Skip to content

Alma

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Alma by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

328 results found

1. Add the Override Return Date and Time option to Individual Returns from Patron Services (rather than just from the Bulk Returns page)

The current (11/2021) Returns tab in Manage Patron Services does not display an option for Override Return Date and Time.

Please add cross-functionality so that the override can be performed from this screen in addition to its current location in the bulk Return Items function.

In this way, a single item can be returned with the corrected date (preventing a letter being issued for overdue fines) without having to specifically route in through the Return Items function, which is listed in documentation as being suited for bulk returns.

For a library with lower circulation numbers or individual items returning through…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. shortcut for "Write to RFID and save"

Dear Ex Libris
    There is already a shortcut for reading RFID tags (Alt+A) when scanning in an item.
    It would be very helpful and speed up processes, if there was also a shortcut for "Write to RFID and save" in the physical item editor for quick tagging items.
    With Kind regards
    Daniel

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Library opening hours - prolong the "valid to" field in bulk

It would be very helpful to have a possibility to prolong library opening hours in bulk. We have more than 40 libraries and now the only possibility to prolong library opening hours is to open each line with opening hours, save it and run the "Apply changes" job. With so many libraries with many lines for opening hours in the library calendar will be this change for many hours of clicking.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Remove "Valid Until" in calendar entries

The current behavior in Alma is that any calendar entries have an effective date and a valid until date, that is automatically 3 years beyond the date the event was last edited.

The effective date does not in my mind serve any purpose and creates puzzling and frustrating situations for fulfillment services staff if the current date approaches any of these valid until dates, because patron loans will start being shortened, seemingly for no reason.

For exceptions, date ranges are called explicitly. For standard hours there either should be no valid until date, or this should be specified explictly, to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Extend or allow one to be able to extend the time it takes to time-out when on the Manage Patron Services screen.

Please extend or allow one to customise their own time-out settings for the Manage Patron Services screen.

Gets on my nerves when I'm in the middle of composing an email to a Patron about their loans and I have to keep bringing up their account because it goes back to the search screen.

I need more time if I'm dealing with: fines, loan history, and making notes on an account, whilst trying to communicate what I'm doing.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Display logic to hide services by user assigned RS library

Allow Discovery Interface Display Logic rules to hide service Rapido Physical Offer based on user's assigned resource sharing library.

In our instance, we have one default/generic RS library and several location-based RS libraries. Users are put in the generic RS library by default, then reassigned to a specific RS library depending on where they are enrolled. For example, a patron in Chicago would have the Chicago RS library assigned, while an online patron would still have the generic RS library assigned.

We would like the ability to hide Rapido physical offers from users with the generic RS library assigned. Currently…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The option for Fulfillment AND Internal notes to pop up during Check in/out

When scanning an item into the Scan In Items screen, both Fulfillment and Internal Notes pop up. However, when scanning items into the Circulation screens (Manage Patron Services & Return Items), only Fulfillment notes pop up.

We would like the option for Fulfillment AND Internal Notes to pop up for staff while using the Circulation screens at the desk. There tends to be important information in both fields that they should be aware of while checking items in and out.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. configuration exeptions in opening hours

I wanted to update the opening hours in the psb for the next year. Some Holidays like the first of january, the first of may or the third of october, the library is closed every year.
    I realized, that I can’t add a „recurrence“ for these days with the record type „exception“. If I add a new record and choose the record type „event“ I can add a „recurrence“ but the status will be „open“. I can’t change the status to „closed“
    It would be nice if the record of these Holidays could have the „recurrence“ „yearly“ and the „status“…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Improve General Electronic Service

In each General Electronic Service, the Service Details page has a section marked "Disable Service," with radio button options for
    Never, When resource is owned by the campus, When resource is owned by the campus and available, When resource is owned by the institution, and When resource is owned by the institution and available. These controls do not work. I have been told that making them work would be an enhancement. I suggest that they be hidden or removed in order to avoid wasting the time of library staff in trying to make them work.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add Fulfillment Jobs Configuration : a daily aggregation letter of returned items

The existing "Return Receipt Letter" is sent in two situation:
    1. when librarian clicked the done button at 'Manage Patron Services' screen,
    2. After scan each item at "retrun item"
    this letter is set in Circulation Desk configuration, user recieve letters after return items each time.

we suggest Alma create a new Fulfillment Jobs Configuration* to sent "return receipts", like the existing configuration "Loans - Overdue and Lost Loan Job".

The new configuration could reflect all of the items the patron returned at the same day, and list all items for the patron on one "returned receipt". Configured as such,…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add statistics notes and physical condition fields to Scan In Messages Configuration table

Information about the physical condition is sometimes important when loaning items. It would not be necessary to duplicate information in other fields.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add a column option to the Service Availability Rules in General Electronic Services for the rule's Output Paramters (IsDisplay True/False)

Currently when I'm in a General Electronic Service (GES), and I click on the "Service Availability Rules" tab, I can see the table list of rules. The only way to see if the IsDisplay is set to true/false is to go into each rule individually. Please make it a column in that rules table list so I can see the output parameter of IsDisplay in the list without clicking on each individual one. Even if it isn't in the default table list, please make it an option I can choose.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add text message notification option for patron overdue notices

Allowing patrons to request text message notifications for overdue items would better ensure that they receive the overdue reminder notices, increasing the likelihood of having the materials returned more quickly, and decreasing the number of bills and collection efforts. Text messages are received on a more timely basis, while emails are often checked infrequently and can be more easily missed. Asking patrons at check out what the best way to contact them regarding overdue items and being able to offer text message notices (at their request, since some people do not have unlimited texting on their mobile device plan) as…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. If user notes are marked "external" send an immediate notification to user's email

If user notes are marked "external" send an immediate notification to user's email

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sort Activity Report Letter by Due Date

The Activity Report Letter currently seems to be sorted by Loan Date in ascending order.

But patrons are probably most interested in knowing which items are due soon. So I think sorting the letter by Due Date in ascending order (first due comes first) would make more sense.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. allow patrons to opt out of notifications from the Primo page

allow patrons to opt out of notifications from their account as accessed via Primo page.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. General hold request only to display for journals

Currently, the General hold request (GHR) is triggered based on whether or not at least one item on the holding has a description in the item description field.
    We would like to change the trigger to target specifically series, as many of our items have descriptions without being a journal issue. As criteria, the bibliographic level of the bib record (=s) could serve.
    The GHR would then only appear for actual journals.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add Date Due column to patron Fines record

When a patron questions their fine, I would like to be able to show them: your book was due on this date (date due) and returned on this date (Discharge date found under the comments column). I've already found the Columns list, but Due Date isn't in there. I've also checked with Basecamp and it was suggested I send this in to Ideas Exchange. Thanks!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Template for "Create Items"

In the Manage Patron Services, it would be very helpful to be able to configure templates that are used when an operator selects "Create item". Then we can only display the fields that are necessary and leave out fields that are unnecessary for that moment.c

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Prevent notices from being sent when using "return items" - have notices sent to users only after using "Scan In"

Once we switch from the classic to the new UI, we've discovered that when we check items in using "return items" hold notices are sent to patrons automatically. Previously, notices were not triggered until we used the "Scan In" option. The item location would appear as "on the holdshelf" regardless, so this is just about notices only. Since there may be reasons why an item may not be ready for patron use (e.g., missing parts / damages / repairs needed, etc), we'd like to have the ability to address those issues before the patron is informed that an item is…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base