Skip to content

Alma

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Alma by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

120 results found

1. Enable Auto Refresh on the Monitor Jobs Page

At University of Tennessee we have found we are often waiting on lengthy system jobs to process before manually ran jobs are completed. It would be nice if this page had a built in auto-refresh to reload job percentage completion. It is rather tedious to repetitively click the refresh button to see if a job has began or made any substantial progress. If possible the button should be able to be clicked for instant refreshes but it should also refresh automatically in a timely matter. I believe increments of thirty seconds would be favorable or up to a minute. Thank…

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Location color schemes

I would like to make it an option to change the color scheme of the ALMA top ribbon/possibly sidebar to differentiate locations especially between Main Circulation Desk and Acquisitions, of which I have to switch regularly. This would save me time spent on correcting errors due to being in the wrong location for a particular procedure.

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Do not automatically highlight search terms

After completing a search in the persistent search box, the inputted text remains in that field. When clicking back into the persistent search box to edit this text, all of the text is automatically highlighted. This often results in accidentally deleting the entire search phrase when attempting to edit it slightly, or at the very least having to pay extra careful attention to click twice into the search box to un-highlight before editing. Removing auto-highlighting would streamline the process of editing searches and alleviate the frustration of many accidental deletions.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Configure paired libraries to have own Discovery Widget in Alma

We have two libraries and would like to have the Discovery Widget visible on Alma's initial page based on own libraries collection. When I go to Configuration Menu > Discovery > Display Configuration > Configure Views, 2 libraries are listed. If I select my own library, my own library discovery widget becomes the default to both libraries. We'd like each library to have their corresponding collection on the Discovery Widget.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Always add newly implemented fields to API and Analytics

We have repeatedly run into issues with the following: Things implemented in the Alma UI are not automatically available via API and/or Analytics.

Recent examples include:
    * June 2020 "Can't edit restricted users" - Ex Libris offered to add this to the API, but not to Analytics
    * CDI Search activation status - as of now it is not clear whether we will have access to this via API

To be honest: I am not willing to open an idea or NERS every time Ex Libris thinks it's nice to have something in the Alma UI, but do not care…

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Alma new layout: better visual distinction between Alma Main Menu and Alma Configuration

Hello.

I'm testing the new layout of Alma. https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Product_Documentation/010Alma_Online_Help_(English)/010Getting_Started/050Alma_User_Interface_%E2%80%93_General_Information/045Usability_Improvements/Layout_Improvements

One major change is that the Main Menu (with the Alma functional areas: Acq, Resources, Fulfillment,...) is now on the left side. The Alma Configuration Menu is also on the left side.

It can be difficult to visually distinguish between the Main Menu and the Configuration Menu. (Please see "Alma new layout, Main Menu vs Config Menu.png")

For example, I think I'm in the Alma Main Menu so I click on Resources to Manage Import Profiles. But I'm actually in the Configuration Menu so when I click on Resources I go…

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hide timestamp in patron facing contexts

Add an option to allow the library to decide whether or not timestamp should be shown in patron facing contexts, for example in the Primo Get It for items on loan or items waiting for reshelving.

Examples:
    - “Awaiting reshelving until 27/05/2020” instead of “Awaiting reshelving until 27/05/2020 7:02 PM”
    - “On loan until 14/07/2020” instead of “On loan until 14/07/2020 22:00”

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow multiple time zones for institutions with campuses in different time zones

We are currently implementing Alma, and have been staggered to learn that we are only allowed one time zone as our default. We understand that (it seems) most Alma institutions only have the one time zone, but in our case we have two different time zones - and one of them has a period of daylight savings every year, so that adds to the complication.

We can't see how Alma will be functional for us with Fulfillment and the like, if we can't allow both our east and west coast campuses to have their own time zones in place when…

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Relay that job report gives real time

We have more than one jobs that start at certain time and ran for long time (more than 10 hours) but reports the job ran only for about 3 hours.
    You can see SFC #00795696 for example.
    My idea is to get the real times it took a job to run from start till end

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add location creation modification details to Alma config and Events SA in analytics

Staff should be able to see who and when locations were created and/or modified in both the Alma config interface and in the Events Subject Area.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Column and/or filter for Privacy in Manage Sets

In Manage Sets it would be really helpful if there was a column to show if a set was Private or Not, and a filter for Privacy (Yes/No).

This would help when I'm trying to delete from "My Sets" or All Sets" tab. To make sure I don't break someone's business process I need to go into each set to check the privacy before I delete a set.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow a staff to set his/her default department

We are required to choose a "current desk/department" for each login. However, since each staff usually has his/her major role, meaning he/she might most of the time work on the same desk/department. To be more friendly, it's better to have staff to set his/her own default department and select other location when necessary.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enhance Report to ExLibris ticket fields within Alma

Enhance the Report To ExLibris form in Alma with the following so that it matches the tickets submitted via SalesForce:
    Contact Name field: defaults to whomever is logged in/made the default contact if there is no match. Ex: if Person B is logged into Alma and is configured to report from Alma, they are the default when submitting a problem, not Person A (which is currently listed first because its an alphabetical listing). This would help staff to submit tickets faster and without having to go into SalesForce after submitting to change the name.
    Priority: Allow this as a field!…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Notify when a title (esp. electronic portfolio) chosen in a Leganto reading list is deleted in Alma

Especially when dealing with electronic titles, for example when importing them, Alma may delete some portfolios.
    However, researchers may have previously selected these portfolios for their Leganto reading list. But nobody would notice that, until the students find a broken link in Leganto.

To avoid that right now we perform a manual check, relying on an Analysis looking for Electronic Titles selected for reading lists before running the import, and comparing that with the list of deleted portfolio we have when the import is finished. It's however time consuming.

It would be much better to get a notification when the…

128 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. rfid: write AFI-value to the tag in item editor

Please write the secure AFI-Value, if a staff user use the button "write RFID and save" inside item-editor.

We use empty RFID-Tags. So we have to initialize the AFI-Value for each tag. Now we have to go into fulfillment area and return an item to write the secure value to the tag.

If in the item-editor the AFI-value would be written it helps a lot and save time.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow keyboard shortcuts/hot keys to be configurable

Allow for the creation of keyboard shortcut/hot key profiles that will support re-mapping of shortcuts. Some of the preset shortcut are not currently available due to the removal of function keys by manufacturers.

stares at Apple

It would be a nice touch to let customers share the shortcut profiles among each other as well.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Highlight text in persistent search box when pressing "/"

After completing a search in the persistent search box, the inputted text remains in that field. When pressing "/" to select the persistent search box, the cursor jumps to the beginning of the previously inputted text without highlighting it. Automatically highlighting the text would allow one to overwrite the previous text (e.g., scanning a barcode) without selecting and deleting it.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Monitor Requests & Item Processes screen: show item Storage Location ID and Description

Monitor Requests & Item Processes screen: show item Storage Location ID and Description

In the Monitor Requests & Item Processes screen it would be extremely useful to show the item Storage Location ID and the Description. And / Or to have item Storage Location ID and Description available in the excel export of this screen.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Description Templates -- Create reference table for months and seasons

Hi,

I'm wondering if it would be possible to create some sort of reference table for the months and seasons. This would be for use in the description templates. Then we could use MM, MON, and MONTH (for example), to indicate whether the two digit code in the particular Chron field should be displayed numerically, as the standard abbreviation, or spelled out.

Having such a table would mean that for each type of pattern a single template could take the place of the 12 or 16 we have to create now.

This would be much more efficient right off the…

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add the "Public note" of the item to the PNX record

The content of the item field "Public note" will not be published to Primo. We want to index the public note in Primo but the field is not transferred to the PNX record.

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?