Skip to content

Primo

Your feedback matters to us. Help us improve Primo by telling us what you’d like to see using the message areas below. You can also can support something already posted.

We would love to be able to respond to every idea that is submitted, but this is not feasible. We are, however, committed to responding to the most popular ideas—those that have received the most points.

For more information please review our FAQ and guidelines. Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

291 results found

1. HTML Language Tag customizable for Screen Readers

In order to improve the accessibility of Primo, it would be helpful if one would be able to choose country-specific language settings for screen readers by the HTML language tag. We would be interested in the language setting “de-AT” to be available to recognize the Austrian variety of the German language. This could also be interesting for a lot of other languages.

60 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Remove Pickup location entry from digitization entry in my requests

When digitization requests are in process, a pickup location is displayed. This doesn't make sense for something that is a digitization or document delivery request, since there is nothing to "pickup". I realize this is a holdover from the photocopy days, but perhaps it might make more sense if patrons had the option to request physical delivery for a digitization request ("request physical copy") and ask them to designate a pickup location rather than having users assign a pickup location for all digital requests.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add document delivery transactions to Requests tab in 'My Account'

Current digitization (document delivery/digitization) requests are shown when requests are in process. I would like docdel and digitization requests to be available in the Requests tab until they are expired.

Ideally, a download button would be available while the document is available ( before the doc expires or max views has been exceeded) and the number of remaining views is displayed (see image).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Improve resource accessibility with a new field «Request accessible document» in “Digitization optional parameters”

To provide better access to resources for users with disabilities, ETH Library would like to offer its users accessible digital copies. This service requires an additional field in the digitization request form in Primo VE, in which users can indicate if they would like to request an accessible document. This field could be named “Request accessible document” and be added to Discovery > Configuration > GetIt > Digitization optional parameters, so that libraries can enable and disable the field as they like. We think that it would be best if there was a dropdown list available for this field with…

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Resource type filter bar: after a search, terms with no hits should be inactive or a counter should be visible

The resource type filter bar under the search field will remind patrons of Google. Which is good, because they know how that works.

But: there is no indication in Primo VE that the filters are also visible and clickable if there are no hits behind them.

Please either add a counter (which would be consistent with the facets in the side column), or deactivate the terms that don't have hits, so that they are not clickable.

Clicking on something and landing on an empty page is frustrating.

Example:
    https://basel.swisscovery.org/discovery/search?query=any,contains,filters&tab=UBS&search_scope=UBS&vid=41SLSP_UBS:live&lang=en&offset=0

-> Book chapters and Music scores have no hits, but the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Language field in Brief Record Display ought to use the Language codes Labels (VE)

For institutions with multi-lingual collections, the out-of-the-box Language field can be a useful addition to the record display. When Language is added to the Full Record display, the "Language codes Labels" code table is used to convert the abbreviated codes used in metadata records into generally understood language names–e.g. the code 'gle' displays as 'Irish'.

When the Language field is added to the Brief Record display, however, the labels are NOT used and the code is displayed as-is. Ex Libris recognizes this as a defect (case #06659538) but a solution is not part of the current development work plan. We…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Display Licenses for Results from CDI if holdings are associated with a license

For Primo VE search results, display the license for results obtained from the CDI. Primo already displays the license terms of results obtained from Alma holdings. License terms are displayed next to a Primo VE result that is from an institution’s Alma holding if the Alma holding has a license assigned to it (shown in the Electronic Collection Editor’s General tab in Alma), but the license is not currently displayed when Primo VE search results are obtained from the CDI for the same holding (that does have a license assigned to it.). This would benefit ILL staff who rely on…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Share on social media: add Mastodon and Bluesky

Share on social media from full title display:

Please add Mastodon and Bluesky as options.

Can't speak for Threads as that's blocked in Europe, but would probably make sense to add it at the same time.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make the Blank Request Form Customizable Based on User Group

Make the Blank Request Form customizable based on which user group is logging in to use it.

We are switching to using the Blank Request Form for resource sharing, however as a library that serves a university, college and community we would like to be able to customize which fields patrons see based on their user group.

Our university students have the option of picking up items at any of our consortium partner schools. The college and community members do not have this option. However there is no way to prevent them from seeing the pick up anywhere option on…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Title in "digital collection" section

In Primo VE, within the "Digital Collections" section, digital records currently display the entire content of field 245 as the title. This results in excessively lengthy titles for certain entries. Ideally, we would prefer that only subfield 245$$a be shown as the title within the "Digital Collections" section.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make both the label and the code from the controlled vocabulary registry searchable

When adding a controlled vocabulary to the registry and afterwards connecting it to a certain MARC field in Primo VE, patrons now can only search using the code and not the label.

As an example imagine a controlled vocabulary with the entry ECON (code) and Economy and Finance (label). If ECON (the code) is stored in the record and the patron searches for Economy and Finance in that field (in advanced filter), he or she will get no results. If you search for ECON however all relevant records will be returned.
    Of course the patrons are not supposed to know…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Separate the Primo My Account Update Login Credentials form into two different forms for PIN code and Password

As a user, I would like to have two different forms for Pincode update and Password update (Update Login Credentials in My Account > Personal Settings) so I am sure that I can also change only one of the two. With the current design (=one form for PIN and password update), it is suggested to me that I always have to update both.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make the PIN code field in Primo My Account a secure text field with eye icon to show/hide the PIN

As a user, I would like to have the possibility to hide the values I have entered in the Pincode field (Update Login Credentials in My Account > Personal Settings) so that the data isn't visible to others. In order to check for typos, I would like to have the possibility to display the data (e.g. by clicking on an eye symbol)

93 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Support "Exact year" date search in Advanced Search

If a user knows the exact year they want to limit to, they have to type it in twice, whether they are using the facet option or the Advanced Search dropdown for Date Range. It would be helpful if the Advanced Search had a "Exact year" option with a single field to fill in.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Displaying author field in collections in Primo

We have a collection in Primo showcasing publications from our researchers and so we would like to be able to display the author's name to promote the book. See screenshot for what currently displays (title and book cover).

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hide collections

Right now public Primo collections need to be deleted in order to hide them from public view; correspondingly, if a collection is suppressed from Discovery when it is created, it cannot be unsuppressed. It would be useful to be able to simply hide and unhide collections easily, for things like making changes, or themed collections whose time have passed.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Facet "Availability" : display order

I would like to be able to choose the order in which items are displayed in the "Availability" facet, and thus put the most important ones first.

In the backoffice, a "display order" column exists. I created a case to know why the display did not correspond to my choice. The person who answered, told me that it was not used in the user interface, and that it was considered as an improvement request.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Custom location order in brief results list

Where there are multiple records for the same holding within our institution, we would like to configure the order of locations in the brief results. Patrons could then see the circulating items first, rather than non-circulating items, reducing confusion and wasted time.

This is similar to #32961133, "Ability to select which location appears first." The resulting Location Ordering Profile allows us to set a custom order within a single record, which is very helpful. But it does not solve the problem where there are multiple records.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow removal of main title enlargement upon hover in Resource Recommender banner

The default (and expected) behavior of the Resource Recommender banner results in an enlargement of the text entered for the main title field. We are unable to modify this behavior via CSS, find the transition jarring, and would like to have the option of no hover effect or, at minimum, a less extreme one.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Primo - "related titles sorted alphabetically by title" also for Primo direct / classic not VE

In Primo VE one can have related titles sorted alphabetically by title
    This is particularly useful for multipart, journals, and in general complex record structure. Unfortunately, this is possible only in Primo VE, but not in classic Primo.
    It would be useful if the 2 versions of Primo were aligned also regarding this very useful feature.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15