Skip to content

Alma

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Alma by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

265 results found

1. Allow bulk updating of citation sources

It would be very helpful to be able to run a job to delete, add or update a set of citation sources in bulk.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. German Translation and Knowledge Base-Usability Enhancement

There are many misunderstandable field translations in Alma.
    If these cannot be repaired ad hoc in the program itself, one could at least touch this up in the KB, so that the explanations help further.

Analytics is mostly untranslated, except for some buttons.

It would also be more user-friendly if the KB could be switched between English and German content at the current location via dropdown, without having to walk the path to the decisive location again.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Exclude results in "Facets"

When viewing search results in Alma, it would be nice to easily exclude items based on their pre-determined facets. For example, showing all results except for those on loan. This can be accomplished via an advanced search as well, but it would be more convenient to have it available via the facets menu, similar to how it is in Primo.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Provide better bib relinking functions

Provide better relinking functions. For example, when I need to move all the items (with multiple holdings) to another record, I need to transfer one holdings record at a time. It would be nice to be able to select the holdings records we want to move and relink them one time. Also when we are moving course reserve holdings from a short bib record to a full bib record the reading list does not update to the full bib record. I have to go into the reading list and remove the old bib and attach the new bib record to…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add feature to change the background dark and the letters white in Alma

Please develop a way to change the background dark and the letters white. Reworded in hopes of getting an update on the previous idea from 2019. At that time it was stated this feature would be on a future roadmap, but we haven't seen anything yet. This is an important feature for those of us who spend a lot of our work time in Alma.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Customizing search result sort options for Physical Titles/Holdings/Items searches

When conducting a Physical Items/Holdings/Titles search in Alma, it would be ideal to have the capability to: change what the default sort options are; customize additional sort field options for the Primary and Secondary sorts so an institution may sort by any field in their catalog that they desire; hide sort options from the drop-down menu that are not needed or not used.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Extend time before the Alma trial survey times out

Dear support

When answering a survey of the Alma trial management (as a trial participant), the survey will time out after approximately 10-15 minutes of non activity. This will reset all answered questions, i. e. empty the fields and remove the chosen results.

We would highly appreciate it if an adjustment of the time out period for surveys was possible, since in reality it’s common to test a product thoroughly in one browser tab while having the survey open in another and only returning to the latter once the testing of the product (or a specific aspect of it) has…

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. customize job schedules

The existing schedule options for jobs are limited to daily, weekly, or monthly. It would be nice to be able to customize job schedules.

For example, we'd like to run a job for an Analytics report every four months rather than every day, every week, or every month.

Thank you for your consideration.
    Li

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Having the possibility to change the drop-down menus’ default value in Alma

It will be great having rights to change the drop-down values in the way we want and selecting the default value. For example, changing the default value of the fulfillment menus to Any Institution instead of My institution will help our team when searching for users. It will be less confusing for them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. allow testing of Alma letters by specifying parameters rather than having to create the correct situation to trigger the letter

Currently you need to create the 'real' situation in Alma in order to trigger a letter to send. E.g. in the case of making changes to the overdue and lost loan notification letter like sending a message every 2nd day, testing this in the sandbox means you need to setup a test scenario, then make sure you run the correct job every day to see what Alma will be doing. Instead, it would be great if there was a test dialogue that would allow you to specify letter specific relevant parameters, eg. in the above example which user, which items,…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. cover art

When the cover art thumbnail is incorrectly displayed in Primo/Discovery, we have the ability to correct it by searching for the image and inserting an 856 or 956 tag in the bib record. When the cover art is incorrect in Alma, there is no ability to correct the Alma display ourselves. The solution offered by ExLibris is to contact Google books and submit a correction. Unfortunately, when I checked one such title, it was displaying correctly in Google Books so I don't know why it is not displaying correctly in Alma. In this case I would like the ability to…

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. ""Display in Discovery" link should go to Primo view based on your location in Alma

Currently if your Alma instance has multiple Primo views, you can only choose one for the ""Display in Discovery" link to go to. This can be incredibly frustrating for anyone needing to see the display in a different Primo view, as they have to edit the url.

Every Alma user already has to choose a location when they log in. Therefore, Alma should be configurable to go to a specific Primo view based on the current location of the Alma user.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Correct "Print licence" functionality

When we print the licenses the order of licence terms is not the same one that appears in Primo and in the Licence terms details.
    We would like to have a print with the same order of the licence terms details or to have the possibility to reorder its as we prefer

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Improve UI of tables with many columns

Working with citations I opened the "Available in other lists" table and got a view where the table headers are so tall that I could only see one line of actual content at a time. (See attached screenshot.) I eventually "solved" the issue by removing columns but that doesn't help if you actually need the columns. Someone on support who tried to help me "solved" it by having better eyes than me ;-) so being able to use a smaller font on their screen.

Columns in these tables should have a fixed minimum width. When there are more columns than…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Improvement for label handling in letters

Improved handling of labels in letters

Add all labels in the selected language of the letter to the XML file (same structure as code-tables API). So in the XSLT stylesheet it can be referenced with XPATH and not with @@substituion.

In this way, the power of XPATH and XSLT can also be used for labels.

Example: QueryToPatronLetter (we only ever use line1): now each Patron Query Type must have a block with the same content. With labels in the data XML, it can be a block where the correct type is selected with XSLT and XPATH.

It also makes it…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. sorting of printouts queue should remain when logging off

when the Printouts Queue opens, the three filters are always defined like this „Printout: All“ „Printed by: Me“ „Status: Pending“.We can of course make changes in the moment, but when we log out the next time we go to the Printouts Queue, the filters (All, Me, Pending) are back again.
    The Staff-Users have different needs here and have to change the filters every single time they log in. Is there a possibility to make these changes stay?
    The best option would be if the filters could be defined by the Staff-User themselves.
    The second best option: defined filters by ExLibris…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. "in process items"

On the 'In Process Items' screen, the default search currently is Title. Many library staff members search via barcode and others via Title. It would mean one less click if the default search can be either changed to All or that whichever search index the staff select that it becomes sticky so that they don't have to reselect.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Customizing the Citations section of the Alma task list

Our staff members want to be able to easily locate citations with specific citation statuses and copyright statuses via the Alma Task List widget that are not currently included in the list. We therefore would like the ability to add additional or custom statuses to the options that appear in the Alma Citations task list (which then filters the citations list to just the citations matching those statuses).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Tasks Widget: Show 'Assigned to me' consistently in ALL Task Lists

In the Tasks on the homepage, 'Purchase Requests' ALWAYS show any tasks 'assigned to me' when I expand the curtain.

'Reading Lists' NEVER shows any tasks 'assigned to me' when I expand the curtain. There are often Reading Lists assigned to me, so it would be helpful to just be able to see that like with Purchase Requests, rather than having to look in on all reading lists every day.

Same with Borrowing Requests, and Lending Requests. 'Assigned to me' does not show, whereas Electronic Resources assigned to me do appear.

This variability in the conditions for display of 'assigned…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to pin the Alma menu

Be able to pin the alma menus open (including the configuration menu).

Currently you can pin the tasks, notifications, announcements and chat with support menus. It would be good to extend it to the main Alma menus.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?