Skip to content

Alma

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Alma by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

189 results found

1. 采购查重

由于ISBN查重仍有问题,会产生大量复本图书,所以ISBN查重不能满足实际的需求。还有系统的模糊查重配置是去精确比对100和245字段,在系统中放在100字段的只能是单个的创作者creator,而多个中的其他创作者、还有所有贡献者都会放在7XX中,在我们导入订单时,不论是何种责任方式,我们都放在了100字段,所以,如果系统是直接将我们导入的100字段和系统的100字段比对,这是不科学的。正确的比对方式应该是将我们的100字段和系统的1XX和7XX一起比对才是。再者245字段,由于某些老师给的题名不完整或者不规范,所以,在245的比对时,也不应该是一对一精确匹配,而是应该将导入的245去符号,和系统中已有的245去符号进行比对,只要系统中245完全等于或者全包含我们导入的245,就当做重复给予显示,才完美。比如导入的245是xxxx:xx,系统的是245xxxx:xx 再比如我们的245是xxxx:xx,系统的是245xxxx:xxsssss;这两种情况的重复提示,才是需要的。并且90多条数据,人工查了77条重复,说明了永久检索框中实现了上述我说的245题名查重,但是订单创建那边模糊查重却没能做到。希望订单创建查重那里进行优化,从而完善查重需求。

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add platform filter to the "Missing Data"

The "Missing Data" tab under the Load Usage Data section should have a filter for platform. As I set up more usage reports and as I want to check and make sure all the data came through, it has become more difficult to find the rows that I want to review. A filter for platform will help.

Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Auto update to Resource Locate Status

When we purchase a material thought the request from Leganto, after the item is delivered and processed by Library, the Resources Locate Status is still "Resource Located" but not "Check Availability", it is necessary to make the Alma update automatically.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. POL load fiscal year

During import of POL, please add a field to load the fund's Fiscal Year/Period. This is necessary for running Acquisitions with Accrual Accounting enabled. Right now, according to development: "if the next Fiscal Period is active and the funds are valid then the Encumbrance will be made on the next FP. This is what is the expected behavior from Alma." I'm not sure why it's "expected" to always load POL into the most distant future year-- but regardless, I need the ability to load into a specific Fiscal Year. (This is different from running a Job on POL transactions, where…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make it easier to configure Alma vendor order letter. XML and Style sheets require to much background to quickly set up.

Provide a generic-simple Word letter for ordering that Acquisitions can customize by adding pertinent info to such as vendor name and address, title, price, terms, and the libraries contact info. The editing and testing of the current letter now is very cumbersome. Can you use a savable word document that allow you to copy and paste in a vendor's email and the basic info of the title to be purchases. Xml and style sheets are too time consuming and needs more software skills than many Acquisitions Department have access to. I just want to email an order to the vendor.…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add EOD FILE Information and Alma Job number to POL Notes Tab

When a EOD is used it would be helpful if the EOD job information was added to the POL Notes tab within each pol file. Whenever I need to fix a EOD load issue I often have to sort through multiple loads to find the correct one. Having the file name and the Alma Job number on the notes tab would greatly speed up this process.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adding PO lines when creating a licence

We would like the ability to link the license to a PO line in the license details. To open the PO line tab and add the PO here.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Claim

When I place a claim, I add a receiving note that itemizes which issue I have claimed. I remove this receiving note when I have received the claim. It would be great if there was a way for me to automate a note when I have claimed an issue, and if the note could be automatically deleted after the issue has been received.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Activating Ebooks - moving the done button away from the delete button

Could you move the DONE button to the top of the list when activating ebooks? Having the DONE and DELETE buttons next to each other means it is easy to click on the wrong button by mistake.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Link holdings when creating an order for an existing physical standing order.

Currently when a new order is created for an existing standing order, with "Assign inventory manually" checked, the user has to create the POL then exit before entering the supplier, price, fund code, and other information.
    The POL then has to be linked to the holdings, which is an entirely separate process. Only when this is done can the necessary order information be entered.
    Allowing the user to link to existing holdings as part of creating the order would make this a much more seamless process.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Receiving items without creating a barcode by location

We have a location for our current periodicals. We check in a current issues here but will normally not add a barcode to these item records. We looked for a way to set this location to not ask about creating a new item without a barcode. We found a seeting in Acquisitions -> Receiving Department Validations, which can be set as not check if item has a barcode. But it will remove barcode validation from ALL locations.

That is not what we need. I would want to make sure that books being received get barcode validation and bound periodicals as…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow filtering of the task list by invoice number

This will enable a more streamlined workflow. All the tasks on an invoice number can be quickly identified without needing to enter each individual title.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add Licensing Agent field to results info

It would be beneficial to have the Licensing Agent field included in the columns when viewing results in license searches. Currently the License Code is present, but including the Licensing Agent field would be very useful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Digital Deposit Order Letters

Currently there are letters in Alma for legal deposit orders and legal deposit claims. We have legislation for digital legal deposit which requires a different order letter to be sent out to publishers. Even a generic letter configuration that could be sent to any vendor would be useful. All libraries could change the words as required.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Copy and modify a specific attribute value from its original value or from another attribute value

hi, Copy and modify a specific attribute value from its original value or from another attribute value is commonly needed and will be helpful. For example, copy the fund expenditure for physical items to the corresponding inventory price in the physical items, which will be helpful for asset management.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add Vendor Reference ID to search index

At present, we search Vendor Reference ID with the searching criteria of All. However, All does not provide a exact search result for the target Vendor Reference ID but for all the expressions part. Please consider adding Vendor Reference ID to the normal or advanced search criteria for PO Lines.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. license

Allow users to upload multiple vendor licenses and amendments at a time to ALMA

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Provide a way to select and download multiple usage reports under Vendor Details > Usage Data tab.

I saw that the ability to select & delete multiple usage reports has been planned for development. Along with the ability to select & delete multiple usage reports, it would would be great to have the ability to select & download multiple files from the list of usage reports under the Vendor Details > Usage Data tab.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make the "License ID" visible in Alma

My team was trying to investigate ways to make sets for a project regarding our licenses and thought using the License ID would be great, but it's frustrating since we can't even see what the License ID actually is unless you find it in an Analytics report and search for it. In Analytics, you can add a column to show the "License ID", but are unable to view that in Alma. I think if it's viewable in Analytics and it's also a searchable field in Alma, it would make sense to make it an option to view in Alma as…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Possibility to see cancelled resources in alma, as a real ERM system

Make it possible in a good way to see cancelled resources, to add notes and information. To have a history of cancellatioans. Like a real ERM system

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base