Skip to content

Alma

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Alma by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

259 results found

1. Create a Set of Inventory from a Title Set

It would be very useful to be able to take a set of titles, and convert it into a set of inventory attached to those titles. Specifically, I would like to create a Portfolio set from a set of Electronic Titles. I have regular need to move groups of portfolios from one local e-collection to another. I have only a list of ISBNs to start with, which I use to create an itemized Electronic Titles set. However, moving portfolios requires a Portfolio set, which can only be created with Portfolio IDs. It is very cumbersome to arrive at the appropriate…

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. batch deletion marc fields

After I define a set based on invalid URLs I would like to delete only those invalid URLs from their bib records. There is a job to delete all vendor 856 fields but many records have both valid for me and invalid for me 856 fields. For example if I define a set using find in electronic location note Stanford* I have to manually go through each record to delete the Stanford* links because I am not Stanford. If I could export the URLs, view them, and then automatically have Alma remove them from their respective bib records it would…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The ability to choose a set as a "favorite"

We have 7 pages of sets, but there are two I frequently need to view so I can work with the members of the set. It would be great if there was a way for me to mark them as a favorite so I don't have to keep scrolling through looking for them each time.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Authority linking issue with bibliographic field 240

We'd request that when Alma links up bib field 240 with a uniform title entered in authority record, it should take into account of bibliographic contents in field 240 PLUS field 100 ALTOGETHER, and link these combined contents with uniform titles entered in authority records.

Currently, it links up the uniform title in field 240 only with authority record. So, those generic uniform titles e.g. Works, Poetry, etc. will be ambiguous, and do not have proper linking with their authority records established with author's name.

Details, please refer to Salesforce case # 823121

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Authority linking issue with bibliographic field 240

We'd request that when Alma links up bib field 240 with a uniform title entered in authority record, it should take into account of bibliographic contents in field 240 PLUS field 100 ALTOGETHER, and link these combined contents with uniform titles entered in authority records.

Currently, it links up the uniform title in field 240 only with authority record. So, those generic uniform titles e.g. Works, Poetry, etc. will be ambiguous, and do not have proper linking with their authority records established with author's name.

Details, please refer to Salesforce case # 823121

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Option to export Alma search results and sets as CSV

Right now Alma search results and sets can only be exported in XLSX-format. For performance (and other) reasons it would be good to have the option to export in CSV format.

(Publishing this as an enhancement request was suggested by Ex Libris in public Salesforce case #00825531)

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Publication Year facet values

When you do title searches in Alma, you can narrow the results with the Publication Year facet. But the date range values Alma returns for that facet are arbitrary looking, unpredictable, and bear no obvious relationship to the result set. And if you then select any of the returned multi-year values, Alma will break it down into more granular--but still arbitrary--ranges.

I suggest that Alma return initial values grouped by decade (e.g., 1910-1919, 1920-1929) and then expand those into individual years (e.g., 1910, 1911, 1912...). This is also basically arbitrary, but at least it would be familiar and consistent across…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make approved Purchase requests searchable in Primo

By default, Purchase Requests are suppressed from search and discovery in Primo, whatever their status (In review, Approved, Rejected).
    We would like the library to have the possibility to automatically unsuppress Purchase Requests and to make them searchable once they have been Approved.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add the NOT Boolean operator to the Advanced Search in Alma

Advanced Search in Alma contains currently only AND and OR Boolean operators - it would be very useful to have the NOT operator included, so that we can exclude particular records from Logical Sets, rather than creating 2 Logical sets and then combining them with NOT, resulting always in an Itemized set.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Prevent Alma from showing "not listed" alerts against correct values in ALL 049 subfields

The January 2016 Alma Resolved Issues spreadsheet advises that:

'In the MD Editor: [...] For local fields (9xx, x9x, xx9) the alert "The field is not listed in profile" appeared; it no longer appears. [...]'

Four years on, however, it still does in places, perhaps most noticeably in the 049 field.

E.g. 049 subfields $$j and $$k are used extensively by those record providers available to Alma users via Search Resources, and the contents of those subfields are held to be completely accurate. However, on saving any record which contains them, the “Subfield … is not listed in profile for…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make the link to the items/portfolios attached to a title in the Collection resource editor

In the ‘Titles list’ tab of the 'Collection Resource Editor' in Alma, it would be useful to have a link to the items or portfolios attached to every selected title. This option could be added in the contextual menu.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Show the date a title was added to a collection in the Collection resource editor

When we manage large collections for the Collection discovery service in Alma, it would be useful to see when the titles were added to make periodic checkings and cleanings in the 'Titles list' tab. It could be showed through an additional and optional column.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add "View" action for publishing profiles

When creating a new publishing profiles, it can be helpful to look at other profiles for guidance. Currently, the only option to view another profile is to select Edit from the actions menu. If the user is trying to edit a profile and wants to view another one at the same time, the only practical way to do that is to open a different browser and view the profile there. Having two profiles open in the same browser can have negative consequences, as we learned at Oklahoma State-Stillwater, when two publishing profiles were merged and EXL had to help us…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Making the search history in Alma configurable

Currently, the search history in Alma is hard-coded to show 10 results and cannot be changed. We would like to make this configurable so that libraries can chose how much, or how little search history is retained.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Change log for import profiles

Change log for import profiles

Import profiles needs to have a change log to see who is making changes to import profiles. Other configurations have a change log that allows you to see who has edited the functions. I find it problematic when I view import profiles that have changed, but I cannot track by whom and when.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Search List: "All Titles" by "LC Call Number Range"

Search "All Titles" by LC Call Number Range. Currently you can only do that with physical items, although you can search "All Titles by LC Subject Keyword. Since most/many Electronic items do have LC Call Number in their MARC record 050 _4, I don't see why this is not possible...

As a collections librarian, it would be very useful.
    Therese

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Mark suppressed record in Alma when suppressBibWithSuppressedHold is set to true and is deleted the last holding record.

If parameter Configuration Alma - Resources - Other settings suppressBibWithSuppressedHold is set to true, when deleting the holding record, if this is the last one, the bibliographic record is not visible in the Discovery but the record is visible in Alma (does not have the eye strikethrough).

It is not logical that you have to go manually to the MD Editor to show in Alma that this record will be hidden in Primo.

If we must manually mark hiden bibliographic record in Alma (eye strikethrough), the suppressBibWithDeletedHold parameter has no use because the task is incomplete in Alma.

What Alma…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow notes to be ordered.

Sometimes a particular note is important enough you want it to always show at the top, but other notes need to added that push it farther and father down. It used to be if you did an edit on any note it put it back at the top, but that no longer works.
    This needs to work in both portfolios and in purchase orders.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Multiple Quick-Cataloging Templates

Scenario:
    There are multiple workflows and purposes for which the Quick Cataloging interface is used. For example, in course reserves, staff frequently need to create records for different resource formats beyond book and article. Staff at the circulation desks need to create records any time an item brought to the desk is not found in Alma, and these resources can take any form - from sound recordings on CD to equipment like laptop chargers.

Problem:
    Not all of these materials fit the current “book” and “article” templates provided for Quick Cataloging. To enable efficient use of the Quick Cataloging feature,…

163 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Import authority records from Excel files

Bibliographic records may be imported using CSV (comma-separated values) or Excel files. (See https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Product_Documentation/010Alma_Online_Help_(English)/040Resource_Management/060Record_Import/Importing_Records_with_CSV_or_Excel_Files)

The idea is to offer the same functionality for AUTHORITY records!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base