How can we improve Alma?

Delay time between receiving an item and sending email notice to patron

We would like to be able to configure the amount of time between receiving an item and sending an email notice for pickup to a patron. We receive items in batch and then file them onto the hold shelves in batch. Some time is need between these batch processes.

Current workarounds include: including text in emails that students might not read or scanning the items through two separate workflows.

Being able to configure the trigger for the email notice would be much better.

128 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Blake Galbreath shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Blake Galbreath commented  · 

@Anonymous: Sorry, I see the confusion in my wording. This Idea is about Resource Sharing/ILL, not Acquisitions.

• Anonymous commented  · 

the workflow we do is, the Acquisitions person receives the items and routes them to "Cataloging" in Alma creating a workorder. We have it set up so that the interested user notification does not send until the work order is closed. I close the work order before I send the cart of books up to the Circulation desk.

• Blake Galbreath commented  · 

Hi Moshe,

That is precisely what we don't want to do: create two workflows where we only need one. The method you describe is fine if there are 3 books to process, but much less so if there are 100.

Being able to configure the delay between scan and email would be highly preferred.

Thanks,
        Blake

• AdminMoshe Shechter (Alma Product Manager, Ex Libris) commented  · 

Hi,

You should be able to turn the 'Automatically notify patron' switch off at receive time to prevent the notice from being sent, so that it will be sent only when the item is re-scanned in at the Scan In interface.

Is that not working for you ?

Moshe Shechter

Feedback and Knowledge Base