete from "My Sets" or All Sets" tab. To make sure I don't break someone's business process I need to go into each set to check the privacy before I delete a set.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve the ease of reordering the Online Services Order and General Electronic Services Order tables

Currently, items in the General Electronic Services Order and Online Services Order tables need to be moved using up and down arrows. This can be very time-consuming if the tables contain numerous items. It would significantly improve the ease of use i, the items in this list could be resorted either through drag-and-drop or by moving a given item to a numbered slot in the table (similar to the Netflix interface).

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow keyboard shortcuts/hot keys to be configurable

Allow for the creation of keyboard shortcut/hot key profiles that will support re-mapping of shortcuts. Some of the preset shortcut are not currently available due to the removal of function keys by manufacturers.

stares at Apple

It would be a nice touch to let customers share the shortcut profiles among each other as well.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Not so much an idea more like a request

I would love to see more keyboard shortcuts like "Alt+B" throughout the system. Like in voyager I would love to able to use keyboard instead of the mouse. It would make my workflows so much more comfortable and faster.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  5. Custom hot keys for Quick Links items

Have hot keys / keyboard short cuts for the Quick Links items. For example Alt + 1,2,3, etc. depending on the order of the items on the top bar. That way you can add quick links to the functions you use the most, and then have keyboard short cut to that function.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  6. Access Different Desks

If you are working on a project in acquisitions and someone comes to the desk to check out a book, the acquisitions project must be scuttled in order to switch over to fulfillment. It would be great to have access to both desks at once (perhaps on different tabs) so that involved projects don't need to be randomly scuttled.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  7. A different colour scheme for Alma Sandbox

Currently, Alma (Sandbox) and Alma (Production) looks almost the same except for the tiny “Sandbox” wording under the Alma logo on the top left corner of the screen.
    It can be very misleading and it will be disastrous (and irreversible in some cases!) if I update the wrong records in Production.

You may want to consider to use a different colour scheme for the Sandbox login. Eg a “Alma Sandbox” logo with a red background.

Thank you.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  8. Reminder when opening hours are expiring

When you add standard opening hourse into the Library / Institution calendar it defaults to setting the expiry for the hours 3 years ahead. This is good but it would be useful to get a reminder to move them on when it's getting close to the expiry date.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  9. Add translation for Campus

We’d like to add translation for campus names.

Currently, we cannot set the translation for campus names as there is no “Translate information icon” in Alma Configuration > General > Libraries > Define Campuses menu.

Not-translated campus names appear not only in Alma but also in Primo VE. In the pickup locations list in the Primo VE Get It Request Form, campus names are displayed in English even if you choose interface language other than English.

For multilingual Primo VE sites, it is a must to translate all the patron-facing labels.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Thumbnail images

We have discovered that when we add a digital representations to existing permanent library records (e.g. with electronic or physical inventory), the thumbnail display from the digital representation becomes the thumbnail display in Primo VE instead of the book cover. This is obviously not the way we want this to behave.

Can we please have the 'Book'/Journal cover to display instead of the digital representation/file image?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. "Report a Bug" button

Yeah, the UI is slightly buggy and I'd like an ability to report these bugs, thanks.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add a print option to tables

Printing tables off in Alma can only be achieved by either printing the page (makes for poor results), or exporting to CSV and formatting that document.

Please see the attachment for my suggestion.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. copy opening hours between libraries

Since many libraries within an institution have the same exceptions to regular operating hours due to holidays and institution changes, please set up a way to copy the hours AND EXCEPTIONS from one library to another.

There are over 50 entries in the calendar management of opening hours to account for our annual changing hours with breaks, holidays, finals, intersessions, and semesters. Currently I must enter these 50+ entries for each library. Having a way to copy from one library to another would save hours of work.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Physical item count on home page

Please add a widget option to the home page that displays a simple current count of physical items. I should not have to create an analysis to get this basic information.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow for greater variety in the scheduling of export invoices.

Currently, there are only a handful of pre-defined choices for scheduling the invoice export. None of them fit the time our accounting department set aside to work with our invoices specifically. Please allow greater flexibility when selecting a time to export/import invoices, ex> 1500 hrs on Wednesdays.

This request comes as a result of Salesforce case #00574513.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. addressFrom in letter configuration: all emails should be sent from the same address

There are a few letters (like the "Interested In Letter"), for which not the addressFrom in the letter configuration is used, but the library address instead.

We would like all letters to be sent from the "addressFrom" in the letter configuration.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please reduce overall number of clicks

One huge disadvantage of Alma is its very click intensive ui. It is very hard to point out all sections where I'd like to see 'straighter' user guidance. I think, it is a general problem in working with Alma.

Please, please, please add more keyboard shortcuts and think about how you can reduce clicking in Alma.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. View the operator's name in the top corner in new UI

in the old UI, the operator's name is visible in the top right corner. This enables employees at a busy, standing service desk to see who is logged in where and avoid using each others' accounts. In the new UI, it's visible only from the home page.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Include an option of Streaming Video, instead of Electronic book. As it is now, we have to go back in and fix books to Video.

For our course reserve streaming video, we are only given the option of Electronic Book in the Add Brief record creation, instead of Streaming Video. As a result, we have to go in later to fix the display in Primo, which displays as a book instead of the Video that it is. Faculty members get upset when an item displays as a book when it is a film.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base